Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to it. I've got a core group of about 20 pokemon I've had with me for awhile, and my buddy has them all in his Black version 2. Lots of team building is coming my way.

Why are you dreading its release?

Better reason to dread its release...hacks.

Pokémon can't be hacked/PC-made as of now in X & Y, but there are at least three popular illegal programs that people have been using to hack and custom-edit Pokémon from the last generations.

Before Poké Bank, everyone was forced to used legal, legit Pokémon online. Now, with the ability to create and carry over hacks from the older games into X & Y through Poké Transporter or whatever its called, expect to see an impossible number of things like PERFECT STAT, SHINY ONE-OF-A-KIND Ho-oh, perfect, shiny, one-of-a-kind Celebi, perfect stats, shiny Skarmory with impossible-to-bred movesets combinations...

X and Y have a check system, which is the blue star. It's unknown what effect it may have. You may not be able to transfer those Pokemon from Gen 5 to the Pokebank or use them competitively.

Guys, been busy...Will add SuperFerrett and Spidey Bat tomorrow.

Rogue_agent - appreciate you catching me a phanpy and palpitoad. I'll make sure to be online and let you know if I see you on

Rogue_agent - appreciate you catching me a phanpy and palpitoad. I'll make sure to be online and let you know if I see you on

I can't catch Palpitoad unless you're online :funny: I'm not playing until Pokemon Bank comes out, so let me know when you're on and I'll come on.

X and Y have a check system, which is the blue star. It's unknown what effect it may have. You may not be able to transfer those Pokemon from Gen 5 to the Pokebank or use them competitively.

That's what I've heard as well. Additionally, I've heard that all move tutor moves from last gen won't carry over. If true, the only point of Pokebank is to allow people to breed their previous Pokemon.

I've made it to the Elite 4. Anyone have any suggestions which Pokemon I should have on my team?

Powerful ones. The Elite Four in this game isn't too hard.

That's what I've heard as well. Additionally, I've heard that all move tutor moves from last gen won't carry over. If true, the only point of Pokebank is to allow people to breed their previous Pokemon.

That's ********. I hope that's not true. It can't be true :(

What about other great moves from tutors? I wouldn't wanna lose them too. That would be so annoying.

Gamefreak are better off just nerfing Stealth Rock. I wish they did that.

Noooooooo :( I hope this isn't true since some of my Pokemon have these moves - not Stealth Rock.

Where have you heard this? The only thing we know about Pokebank is about the checker. But we don't know if that means all hacked Pokemon or just ones that are impossible to exist (eg Wonder Guard Sableye). Anything else is really just baseless speculation. Because there are no move tutors in XY, I'm thinking that it's bull****. The only move restriction will probably be you can't transport Pokemon with HMs so you won't end up stuck somewhere.

So I have a squirtle (on Pokemon black) and a charizard anybody wanna give me a bulbasaur?

If you use the Pokemon Bank by next September, you'll get a free Celebi!

So once the app gets released later this month, load it up during the free trial to get one. :yay:

Ok guys managed to make my selections I just wanna create a team of each type, with some being not just single types eg bug/flying.

Most of these I know are not the "correct" choices for real battling but I just picked ones I liked or ones I've always used so any suggestions. Or recommendations, or should I drop certain ones for evolutions or replacements eg scyther for scizor

Bug: scyther
Dragon : dratini
Ice : glaceon
Fighting: Mankey/riolu
Fire : charmander
Flying: starly
Grass bulbasaur
Ghost ghastly
Ground: diglett
Electric pikachu
Normal: snorlax
Poison: nidoking
Psychic: abra
Rock:larivtar
Water: squirtle
Dark: zorua/hound or
Steel: am wile
Fairy:sylveon

Of course the ones listed are just the starter evolutions. I'm gonna try and breed a new version of each

Question: Why are you using unevolved's?

Anyway, if you go with Scyther, give it Eviolite. Scyther is no worse than Scizor...while Scizor is actually more competitive, its not a huge gap, like (clearly) fully evolved high-stats Lucario over low stats Riolu.

In fact, both Scyther and Scizor have the exact same base stats. When Scyther evolves, its true base stats DON'T increase like any other Pokémon do upon evolving...Scyther's stats just get distributed. Scizor gains a higher Def and a slightly Atk, losing Speed compared to Scyther. While Scyther's stats stay as higher Speed, high Atk, etc., meaning their stats total are the same.

So yeah, Scyther is totally a valid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"