The Dark Knight Rises It's The 'Tusi. Deal With It. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh, just looked it up. I never knew about that term. :woot:

Wrote 2,000 words today. Not my best effort but I got to a point where I was ready satisfied and I found a big plot element in the story that needs changing. So, in a way that's progress I guess.

I don't get the Shia hate. I don't like Indiana 4 or the two last Transformers as movies but I don't think Shia is outright bad in any of them. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt in better roles/movies.

And I don't think Hillcoat would have cast him if he didn't see something for him in the role.

I thought this movie sounded amazing. Capable of breaking into my top 10. Then I heard Shia Labeouf was in it. ****.
After reading the book an getting a sense of the characters, Tom has a lot of transforming to do in the role but Shia doesn't have as much. He could easily do what the role requires I think.

:yay:

I don't get the Shia hate. I don't like Indiana 4 or the two last Transformers as movies but I don't think Shia is outright bad in any of them. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt in better roles/movies.

And I don't think Hillcoat would have cast him if he didn't see something for him in the role.

I can honestly say that, imo, he is the worst big name actor I have ever seen. There are certain actors/actresses who can be good in certain roles (ex. Megan Fox is perfect in the eye candy role, Hugh Grant is perfect as the charmingly stupid British guy) but Shia has never been good in anything I've ever seen him in. Disturbia, Transformers, Indiana, Eagle Eye, Wall Street... all films made much worse because of him.
Again this is just my opinion, and one must take into account that I'm extremely jealous of his wealth and fame but as of leaving the cinema after seeing Wall Street I downright refuse to watch any movie with such a bad actor.

:yay:

After reading the book an getting a sense of the characters, Tom has a lot of transforming to do in the role but Shia doesn't have as much. He could easily do what the role requires I think.

I genuinely hope Shia surprises me. I hope he proves me wrong. I just despise his attempts at acting.
And Tom will kill the role. As with everything.
I must the read the book though.

So long as Shia isn't running around yelling whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-no-no-no-no-no-no-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-OPTIMUS!!! it should be ok.

I think Shia's a better actor than people give him credit for. I really enjoyed him in Money Never Sleeps

Shia is alright in my book. I don't hate him. I don't love him. I'm happy though that he's getting raves.

I liked 'The Greatest Game Ever Played'...

and how can you not like Shia in 'Disturbia' ......:hehe:

OMG

Bane vs Batman has nothing on this....

[YT]RSS1zh45Fts&feature=related[/YT]

Shia gets way too much crap. I've always enjoyed him, mostly from his Even Stevens days.

MultipleJesus's review of MATHION on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004NIFH8A/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1337471786&sr=8-1 said:
The more I read Mathion, the further it climbs up my top 10 list of favorite books.
Anyone who has ever owned any kind of pet will feel an instant emotional attachment to Mathion and his wolf, Elekan's relationship and it is one of the strongest points in the book. How this book is only 79p (UK) is beyond me as I'd easily have paid ten times the price. If anyone is curious about getting into the fantasy genre then Mathion is the perfect place to start and I cannot wait for whatever Shanley has to offer next.

:woot: that made my day

Wow, you got 2 positive reviews so far. I hope there's more to come! Not surprising that it made your day :yay:

Well that was just on Amazon UK, I have WAY more on Barnes & Noble.com, Amazon US, Smashwords and Goodreads. There have been plenty of negative reviews, though

Wait, you wrote a book Sentinel? I can only assume I am a prominent character with a huge... ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"