The Dark Knight Rises The 'Tusi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnie films are AWESOME! Every single one I saw was at the least entertaining and well worth the time spent watching! :woot:

You Sir have fine taste :awesome: I own every one of his films! I even LOVE Last Action Hero and Jingle All The Way :woot:

LEO....watching Bubba now.

You Sir have fine taste :awesome: I own every one of his films! I even LOVE Last Action Hero and Jingle All The Way :woot:

LEO....watching Bubba now.

Thank you, kind sir! :awesome: Yeah Jingle All The Way had some damn funny moments, with Arnold's wife and that neighbor...and that post man dude or whatever he was, also after that toy. Last Action Hero has a poster of Sly as Terminator so it's automatically epic. :awesome:

Thank you, kind sir! :awesome: Yeah Jingle All The Way had some damn funny moments, with Arnold's wife and that neighbor...and that post man dude or whatever he was, also after that toy. Last Action Hero has a poster of Sly as Terminator so it's automatically epic. :awesome:

Two words: kidnergarten cop.

I use RT for a VERY general consensus on a film. Like if I'm out buying dvds I'll do a quick Google and see.

Actually, Amazon is better for that. Cos RT bash loads of the Arnie films I like, so **** them :woot:

Oh hai Rapunzel ¦]

Hey jonny. Sorry I stood the tusi up before :)

As for amazon, I tottaly agree they have decent reviews, and I read them often.

I don't buy movies I haven't seen though.

MIB3 is actually not Certified Fresh. Prometheus is. See the little stamp next to Prometheus that isn't next to MIB3? Yeah. That's what that means. Anyway, Prometheus is still above it, and we both know that it's a great film. And as Sharkboy pointed out, there are different standards. See:

I thought if it had a tomato instead of a green splat, it meant fresh:doh:. I'm just shocked how low Prometheus score is (and thats saying i thought it was atleast an 85%) But when the GA sees its getting reviews like MIB3, then that will change peoples minds about seeing it. I get that they are reviewed differently, but not everyone goes through each review...the see the score and move on.

Do people really let a RT % have any impact on their movie choices? I remember the days when Rotten Tomatoes was laughed at for their reviews. :funny:

yea, for me it is to an extent though...if a movie (example: prometheus) is getting a 74% then i'll see it. but if its Snow white and the Huntsman (48%) or Battleship (34% ??) then I dont even bother, i'll wait for HBO. I would have never seen X-men: first class if I didn't see its good reviews.

At least MIB3 wasn't the crapfest MIB2 was though. That was a plus.

Aren't you giving MIB2 a little too much credit? Johnny Knoxville, and a mini Johnny Knoxville actually did happen, that WAS NOT A DREAM!:oldrazz:

Care to guess what my text-tone is?

PUT DAT COOKIE DOWN, NAAOWWW!
:WOOT:

Everyone says those two are his worst, I love them lol. Red Sonja is the worst. Last Action Hero is the perfect self-parody.

Hey jonny. Sorry I stood the tusi up before :)

As for amazon, I tottaly agree they have decent reviews, and I read them often.

I don't buy movies I haven't seen though.

It's ok, but we've lost afew guys recently :( Even tho I know Nev is watching!

Amazon reviews are usually fantastic cos its a massive mix and not just critics...who usually talk alot of rubbish, imo.

Really? I buy maaaaaaany dvds, then if they aren't any good I trade them in for more and repeat. Constant cycle.

You're obviously not gonna agree with RT all the time. I don't.

I go to see movies I wouldn't have previously seen before because of RT, such as Hanna for me. If a movie is low, like 40s or 50s, it's a maybe for me but if it's under 40% with some exceptions, I'm not going to see it because I did realize that RT is right at times about some movies.

I saw Transformers 2 which had a 20 something RT percentage and hated it. Same with Green Lantern. Meanwhile, I can't think of a movie with 80 percent RT or higher that I disliked.

I tend to see films that have a 70% or higher, even 65%. It being Certified Fresh always helps.

And Cory, don't worry, no one's going to be dissuaded if it's close to MIB. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. The Certified Fresh symbol says it all. Prometheus really isn't that low. 74% is really impressive, especially considering the movie is supposedly so divisive. The Prestige has a 75% and that's my favorite film of all time. Not a big deal at all, man. Again, a 74% is a very good score.

Something like Prometheus requires no RT rating! :cmad: :o

Well with 40s and 50s percentage movies I tend to give the benefit of the doubt if it's a comedy.

And Prometheus I didn't check the RT rating until after the movie. I tend to agree at where it's at in the tomatometer.

Something like Prometheus requires no RT rating! :cmad: :o
Did you like it? I remember you saying you were going to see it but I don't remember you posting your thoughts.

Well with 40s and 50s percentage movies I tend to give the benefit of the doubt if it's a comedy.

Yeah, comedies tend to be pretty divisive with critics. See Bruce Almighty or Yes Man.

SWATH was good. The theater was packed, unfortunately. Some women wouldn't ****ing shut up.

There are certain films that are just review proof. Prometheus is one of them. It seems to be cinematic marmite at the moment.

Yeah, that looks cool, just watched it. I just hope they get Hamill back for Joker in Part 2.

How can people not know what marmite is..

Well I'm not British. I had to look it up. Doesn't really sound that great. Is it anything like vegimite which is to say is it similar to driving a nail through your palate?

I believe its extremely similar! I used to love it, but more recently didn't.

Man, been emailing every agent I can find on google. Somethig's gotta give soon, right?? On a brighter note, got some good insight from an agent on Twitter. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"