It's time for some new shoes

I have a very high instep, so for boots I tend to wear Docs and for athletics I wear New Balance. For dress shoes I normally go to Johnston and Murphy.

dude, seriously .....

44054252_2.jpg

I have a few pairs that I own, but one that I usually wear to work, which I've been doing for the past few months. Now all of a sudden I look at them, and those bastards are splitting apart. :eek: I may have to start getting more than two pairs to wear to work, because I walk about a mile to and from my building everyday, so they're a little worse for wear. How often do you peeps purchase shoes?

May get some of these today. I'm all about the Skechers. :o

70416_BLK.jpg
Oh. My. God.

Those shoes are fabulous!
[/fey]

I have black Adidas superstars with orange stripes. I call it my peanut-butter shoes. I have never seen anyone with these kinds of kicks.

Adidas is NAHSE!

I'm a shoe head so I have way too many shoes for my own good. I've sold a lot of them but I still have a lot. Waaay to many AF1s, dunks and Nike SBs. I've sold all my Bape because they're ugly and way too expensive.

I think I've said too much.

I HATE shoe shopping... I only buy new shoes/boots if I absolutely have to.

Part of it is the wide foot issue. Yes, I'm a 6 1/2 wide. That's another part of it, the half size. Usually I end up buying a 7 because I can't find the 6 1/2 W. Then there's the whole style problem. When buying heels / dress shoes, I like closed toes, not open - hard to find. I also like something with arch support, harder to find (especially in dress shoes). Finally, I like something with a bit of tread under the toe or heel (so your shoes can grip on slippery floors) - also hard to find in a dress shoe for women. Frustrating, just plain frustrating.

For winter in Canada I want a boot that goes up my leg to a minimum of an inch below my knee, and I DON'T want a zipper in it (those always leak)... usually all I see are boots that don't meet those criteria or are ugly as all get out.

I currently have three pairs of shoes.

One pair of caterpillar boots.
Two pairs of Doc Martens.

Seriously, if you have those, you don't need other footwear. You just don't. Heck, I've worn my black DM's with a suit before, and they looked fine. I have nothing bad to say about DM's.

I actually decided to get these instead. They fit a little loose at first, but I've broken them in walking a mile down Michigan Ave. :o

skech182400_41823_jb.jpg

sketchers suck if you wanted nice shoes that are very comfortable for walking then you should have went with ecco's.

sketchers suck if you wanted nice shoes that are very comfortable for walking then you should have went with ecco's.

Nah, I'm not into Ecco stuff, man. Been with Skechers since college. They have enough variety for me.

Nah, I'm not into Ecco stuff, man. Been with Skechers since college. They have enough variety for me.

I use to buy Skechers until I tried on a pair of ecco's and they are a lot more comfortable. I own about 5 pair, I like the boots the best but for dress shoes my ecco's are about as comfortable as a pair of tennis shoes.

I have about 10 pairs of mostly dress shoes with different brands such as Brioni and Church. One thing I must say Church shoes are not very good quality with the leather wearing pretty quickly.

I also like Timberlands for walking.

By the way, you guys with wide feet you do know you can get custom made ski shoes for about $600-700 and they will last you for years.

I bought a pair of Clarks recently from Macy's that are bar-none the most comfortable pair of dress shoes right out of the box that I've ever had. They fit my extra wide feet very nicely and are very sharp looking.

And, AM, I'm about to the point that I'm going to have to break down and get some custom ski boots (I ski Alpine, not Nordic). My feet are just too wide for any of the standard sizes. Hurts like hell to try and wear regular ski boots and I haven't skii'd the last couple of years because of it (my feet have gotten even wider the last 2-3 years from doing heavy squats).

jag

I remember seeing a pair of Eccos in a Takken's Comfort Shoes store, thinking they looked nice and comfortable, and then nearly choking on my own saliva upon seeing the price tag.

MBTCBK_2.jpg

Chelsea boots are super comfy and they look really snazzy as well. I'd go to the Nordstrom Rack if you want a cheap pair.

Nike should remake the "The Terminator" sneakers...I loved those sneakers when I was a kid.

Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.

mahmagicshoesbr0.jpg

At the moment i have some

converse
chucks.jpg

etnies
KidsCinch_BKGN2.jpg

birkenstocks
birks.jpg

i wanna buy some circas
shoes_iaec1030026.jpg

ill buy any shoe with green on it :woot: :woot: :woot:

I have a few pairs that I own, but one that I usually wear to work, which I've been doing for the past few months. Now all of a sudden I look at them, and those bastards are splitting apart. :eek: I may have to start getting more than two pairs to wear to work, because I walk about a mile to and from my building everyday, so they're a little worse for wear. How often do you peeps purchase shoes?

May get some of these today. I'm all about the Skechers. :o

70416_BLK.jpg

Flossy, flossy.:o

I usually buy one pair a year, two if I see something I really like. I always get Vans though, the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"