I've just been mugged..

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
Well not now...about 30 minutes ago.

I'd just been to the cinema with friends and walked because it isnt that far away...about 25 minute walk. Coming home, friend called for a KFC. Walked down a street and it had a park at the side with 4 lads there. They asked us if we had 'rislers' or something like that. Think its to do with smoking. We said no and I said 'I dont smoke'.

Carried on and got to a track. I heard footsteps because it was gravel and they jumped us. One threw me to the floor but didnt kick me and another got my friend who was on a bike. They got £10 from him. I'd been to the cinema and spent up. £5 for a drink and minstrels! Glad i bought them now! One grabbed me and asked for my money. I dont know why but I was calm and told him I only had change. I got it out and gave him it and then he felt my other pocket for my phone but I wouldnt give him that. Then another came up with a phone. Must have been filming it. Then the one who had me punched me in the face. I fell to the floor, then got straight back up and ran off. They also ran off.

They only got about £1.50 in change. It was my first 'punch'. I'd never been punched before because I stay away from all that. My hand is bleeding from the gravel when i went down and my eye is starting to swell and hurt slightly...is a little puffed up and I think its bloodshot in the corner a little.

I'm at home and everyone is in bed so I dont want to wake them up. They will probably ask me why I have a black eye tomorrow. My mum will flip and want to take me to the police station or something but it wont do anything. It's only £1. 50 and I dont know who they are.

My friend was more shocked and suprised than me. he kept asking if I was alright and I just kept saying 'Yeah I'm fine'. I think the lad who punched me had taken drugs or something. He didnt seem 'all there'.

I keep thinking about 'what if I ducked and then punched him in the stomach' but it was dark and I could hardy see a thing. Its slightly wierd because we had just seen 'The Break Up' which isnt your usual chick flick. We usually walk home in a group but some were staying at a friend house so they went the other way. We'd been at the park last week and some wannabe bad boys came so we knew it was a bad place, its just we'd done it plenty of times before so we'd got used to it.

Just thought I'd post because typing it and telling others it helping me think about it. Has anyone else been mugged or punched for drugs or stupidly little amounts of change?

Its sad,you should tell the police.So this does not happen to anyone else,i can imagin it must have been tramadic,or has shaken you.Sit down,think,then do something.

sucks man, glad you're not hurt anymore than you are

Jourmugand said:
Its sad,you should tell the police.So this does not happen to anyone else,i can imagin it must have been tramadic,or has shaken you.Sit down,think,then do something.

telling the police isn't going to prevent from happening to anyone else

cool story, though...just be glad no one was seriously hurt :(

Wow :eek:,I'm really sorry that happened :( That sucks. :mad:

I've never been mugged or attacked. I've been tailed a few times by people that we're clearly up to trying something,but I suppose they thought better of it. :mad:

I don't wanna be rude, but why didn't you fight back? How many of you were there? You should have attempted to fight back and then run off.

Electrix said:
Well not now...about 30 minutes ago.

I'd just been to the cinema with friends and walked because it isnt that far away...about 25 minute walk. Coming home, friend called for a KFC. Walked down a street and it had a park at the side with 4 lads there. They asked us if we had 'rislers' or something like that. Think its to do with smoking. We said no and I said 'I dont smoke'.

Carried on and got to a track. I heard footsteps because it was gravel and they jumped us. One threw me to the floor but didnt kick me and another got my friend who was on a bike. They got £10 from him. I'd been to the cinema and spent up. £5 for a drink and minstrels! Glad i bought them now! One grabbed me and asked for my money. I dont know why but I was calm and told him I only had change. I got it out and gave him it and then he felt my other pocket for my phone but I wouldnt give him that. Then another came up with a phone. Must have been filming it. Then the one who had me punched me in the face. I fell to the floor, then got straight back up and ran off. They also ran off.

They only got about £1.50 in change. It was my first 'punch'. I'd never been punched before because I stay away from all that. My hand is bleeding from the gravel when i went down and my eye is starting to swell and hurt slightly...is a little puffed up and I think its bloodshot in the corner a little.

I'm at home and everyone is in bed so I dont want to wake them up. They will probably ask me why I have a black eye tomorrow. My mum will flip and want to take me to the police station or something but it wont do anything. It's only £1. 50 and I dont know who they are.

My friend was more shocked and suprised than me. he kept asking if I was alright and I just kept saying 'Yeah I'm fine'. I think the lad who punched me had taken drugs or something. He didnt seem 'all there'.

I keep thinking about 'what if I ducked and then punched him in the stomach' but it was dark and I could hardy see a thing. Its slightly wierd because we had just seen 'The Break Up' which isnt your usual chick flick. We usually walk home in a group but some were staying at a friend house so they went the other way. We'd been at the park last week and some wannabe bad boys came so we knew it was a bad place, its just we'd done it plenty of times before so we'd got used to it.

Just thought I'd post because typing it and telling others it helping me think about it. Has anyone else been mugged or punched for drugs or stupidly little amounts of change?

It needs reporting

- Whirly

That sucks bro. If they punched me, I would've got up and started fighting. I don't give a care if they have the numbers, I fight.

kainedamo said:
I don't wanna be rude, but why didn't you fight back? How many of you were there? You should have attempted to fight back and then run off.

Think about it now I wish I had but it was dark and it was just one of those things. I'd rather just give them the little change I had than get another punch.

I wish I went tazmanian devil on them and kicked their ass but I think most people in the situation would have given in.

Electrix said:
I'd been to the cinema and spent up. £5 for a drink and minstrels! Glad i bought them now!

What's a minstrel?

Yeah, kinda. My friend thought he was quite hard. So he decided to cheekily answer back someone in the middle of one of the roughest places in Scotland. The boy came all the way through the store and around to the side alley where we were and knocked seven shades of **** out of him. They took £15 off him. Serves him right for being so stupid. The last thing I told everybody I was with after we got off the bus was "Lads, remember and shut up alright"
U.S War Machine said:
How old were these punks
Ha ha. This Posh lad called my friend a punk. He laughed for about five minutes then proceeded to kick the posh lad in.

U.S War Machine said:
How old were these punks

I think they had left school about 3-4 years ago...I think about 19..18. Its sad they still roam streets and dont go find themself a job and have to get people younger than them.

They're going to beat you up anyway.

People mistakingly think that fighting back will make things worse. This is wrong. They are going to steal from you and they are going to hurt you anyway. The only chance that you have to avoid getting hurt is to fight back.

Sometimes (maybe often, muggers are cowards) if you give the appearance of "yeah... even try it and I will hurt you", they will think twice and just back off. It's worked for me.

Dew k. Mosi said:
What's a minstrel?

bag_minstrels_front_0405.jpg

CrypticOne said:
That sucks bro. If they punched me, I would've got up and started fighting. I don't give a care if they have the numbers, I fight.
Yeah, but he got away with some lost change and a punch, they probably would have stomped him half to death if he got all tough guy. It's not the movies, you can't beat up a group of people.

Unless you're Chuck Norris.

Electrix said:
I was going to buy a packet of them today but I bought a Twix and a Mars delight for my mum and sister. I cost me £1.50 :(

Sorry to hear that, it really sucks. It's good that you are alright though, that's important.

Electrix said:
I think they had left school about 3-4 years ago...I think about 19..18. Its sad they still roam streets and dont go find themself a job and have to get people younger than them.
Yeah I know what you mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"