The Amazing Spider-Man 2 J. Jonah Jameson

Agreed. Simmons was excellent in the role. Though I would like to see Garfield have his own JJ.

I feel like the Daily Bugle can serve some purpose in the film. We'll see though.

I think the Bugle will get skipped again. This doesn't bother me as I think we've had the perfect JJJ my disappointment is we haven't had a decent Robbie and this is no slight on the actor, Raimi just decided to give screen time to his brother rather than give that screen time to Robbie. There is a scene where Robbie says to Pete 'I heard Spider-Man was there' and gives him a 'I know who you are look' and that was more interesting to be than every single Hoffman scene (what a superfluous character that was).

If they want to feature Spidey's impact on the world like they implied in TASM (with the inclusion of the police and the graffiti and Flash's t-shirt), they need the Bugle sooner than later. And in a far more organic role than in SM1-3.

If they want to feature Spidey's impact on the world like they implied in TASM (with the inclusion of the police and the graffiti and Flash's t-shirt), they need the Bugle sooner than later. And in a far more organic role than in SM1-3.

The theme of this trilogy (you'd have to assume) is genetics so I'd rather they concentrated on that so I want the lion's share of the movie to be split between Oscorp and highschool/college. I also wouldn't mind seeing the police' role beefed up seeing as the captain died going after Spider-Man.

I ain't talking themes. And instead of beefing up the police's role and bringing it even closer to the TDK trilogy, going the journalism way is the best option to give this trilogy its unique character.

I would hate it if JK returned to the role. If JJ is used in Webbs films (most likely will be), he will be nothing like the JJ in the Raimi films.

So even though you loved JK and his JJ, I see this JJ being more serious and less over the top like he was in the Raimi films (btw, I loved JK. But I want someone new)

I would love it if either Laurie or Cranston where cast.

I ain't talking themes. And instead of beefing up the police's role and bringing it even closer to the TDK trilogy, going the journalism way is the best option to give this trilogy its unique character.

Playing up the police would be unique to this film series of Spier-Man. We barely saw the police in the previous film have any real beef with spidey. Seeing the police shoot at him in TASM was awesome. I loved it. I hope they do it again. And having the bugle in it building up his 'infamous' status would only add to it :)

Last edited:
I don't know, I can't see them NOT introducing the Daily Bugle. Its such an important part of the Spider-Man franchise.

The Bugle already was introduced. We saw a copy of the paper itself in TASM.

With Rhino, Electro, Mary Jane, Harry, continuing the untold story (hopefully), and presumably setting up for Gwen's death, maybe we should wait on Peter getting a job. I love Jonah and the Bugle as much as the next Spidey fan, but the series should work to separate itself from the Raimi trilogy. We can have the negative opinion of Spidey come straight from the citizens of New York, and that way it seems more like the city doesn't like him as opposed to some newspaper guy who seems to be in the minority.
The thing about these kinds of movies is that with gaps in time between the two, it can establish Peter already having a job with the Bugle. It doesn't have to be anything major to include into the story, and such a small element wouldn't take away from things that are important to the story and it's sequels.

I would hate it if JK returned to the role. If JJ is used in Webbs films (most likely will be), he will be nothing like the JJ in the Raimi films.

So even though you loved JK and his JJ, I see this JJ being more serious and less over the top like he was in the Raimi films (btw, I loved JK. But I want someone new)

Yeah, if JK did come back it would be similar to the way the recent James Bond movies used the same 'M' actress Judi Dench in both Pierce Bronsan and Daniel Craig films. Same actress, but different attitude and personality due to the more serious, grounded feel of Craig's films.

JK can't be over the top in the new films if he returns, and certain characters like Hoffman and Peter's neighbours would feel out of place in this universe. It's like trying to insert Tommy Lee Jones version of Two-Face into The Dark Knight.

Please, I'd like to see a non cartoony over-the-top comic relief man-child in JJJ. Someone who actual seems like he owns the Daily Bugle, perhaps more than just a one dimensional character who's a bit more serious in his mannerism.

I would love it if either Laurie or Cranston where cast.

Playing up the police would be unique to this film series of Spier-Man. We barely saw the police in the previous film have any real beef with spidey. Seeing the police shoot at him in TASM was awesome. I loved it. I hope they do it again. And having the bugle in it building up his 'infamous' status would only add to it :)

The shot where the police shots at Spidey point blank and he dodges the bullets literally gave me chills. More police would make me very happy, save The Bugle for another movie.

The Bugle would be perfect for a Spidey TV series with an episodic structure, there is too much ground to cover in the new Spidey universe to introduce a whole crew of supporting cast for the Bugle.

The shot where the police shots at Spidey point blank and he dodges the bullets literally gave me chills. More police would make me very happy, save The Bugle for another movie.

The Bugle would be perfect for a Spidey TV series with an episodic structure, there is too much ground to cover in the new Spidey universe to introduce a whole crew of supporting cast for the Bugle.

I think the bugle would be great to convey the hate towards spidey. And it helps push the police agenda to get rid of him. I do agree, more police would be sweet. One of the sweetest parts of TASM.

Speaking of a spidey TV show, I hope it's not bog standard episodic. I like shows that follow an overall story arc :)

I think the bugle would be great to convey the hate towards spidey. And it helps push the police agenda to get rid of him. I do agree, more police would be sweet. One of the sweetest parts of TASM.

Speaking of a spidey TV show, I hope it's not bog standard episodic. I like shows that follow an overall story arc :)

I don't think we'll see a Spidey TV show anytime soon as;
A) The eposides would cost a fortune to make
B) The series would dilute the impact of the movie i.e. if the TV series is on why bother going to see the movie.

That said, a TV series between ASM 2 and 3 would be perfect because I think there is going to be a 3 year gap so a season of Spidey in that time good timing.

The Thing with J.K. Simmons was that he was just too perfect for the Role and I really don't think anybody could do better. However I do think he should not be in this latest Spider-man Movie trilogy. Hugh Laurie could be a good choice IDK I really wasn't a fan of his on House though.

For me... JJ is a BIG set of shoes to fill. When I look at J.K. Simmons as Jameson... it's DESTINY inside casting. He was the perfect JJ for me and it will be hard to see someone else take over the role.

I'm honestly still curious if they're throwing everyone off with the Rhino thing and Giamatti might be Jameson, which is very good casting!

If Simmons came back and was never announced until people ACTUALLY saw him in theaters... we'd ALL be happy campers. :woot:

I personally wouldn't be a happy camper. Casting JK Simmons again would be as bad in the same way as those criticizing the new suit for being a Raimi rip-off.

First of all i would not be a happy camper at all. Say what you want about the new suit being similar to Raimis(even though I personally would argue it is just a very faithful suit to the comic design specifically Bagleys Ultimate Spider man) however it seems like Webb is attempting to create his own broad Spidey universe. Having Simmons back kind of puts a wrench in that. Doe not fit witj the tone, and would take you out of the film imo

Any one know who Colm Feore is playing? perhaps JJJ?
My first choice is Sam Elliott though.

For me... JJ is a BIG set of shoes to fill. When I look at J.K. Simmons as Jameson... it's DESTINY inside casting. He was the perfect JJ for me and it will be hard to see someone else take over the role.

I'm honestly still curious if they're throwing everyone off with the Rhino thing and Giamatti might be Jameson, which is very good casting!

If Simmons came back and was never announced until people ACTUALLY saw him in theaters... we'd ALL be happy campers. :woot:
For me, they're little shoes to fill. Anyone can do an over-the-top and cartoonish JJJ. I'd like to see a bit more realistic portrayal of an editor of the Daily Bugle, who feels like a real person. Mean and bossy, with no comic relief. I don't like Simmons' JJJ much like I don't like Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/IronMan or Lex Luthor in Superman/Returns, too unrealistic for a person in a powerful position, not to mention, I'm not keen on the comic relief format of acting for major characters in a comic book film--unless it's a character who suppose to have a big sense of humor complex.

Last edited:
For me, they're little shoes to fill. Anyone can do an over-the-top and cartoonish JJJ. I'd like to see a bit more realistic portrayal of an editor of the Daily Bugle, who feels like a real person. Mean and bossy, with no comic relief. I don't like Simmons' JJJ much like I don't like Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/IronMan or Lex Luthor in Superman/Returns, too unrealistic for a person in a powerful position, not to mention, I'm not keen on the comic relief format of acting for major characters in a comic book film--unless it's a character who suppose to have a big sense of humor complex.

You don't like RDJ? Whoa. Personally I think he is the greatest comic translation put to screen, I include Reeve's Superman and Ledgers Joker. The guy is like the SUN and makes everyone else he plays against seem mediocre in comparison. I pity the actor who plays IM after Downey tires of the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"