Boba Fett James Mangold to write/direct Boba Fett Movie

I'm pretty sure Kennedy was involved with the space-leia scene.

Based on what, exactly?

From what we know she was way more hands-on with shaping TFA than she was with TLJ.

They need to call this movie Fett Life.

I blame Disney for insisting on the May release date, as well as them green lighting the increased spending for the reshoots.

They should've just let Lord and Miller finish the movie and make due.

Yep. There's no way their version of the movie would've performed worse than Howard's, and it certainly would've been more cost effective. It may have even been a better overall.

The source is ABC, a Disney-owned subsidiary. Also, that article doesn't even mention Boba Fett, a film Lucasfilm never even officially announced.

The source is ABC, a Disney-owned subsidiary. Also, that article doesn't even mention Boba Fett, a film Lucasfilm never even officially announced.

Are you debunking the debunking?

Why would the fact that ABC is a part of Disney mean the debunking isn't true? What has not mentioning Boba Felt got to do with it?

I think the ABC article Mandon Knight quoted only debunked the earlier report about "stand-alone Star Wars movies (namely, Obi-Wan movie which has never been officially announced) on hold". Considering it's from ABC and can be considered coming straight from Lucasfilm itself, they don't need to say that all rumored movies are in production to "properly" debunk the earlier "on hold" report.

If ABC even mentions Boba Fett movie, Lucasfilm might just as well officially announce it themselves.

Ya know DC under WB being a giant mess I expect at this point but star wars under the mouse is more shocking in terms of the mess going on currently. They honestly need to just releaseepisode 9 then wait a month to see what the overall reception is and go from there with ethier keeping kennedy around or moving on with a different producer. I think a star wars movie every year in december could easiy work but they completly botched it

Ya know DC under WB being a giant mess I expect at this point but star wars under the mouse is more shocking in terms of the mess going on currently. They honestly need to just releaseepisode 9 then wait a month to see what the overall reception is and go from there with ethier keeping kennedy around or moving on with a different producer. I think a star wars movie every year in december could easiy work but they completly botched it

They've already renewed Kennedy for three more years, so it's a given that they'll be keeping her.

I'll only believe James Mangold's Boba Fett movie actually happens when James Mangold actually finishes post-production of the Boba Fett movie.

lmao I called it back in May.

Though at the time I expected for Mangold to be fired and there’s director change again, not that the movie is scrapped altogether.

I think it's for the best. I get that Boba Fett is a fan favorite, but doing a whole movie about him -- while I'd want to see it -- runs the risk of becoming too much fan service.

The Mandalorian allows them to introduce a new character and they can write him as they wish.

You mean like when it was supposed to be terminated when people speculated that she was going to be fired?

Yeah, no dice. I'm not Kennedy's biggest fan, but she's not going anywhere.

Everyone was beating the drum based on a faulty report from Grace Randolph, and now they are trying to beat the drum that the report was wrong. Time to move on. She's staying where she is.

I think it's for the best. I get that Boba Fett is a fan favorite, but doing a whole movie about him -- while I'd want to see it -- runs the risk of becoming too much fan service.

The Mandalorian allows them to introduce a new character and they can write him as they wish.

I think as long as they kept the budget down a Boba Fett movie could have been great and something a bit different. But the way things are going not surprised this is now dead.

It's no surprise to me that the project was dead. It seems pretty clear, from all indications from Iger and Kennedy, after Nine , they're moving on from the OT characters in terms of live action films, and moving towards new characters and stories with the Mandalorian tv show, the B&W films, and the Johnson Trilogy.

Much as Mangold's about as perfect a director for this as I can even imagine, besides Johnston, yeah, not too bummed out here. We got a healthy dose of "western" vibes in Solo, and we sure as hell will with The Mandalorian. A Boba story in addition to an actual-Mandalorian-guy story is a little much.

Hopefully they move James onto something else though, I really want him to get a shot at something Lucasfilm in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"