James Marsters The Savior Of Dragonball!!!

no offense to the Kid, but he's been extremely optimistic about this movie. i think he was exaggerating when he said that Chatwin is an ardent fan. the only thing we've seen Chatwin give any kind of interview was when they were doing the launch party in Mexico when he was surrounded by a bunch of people with recording devices in his face. he mentioned how (almost verbatim) Goku is an important character to get right because he's in a cartoon that a lot of kids watch.

the movie is still a year away, so i wouldn't expect any of the actors or actresses to start promoting or talking about it...but James Marsters is the only one that makes appearances that make it into the net. he's the only one doing interviews that gets the fans pumped up. i'm not saying that the rest of the crew aren't fans and i'm sure if you'd ask them, they'd say they were.......but actions speak louder than words and Marsters is the only one, so far, proving to us that he is indeed a fan of Dragon Ball.
I think Marsters has a genuine enthusiasm for the source material because of the remarks that he’s made recently and how he said that he watched Dragonball with his son religiously in a talk at a convention which took place several years before he was even cast as Piccolo in the Wong adaptation. The other members of the cast being purported to have been “fans” is, as far as I can tell, probably just an invention of Fox’s PR machine. Whenever a big studio draws up a contract for an actor being cast in one of their movies, they always put something in the contract which mandates the actor to make appearances on all the media outlets and exhort to them the profound virtues of the movie at hand, no matter if that movie is the next cinematic masterwork or complete dreck.

marsters is obviously the only one i could see on these boards. he a true fan. the others could probably care less. it's money and an acting job

that's pretty much how i feel, Hump. it feels like everyone else is just tagging along for the ride while Marsters is there for the experience. if they were all in a DB themed car, he'd be the one driving.

that's pretty much how i feel, Hump. it feels like everyone else is just tagging along for the ride while Marsters is there for the experience. if they were all in a DB themed car, he'd be the one driving.

In all fairness to them, have we really heard much from anybody outside of Marsters?

no offense to the Kid, but he's been extremely optimistic about this movie. i think he was exaggerating when he said that Chatwin is an ardent fan. the only thing we've seen Chatwin give any kind of interview was when they were doing the launch party in Mexico when he was surrounded by a bunch of people with recording devices in his face. he mentioned how (almost verbatim) Goku is an important character to get right because he's in a cartoon that a lot of kids watch.

the movie is still a year away, so i wouldn't expect any of the actors or actresses to start promoting or talking about it...but James Marsters is the only one that makes appearances that make it into the net. he's the only one doing interviews that gets the fans pumped up. i'm not saying that the rest of the crew aren't fans and i'm sure if you'd ask them, they'd say they were.......but actions speak louder than words and Marsters is the only one, so far, proving to us that he is indeed a fan of Dragon Ball.

Give me a break. I've said how "cautiously optimistic" I was months ago.

I honestly expect them to screw this up hardcore but a few things have to make the most pessimistic sob perk up in the pants some: The talent involved. Jackson Spidel's videos are amazing. Joon Park will nail Yamcha. Marsters, nuff said. Chatwin is a good actor, looks like goku, and knows he's got a lot of responsibility. Jamie Chung's sporting cleavage. So there's plenty of ground to stand on here when getting excited for this movie.

Conversely there's the potential for fox to butcher the movie in the editing room and go cheap on the fx, so it'd be dumb to blindly gush over it at this point.

I honestly expect them to screw this up hardcore but a few things have to make the most pessimistic sob perk up in the pants some: The talent involved. Jackson Spidel's videos are amazing. Joon Park will nail Yamcha. Marsters, nuff said. Chatwin is a good actor, looks like goku, and knows he's got a lot of responsibility. Jamie Chung's sporting cleavage. So there's plenty of ground to stand on here when getting excited for this movie.

Conversely there's the potential for fox to butcher the movie in the editing room and go cheap on the fx, so it'd be dumb to blindly gush over it at this point.

I couldn't agree more, but Dorky is going to argue against this one till he dies.

nice
icon14.gif

we also have emmy :)
i love her man
and i didnt even know she existed before i knew she was playing bulma lol

but yeah, fox can screw this up badly if they dont give enough $$$ to fx

Based on how much of a film is based on its post production, and that this film has a good amount of time between it's completion in filming and release, I think it's safe to say that post production will make or break this film.

I couldn't agree more, but Dorky is going to argue against this one till he dies.

I know. I sometimes wonder if it's an act but then I read prettymuch the same thing from everyone outside this site regarding this movie. I have to say it's definitely not the handful of people looking forward to this movie that are the ones suppressing any dissent.

I know. I sometimes wonder if it's an act but then I read prettymuch the same thing from everyone outside this site regarding this movie. I have to say it's definitely not the handful of people looking forward to this movie that are the ones suppressing any dissent.

Maybe people take on the pessimistic view because they want to be pleasantly surprised.

i think that's exactly what it is. no one wants to get their hopes up only to be crushed. on the opposite end, if they think it will bomb...how will it feel to them if it is a great movie. they will be extremely happy

yeah, im also starting to believe thats the case for most of the pessimistic dudes out there

and i think they will be pleasantly surprised :p

i think so too...i havent given up hope

i hope these fights scenes arnt like the movies of stephan chow
hes only a advicer of james wong and not the producer dont forget that people

I agree Joon Park IS Yamcha. Perfect casting.

In fact, this movie has a ton of perfect casting....

James Marsters, Joon Park, Randall Duk Kim, Chow Yun-Fat, Eriko Tamura, and maybe even Emmy Rossum.

ok still but they forget the mainpart; goku..?
dont get me wrong i like justin chatwin to play goku but hes deifinitly not the PERFECT casting

ok still but they forget the mainpart; goku..?
dont get me wrong i like justin chatwin to play goku but hes deifinitly not the PERFECT casting

he didnt mention chatwin as a part of the perfect casting

i wouldnt say perfect either, but very good casting to say the least
chatwin is the biggest question mark, but he is a good actor, and i cant think of someone who resembles goku better than him, so im hopefull that he can pull it off

who would you say would be better than chatwin to play goku??

Nice new avatar Crash. :D

thanks man! someone really cool gave it to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"