Swamp Thing James Wan is bringing Swamp Thing to DC's streaming service!

The thing you have to remember, with Warner, you have a situation of fiefdoms vying against each other.

As for the CW shows, not everything has to be prestige TV.
Marvel seems to be going prestige TV with their Disney+ shows, so it's just disappointing to see DC doubling down on the CW. If Doom Patrol's not renewed it'll be one prestige DC show (Watchmen) compared to like 6 to 7 prestige Marvel ones.

WarnerMedia greenlighting expensive shows based on Watchmen and Dune seems to be case of them throwing away their money as i feel those shows won't have wide appeal.

Swamp Thing was such a great property to develop into a series but they are interested in making shows that no one's asking, smh.

WarnerMedia greenlighting expensive shoes based on Watchmen and Dune seems to be case of them throwing away their money as i feel those shows won't have wide appeal.

Swamp Thing was such a great property to develop into a series but they are interested in making shows that no one's asking, smh.
I'm ok with big budget Watchmen since I loved Lindelof's last show. It seems like HBO did too, since they specifically asked him for the project.
That said, no way it's the next GoT. Leftovers was very esoteric, and the viewership figures were pretty low, even with the acclaim. With Dune it seems like they want it to be their Star Wars, and even though it'll likely be better than all the Disney Star Wars films (Denis V is incredible), it'll struggle to make more than Solo.
Shame on Swamp Thing, the 2 episodes so far were really, really fun (with great production values).

I agree.

They are really too formulaic as well.

In a time when television is getting really creative and the writing is some of the best it's ever been on television it stands out just how dull and predictable the CW DC shows can be at times.

Legends Of Tomorrow says hi. Granted the second half of the past season was a bit of a mess.

And Supergirl just had the best Lex Luthor on tv or film ever.

Enjoyed episode 3, still a bit bummed that this show remains cancelled. Fools at WB. Speaking if the DCCW shows though, I do wonder how much better they’d all be if they each had 10-12 episodes instead of 22-odd.

Arrow is wrapping next season, Legends probably hasn’t got many seasons left with it (as much as I enjoy it), and honestly, I think Black Lightning will end up with a slightly limited run. Batwoman (a character nobody really wants) is coming, and I’d be surprised if Melissa sticks around after her contract wraps.

The future should be in shows like Swampthing, Krypton and similar shows. I enjoy Titans, somewhat more than Doom Patrol, but there’s gotta be a future outside the CW shows.

Disney/Marvel are probably having a hardy laugh at the drama WB/DC are doing to themselves with their failed Superman/Batman movies and the streaming service.
:hehe:

Swamp Thing episodes 1 and 2 were excellent.
Nice atmosphere. Good effects. Decent acting.
And Swampy himself looks awesome.

Third episode was good stuff. Swampy actually speaking this time was a real treat to watch. The more I see of Swamp Thing, the more excited I get but also the more frustrated I get with WB.

Swamp Thing's design/voice is great stuff. The production value for this show is crazy, I love how fluid the camera is. Some of the crane shots in this look more expensive than whole seasons of CW's Flash.

Yeah seeing Swamp Thing talk was pretty dope. Derek Mears really has talent when it comes to him physically embodying certain characters. I still believe his Jason Voorhees from the 2009 Friday The 13th remake was seriously badass even if I didn't think the movie itself was all that great. Also, as it has already been said before the amount of effort that went into the production value of this show is just incredible. The stuff with the bugs in this episode was damn nasty and effective even though it was entirely CGI enhanced.

Another good episode. I agree, effects on the bugs were wild. Swamp Thing talking was pretty awesome as well!

Enjoyed the third episode as well. It doesn't drag and you barely notice 1-hour length.

Enjoyed episode 3, still a bit bummed that this show remains cancelled. Fools at WB. Speaking if the DCCW shows though, I do wonder how much better they’d all be if they each had 10-12 episodes instead of 22-odd.

Arrow is wrapping next season, Legends probably hasn’t got many seasons left with it (as much as I enjoy it), and honestly, I think Black Lightning will end up with a slightly limited run. Batwoman (a character nobody really wants) is coming, and I’d be surprised if Melissa sticks around after her contract wraps.

The future should be in shows like Swampthing, Krypton and similar shows. I enjoy Titans, somewhat more than Doom Patrol, but there’s gotta be a future outside the CW shows.

I think Supergirl has longer potential future. That show is more defined by the adversaries vs Supergirl rather than the character arc(s) of the main character(s). I think there's more to be seen with Supergirl than the other shows.

Yeah, every episode I just get more and more pissed that we're only getting a single season. Now, I don't know squat about Blue Devil. What all is going on with him at the end of the episode? Anybody know?

Swampy’s voice is perfect. I’ve realized this is the only DC show I’ve ever had the urge to repeatedly rewatch every week. Every episode is not just compelling and entertaining, but also highly rewatchable. And every week I get a little bit sadder that we’re closer to the end.

Have you guys watched the interview Collider did with Derek Mears? I'm the interview he's says that he doesn't know why the show was cancelled and that they were being told people loved (I think that's the word he used) what they were seeing. Check it out of you haven't yet lots of great stuff in the interview.

Wow the first 10 minutes of this 4th episode was absolute insanity. I love the fact that they aren't shying away from the body horror elements in this show. For some reason I keep thinking they can't possibly top the last gory and disgusting death to happen, but nope they just love to prove me wrong lol. Really cool seeing Swamp Thing and Abby interact more as well.

Unsurprisingly dug this episode too. Wow, Derek Mears is really good as Swamp Thing and that suit is just incredible - especially for TV. Really digging Will Patton's turn as Avery too, he's a lot of fun whenever he's on screen. God damn it, why did this show - of all the DC shows on the air - have to die.

Another great episode. Those first 10 minutes were the first time the gore in the show got to me. Very effective. Abby and Alec's relationship is so natural, I love it. Also, did we just meet Anton Arcane in Abby's vision? If so, dude's got an appropriately creepy voice, lol.

The show is perfect. Swamp Thing itself (himself) feels and looks terrific. He's always been an idol of mine.

Too bad they changed his origins. I didn't like this new "incident" so much, quite frankly.

MMmmm by the way... did Abby stumble upon Alec's original body (totally ripped apart), after the incident... some moments before Swamp Thing would rise from the waters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"