Sequels Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Slushy

Superhero
Reaction score
Rumor has it according to several media outlets. Never cared for Electro myself. Even Shocker was a better villain.

I hope Electro is in pure electricity form.

That'd e cool, but maybe too much like static shock lol

Booo, green and yellow spandex with the giant yellow star mask or nothing!
It works in the comic books made about 50 years ago, but not in a movie. I assume we will get the Ultimate Version look (or possibly the design from the 2003 animated series with Neil Patrick Harris).

Hopefully he will look like the concept art that they were thinking of.
8E15AA5E-6A9D-41D0-B606-D9DC319CF43E-5885-00000A718379D02A.jpg

I'd like a TRON costume throughout the film and in the final battle pure electricity form.

Jamie Foxx is Norman Osbourne (and all the Electro news is a ruse). Any takers?

Jamie Foxx will not be Norman Osborn. Not even a question.

Lets say Jaime fox is going to play electro.....then who was the man in Connors cell in the mid credits scene after first movie? The guy was white. IF they make that guy have been electro and cast fox as electro for movie, I feel that be a huge detailed flaw to let happen in my opinion. Nothing against fox or a black actor doing the part of a white character from the comics....it would just bother me that that mid scene character who was clearly white would then be black in next film. Hard for me to let that go if it would happen.

Lets say Jaime fox is going to play electro.....then who was the man in Connors cell in the mid credits scene after first movie? The guy was white. IF they make that guy have been electro and cast fox as electro for movie, I feel that be a huge detailed flaw to let happen in my opinion. Nothing against fox or a black actor doing the part of a white character from the comics....it would just bother me that that mid scene character who was clearly white would then be black in next film. Hard for me to let that go if it would happen.

The man in Connor's cell is NOT Electro. That actor is Michael Massee, and although it has been denied by Rhys Ifans, is most likely Norman Osborn. I can guarantee you that whoever that character is supposed to be will be different for the role that Jamie Foxx could be playing.

It seemed like the guy in Conner's cell was Electro, since he came with the lighting and thunder. I wonder if he's the guy that killed Peter's parents in this version.

that was very weak speculation at best (just cause there was lightning in the back ground) its call dramatic affect...

plus it doesn't really make since for him to be connected to Connors or Peters father

I am still not 100% convinced its Norman either

The guy in the cell is not electro. The thunder and lightning seem like they were there for dramatic effect.

It seemed like the guy in Conner's cell was Electro, since he came with the lighting and thunder. I wonder if he's the guy that killed Peter's parents in this version.

that was very weak speculation at best (just cause there was lightning in the back ground) its call dramatic affect...

plus it doesn't really make since for him to be connected to Connors or Peters father

I am still not 100% convinced its Norman either
I'm 99% convinced it is him. Take another look at Michael Massee and say it isn't Norman.

we don't even know if their keeping Michael Massee in the role, or if he was just a stand in (cause they didn't have the role officially cast, yet) I mean, we barely saw his face

Last edited:
we don't even know if their keeping Michael Massee in the role, or if he was just stand in (cause their didn't have the role officially cast, yet) I mean, we barely saw his face
We will find out soon enough (within the next couple of months) if Masse is coming back, and who the man in the shadows is. I doubt they got an actor like him just to be a "stand in."

Any of you actually read the article? Nowhere does it say he dressed up for the studio. It's Halloween. Everyone can dress up as anyone they like. So he tweeted that he was Electro for Halloween, and that means he'll be playing the character? :whatever:

Last edited:
Any of you actually read the article? Nowhere does it say he dressed up for the studio. It's Halloween. Everyone can dress up as anyone they like. So he tweeted that he was Electro for Halloween, and that means he'll be playing the character? :whatever:
Considering he was in talks to be in the next film, he happened to dress up as Electro, and Marc Webb referred to him as "electrifying," there is a reason as to why we all think he could be Electro. Once again, we know nothing is confirmed, but its speculation at this point.

Considering he was in talks to be in the next film, he happened to dress up as Electro, and Marc Webb referred to him as "electrifying," there is a reason as to why we all think he could be Electro. Once again, we know nothing is confirmed, but its speculation at this point.

The Official Facebook page also posted a picture of his tweet with the caption 'Electro, interesting choice...'. That was the thing that first piqued my suspicions anyway.

If production starts in February, we should find out by next month or so. We still need to know:

-If Jamie Foxx is Electro
-If Michael Masse is returning, and if he is playing Norman Osborn
-If Jameson is going to make an appearance, and who would be playing him
-If Rhys Ifans is coming back as Dr. Connors
-If Dr. Ratha's character is really dead or not, since that deleted lab scene technically "never happened"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"