Jason Bourne

Wow I just looked up the box office for this.
Domestically it's probably going to barely beat The Bourne SUpremacy. They really shouldve kept this dead.

yeah doesnt matter because it only cost a 120 mill to make its still gonna turn a profit so they might make another

It's the devastating cocktail of shakycam and 3D. Not just the latter. I'm so glad the audience at large, both domestically and world wide, are rejecting this long worn out fad.

AFAIC, having never seen the previous movies, I found it enjoyable.

The 3D trend has died. I don't know why it still happens. I don't know why you would want to render a movie like Jason Bourne in 3D.

I mean Pete's Dragon too. The 3D did nothing for that movie, especially with it's rather murky color palette.

A part of me wishes they just ended it with Ultimatum and never made a follow-up. Legacy was a disaster waiting to happen and that's just what it ended up being to the franchise. An embarrassment. Hollywood can never quit while it's ahead.

Like how often does it happen that you have sequels getting better each time and a third movie in a franchise being that good? It's almost unprecedented.

The thing about the Bourne movies is that their stories always had a tight focus. And even Legacy had a tight focus despite being anticlimactic and weak on the action directing front. This one didn't have a tight focus.

I liked it, specially the ending.

Also Whats up with Vikander's skin? it's so weird to look at.

Release date and special features for ‘Jason Bourne’ Blu-Ray:

http://heroichollywood.com/release-date-and-special-features-for-jason-bourne-blu-ray-revealed/

The latest film in the Bourne franchise will be out in Digital HD Nov. 15. it will then come out in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray, DVD and On Demand on Dec. 6. Along with the expected special features, Universal revealed there will also be a behind-the-scenes featurette starring Bourne’s stunts. Check out the full list of special features below:

BONUS FEATURES on 4K ULTRA HDTM, BLU-RAY™, DVD

Bringing Back Bourne – Matt Damon and Director Paul Greengrass discuss how they brought a beloved character back to the big screen.

Bourne to Fight – A behind-the-scenes look at the fight sequences in Jason Bourne.

Bare-Knuckle Boxing – Matt Damon discusses his love for boxing and how he prepared for the bare-knuckle fight sequences.

Close Quarters – A behind-the-scenes look at the brutal fight between Jason Bourne and Christian Dassault.

Underground Rumble – Matt Damon, Vincent Cassel, and fight coordinator Roger Yuan discuss how they staged Bourne’s final showdown with The Asset.

The Athens Escape – Matt Damon, stunt coordinator Gary Powell and second unit director Simon Crane discuss the challenges of shooting a chase sequence through cramped city streets.

Las Vegas Showdown – For the final act of Jason Bourne, filmmakers wanted something bigger and bolder than ever before. Here’s an inside look at how they pulled it off.

Convention Chaos – Join the cast and crew on location in Las Vegas as they film the final act of Jason Bourne.

Shutting Down the Strip – A behind-the-scenes look at one of the wildest car chases in Bourne history.

The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD™ in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD with UltraViolet. The 4K Ultra HD™ will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray™ disc.

4K Ultra HD™ is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HDTM features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.

Jason Bourne features DTS:X® and DTS Headphone:X™ immersive audio technologies that replicate and convey the fluid movement of sound to create a richer experience than previously possible by moving sound to precisely where the mixer placed it.

I'll be picking this up! It wasn't perfect but damn entertaining and a good fourth chapter in the series. If this was the final one I am satisfied with how this ended.

I don't know I"m not in the studio.
With the push they did probably almost 100 mill. That's just my guess.

I was reading somewhere that usually with a blockbuster they'll spend almost as much marketing it as they do making it.

So for discussion's sake, they spend 100 mill. $120 production budget, again reportedly, with another $100 mill for marketing. $220 total. About 398 mill grossed. Not bad at all, but again you have to factor in that:
1) the franchise is on a decline. Domestically this is the lowest grossing movie with Damon since The Bourne Identity. Internationally this made the most, but studios don't get as much from overseas as they do domestic.
2) Damon, Greengrass, etc. rates are only going to go higher, so the next budget will go up.
3) Lukewarm reception to the film in general

I dont see why they would make a sequel to this when it doesnt seem like audiences want to see Bourne that bad. It's not a definite that they won't but I wouldnt be surprised if this is the last we see of Bourne at least until a...reboot 10 or so years from now

Thanks for the breakdown.
If they make another, I will see it.
I enjoyed all four films.
But the fourth one didn't really have to be made.
Ultimatum finished the story.

I don't know I"m not in the studio.
With the push they did probably almost 100 mill. That's just my guess.

I was reading somewhere that usually with a blockbuster they'll spend almost as much marketing it as they do making it.

So for discussion's sake, they spend 100 mill. $120 production budget, again reportedly, with another $100 mill for marketing. $220 total. About 398 mill grossed. Not bad at all, but again you have to factor in that:
1) the franchise is on a decline. Domestically this is the lowest grossing movie with Damon since The Bourne Identity. Internationally this made the most, but studios don't get as much from overseas as they do domestic.
2) Damon, Greengrass, etc. rates are only going to go higher, so the next budget will go up.
3) Lukewarm reception to the film in general

I dont see why they would make a sequel to this when it doesnt seem like audiences want to see Bourne that bad. It's not a definite that they won't but I wouldnt be surprised if this is the last we see of Bourne at least until a...reboot 10 or so years from now
i think the release date hurt it also it had to compete with star trek and they both hurt each others box office

The release date was fine. Most people thought the movie wasnt that good and the whole box office is on the decline.

I was watching it again tonight on Blu Ray, I maintain that I think people were way too harsh on this and this is a strong, entertaining film. Yes, it is NOT as good as the original trilogy films but it's still a GOOD movie in its own right. Strong performances from the cast, kick ass direction from Greengrass (only he can make a scene of someone typing at a computer intense), great chase sequences, straightforward story which is very relevant today, a relentless pulse pounding score from John Powell. I just think this is a really solid action film. I think this movie is a casualty of high expectations and having such high caliber preceding installments that a lot of people saw this as a letdown instead of really judging the film on its own merits.

It just felt good to have the original Bourne back and I'm perfectly fine with ending the franchise here with the way the movie ended. In fact, I prefer this ending to Ultimatum's swimming away ending. I like that Bourne essentially sent the CIA a message pretty much saying "look, I will ALWAYS be two steps ahead of you, so you can't two time me. Don't f*** with me and I wont f*** with you. Just leave me alone." I think thats a solid way to cap the series.

Just my two cents.

I thought this movie was awesome. I enjoyed every minute of it. The ending was a classic Jason Bourne moment and a solid note to end on. I'm definitely up for more installments.

I also loved the Easter Egg/reference to Bourne Legacy with Outcome listed in the program files.

I didn't enjoy it as much on re-watch but I was tired last night so that could be a factor. I agree with the sentiment people were way too harsh on it though, I do think it's a good action movie and I agree it ended the series better than Ultimatum did.

Nah, this film just wasn't as good as the first 3. It lacked excitement and felt lazy.

I liked it. There were a few way too convenient plot points and such, but I still found it to be a kickass movie. Much better than the crapfest that Legacy was, ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"