Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

He was the soldier with PTSD in the first season and by far the show's worst subplot.

First season of which show? Jessica Jones or Punisher?

Are you talking about the guy who was eating out Trish Walker and then got overdosed with those steroid-like drugs?

Who's the Asian guy? Is he Malus or somebody working for him?

Could the “monster” on the street be the actress who hasn’t appeared yet? The one we think could possibly be playing Typhoid Mary (theres a lot of fire in this and her powers are partially pyrokinisis).

Are you talking about the guy who was eating out Trish Walker and then got overdosed with those steroid-like drugs?

Is he coming back? He was nowhere in the trailers.

Could the “monster” on the street be the actress who hasn’t appeared yet? The one we think could possibly be playing Typhoid Mary (theres a lot of fire in this and her powers are partially pyrokinisis).

Is he coming back? He was nowhere in the trailers.

I have a strong feeling that Will Simpson will be returning in season 2. Wil Travel's recent Twitter activity seems to be suggesting that. Most likely, Marvel has been keeping Simpson under wraps, and how they handle revealing him will be in one of a few ways. For instance:

1. He's kept a complete secret up until release date, much like Vincent D'Onofrio's return as Wilson Fisk in season 2 of Daredevil.
  2. They'll confirm it in the next few weeks to build up hype.

The Punisher. The boyfriend of Trish in Jessica Jones was Wil Traval as Will Simpson based on Frank Simpson/Nuke from the comics.

Yes. Arguably the best Netflix show. Can't wait.

Also, if Typhoid is in this, I really hope they don't kill her. Marvel have a huge problem with killing off their villains.

Typhoid A. has a history with Daredevil as an assassin hired to kill him. B. has a history as a love interest for Kingpin after Vanessa gets brain damaged. C. is tied to The Hand and can easily be an enemy of Iron Fist. D. even after the Netflix shows run their course, she can show up on the film side since she's been an enemy of the X-Men and part of the Avengers initiative.

If she dies unambiguously this season, it's cutting off a lot of branches. I feel the same way about Ghost who has a lot of history with Iron Man and the Thunderbolts. Certain villains aren't meant to be one-and-done. (And yes, you can clone Typhoid and Ghost can fake her death in any given circumstance but those both feel like forced retcons.)

The Punisher. The boyfriend of Trish in Jessica Jones was Wil Traval as Will Simpson based on Frank Simpson/Nuke from the comics.

Well I haven't got that far in The Publisher yet as I'm only up to about episode 5 or 6.

When was Typhoid tied to the Hand? FWIW, "love" isn't exactly how I'd describe Typhoid and Fisk's relationship...

is that the first time a major movie character has been mentioned by name? They usually just say "the flag waver" or "the green guy".

Foggy's mentioned Captain America by name in the first season of Daredevil.

[YT]35L7xUTDjQM[/YT]

DVhf9rLW0AApqsd.jpg

Also, if Typhoid is in this, I really hope they don't kill her. Marvel have a huge problem with killing off their villains.

Typhoid A. has a history with Daredevil as an assassin hired to kill him. B. has a history as a love interest for Kingpin after Vanessa gets brain damaged. C. is tied to The Hand and can easily be an enemy of Iron Fist. D. even after the Netflix shows run their course, she can show up on the film side since she's been an enemy of the X-Men and part of the Avengers initiative.

If she dies unambiguously this season, it's cutting off a lot of branches. I feel the same way about Ghost who has a lot of history with Iron Man and the Thunderbolts. Certain villains aren't meant to be one-and-done. (And yes, you can clone Typhoid and Ghost can fake her death in any given circumstance but those both feel like forced retcons.)
She’s BARELY connected to The Hand. She could show up in Daredevil but Elektra sort of filled that role in season 2 and would be a retread. As for the X-Men, she has a light connection to them too and I don’t see the Fox deal going through/getting finalized for a while so that’s not holding them back. I think we are good with getting her in JJ as it’d be great to have a female villain to go off of and refreshing to have Typhoid not be man crazy about Matt.

I always thought the X-Men connection was a mistake. There was no explanation for her powers beyond being born with it so they gradually decided she was a mutant, but this was so minimal that they forgot to put her on the list of mutants that survived M-Day. That led to her being "Mutant Zero," which gave her her strongest X-connection besides being an occasional Deadpool villain.

But I genuinely don't know what her Hand connection was (but I agree it would be duplicative of Elektra, who does have a Hand connection).

She’s BARELY connected to The Hand. She could show up in Daredevil but Elektra sort of filled that role in season 2 and would be a retread. As for the X-Men, she has a light connection to them too and I don’t see the Fox deal going through/getting finalized for a while so that’s not holding them back. I think we are good with getting her in JJ as it’d be great to have a female villain to go off of and refreshing to have Typhoid not be man crazy about Matt.

Completely agree, in Daredevil it would just be a retread that has people rolling their eyes. But in Jessica Jones they can have more freedom with it while giving Jessica an interesting antagonist, specially since she doesn't have many from the comics. A lot like Nuke in season 1.

The trailer wasn't all that Spectacular, but then again I don't think season 1 was either. But it's the best of the Netflix series IMO and I'm all in.

So far it feels like we know more about where Luke Cage and Daredevil are going than Jessica Jones even after two trailers. When will we get a plot synopsis?

I have no idea where Luke Cage is going and only the vaguest rumors for Daredevil. I think we have a much better idea of what this Jessica Jones season is about, we just have no idea who the villain is.

I have no idea where Luke Cage is going and only the vaguest rumors for Daredevil. I think we have a much better idea of what this Jessica Jones season is about, we just have no idea who the villain is.

A total shocker. We should get some reviews soon. It's definitely flying in under the radar.

I like that they are keeping things under wraps for this. I didn't know much about the first season and ended up loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"