Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Mike Murdock Registered

I didn't say Mutant Growth Hormone at all. I'll edit my post for the mistake, but IGH was the company specifically referenced. It's the one that created Nuke and the chemicals responsible for giving Jessica her powers.

2. NewYorkSpider EndGame

So since they can't use MGH, does IGH stand for Inhuman Growth Hormone?

3. Mike Murdock Registered

It certainly hasn't been revealed.

That being said, my gut feeling is no. It's not a product, it's the name of a corporation. Plus, I suspect Inhumans are being limited to Agents of SHIELD until the movie comes out.

4. Carlo Comicus Registered

5. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Doesn't the company MGH stand for Mutant Growth Hormone? If so, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume IGH is Inhuman Growth Hormone. I won't be the least bit surprised to find Inhumans played up in either the Netflix series or the movies prior to The Inhumans movie. Marvel likes to create a platform for their upcoming movies.

We'll see.......

6. Mike Murdock Registered

There is no company MGH. There's a product MGH.

7. cytokine Registered

Just started watching JJ (episode 3! woohoo) and some of the sets seem familiar. The house of the EMT who donated both his kidneys looks like Mrs Cardenas', and the doctor's office at the start of E03 looks like the Daily Bugle office.

8. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

It's prolly not a coincidence that the company was named IGH. If I had to lay money, I'd say we've got the baddies for S2.

Wish DD would hurry up.......Glad they didn't use the ugly yellow suit he wore way back when.

9. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Yeah, it's hard to read IGH as something that just happens to sound like the Inhumans standing in for mutants again in the MCU, but it's really something else. It's not like AoS is the top man on the totem pole. If anything, it being on network TV means Netflix can use it for sure!

10. HunBoy Captain Hungary

11. Mike Murdock Registered

I saw the DD motion poster. Is this like that too? Very cool.

12. Ragnaroknroll Registered

Finally finished watching Jessica Jones. It was really well done. I didn't like it as much as Daredevil and there were some moments that took me out of it but I have to say that Kilgrave is the most terrifying Marvel villain ever. More so than D'Onofrio's Kingpin who I thought was amazing. He is perhaps the most terrifying comic book villain portrayed on screen ever - period - supplanting even Ledger's Joker. Yeah I said it. If for nothing else than just for the level of his power combined with his total lack of moral compass and the fact that Tennant knocked it out of the park.

A thought I came away with after watching this though, is that even though these characters exist in the same MCU, this Netflix content is so mature that I can't conceive of how these characters can ever meet up with the movie universe. Jessica Jones was dark and disturbing. More disturbing than anything we've even seen in Daredevil. And I would never want my kid watching something like this until he is fully grown up and emotionally capable of processing this kind of content. My wife didn't even want to keep watching it because she could see where things were going and didn't want to know anymore - whereas I was hooked on the premise.

But I see no point in joining these universes now. I love the all ages appeal of the movie Marvel universe with colorful costumes, humor, epic action and sprawling stories. I love how the Russos managed to take things to the edge without going too dark and I can't wait to see what they've done for Civil War. But Jessica Jones/Daredevil dark doesn't work for me and I think it makes sense to keep these two sides of the brand distinct for separate audiences. There's no "one size fits all" here.

#62 Ragnaroknroll, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  13. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Only 8 episodes in, but I actually think this is better than Daredevil, around this mark when watching DD the episodes took a bit of a dip in quality, but JJ has kept its quality every episode for me so far. I won't fully judge until I watched the whole thing but so far so good for me.

14. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Why most the choice be either "crossovers" or "separate universes"? How about the entirely sensible middle ground of "its a big world, not everybody crosses paths"?

15. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

:up::up::up::up:

It makes the universe feel larger and more expansive.... not unlike the 616 universe.

16. Slick Yup

Re-watching Daredevil and Jessica Jones back to back. These two series Compliment each other well.

17. Man in the Suit Greeting

18. Pokkle Registered

It's good estimated(and fake) numbers comparing to the others netflix show: "On Netflix, Marvel’s Jessica Jones drew 4.8M, Aziz Ansari’s Master Of None pulled in 3.9M, Narcos nabbed 3.2M; while Amazon’s Man In The High Castle clocked 2.1M "

But these NBC numbers mean nothing really:
    [​IMG]

Estimated viewing figures provided by Nbc based on a couple thousand families in the US mean nothing especially when Netflix is worldwide.

19. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Finally finished the show, better than Daredevil for me as it kept its quality episode to episode. I was never bored with JJ while a couple of episodes of DD were a bit of a chore.

Not the case here I loved it all, including the supporting characters which made the whole thing that more interesting. Best Marvel shoe for me and one of the best things they have done.

20. BatsDC Side-Kicker

21. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Congrats to Marvel's JESSICA JONES Cast & Crew

SEASON 2 ORDERED BY NETFLIX!
    :)

22. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Great news! So happy! Loved this show!

23. NewYorkSpider EndGame

Great to hear a second season is coming. :up: They had a fantastic first season.

24. Speed Force Goober

I'm glad it's getting a second season, but there isn't any more Alias issues to adapt. I wonder what they'll do and how they'll do it

25. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

My guess is, season 2 will focus on IGH and the origins of her powers. Nuke will probably make a return appearance.