Homecoming John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein ARE Sony & Marvel's 'Spider-Man' Writers

Because he rarely gives negative ratings.

He rarely gives the dog s**t rating, but it's also rare that a movie is completely irredeemably horrible. Often even bad movies have a couple good scenes or one good actor that tries his best, or a good score.

anyway, not glad about Vacation being ripped apart by critics. These really are the worst writers they could've picked for a Spider-man movie that has to redeem the property, knew that even before the Vacation reviews came out. I can only hope that their script, with the help of Feige, will be just as good as the Horrible Bosses 1 script or even better

Edgar Wright's style doesn't fit with Spidey in the slightest.

He rarely gives the dog s**t rating, but it's also rare that a movie is completely irredeemably horrible. Often even bad movies have a couple good scenes or one good actor that tries his best, or a good score.

He's rarely harsh on movies unless they're easy targets which says a lot about how terrible Vacation is.

He's rarely harsh on movies unless they're easy targets which says a lot about how terrible Vacation is.

well that is true. he's just not that type of critic

Edgar Wright's style doesn't fit with Spidey in the slightest.

I don't believe Edgar Wright is just a one trick pony. Doesn't matter though, we're getting Jon Watts and that's that. He could be the next Russo brother(s) for all we know

Drew Goddard really screwed himself over.. if he'd stuck with Daredevil he may have been hired instead of Watts and probably would have taken writing duties as well.

He must be kicking himself.

Sucks cos he inspires much more confidence than Watts, Daley, and Goldstein.

i would have been curious to see what drew could have done. But it likely was not a option after the suppose mess he left marvel when he dropped out of daredevil. But again i am not to worried right now with these guys. They seem to get the character and what they are saying, along with watts, and everything kevin has talked about right now. We will likely get a "correct" peter parker/spiderman story. And i cant wait to see how they will shape it out.

Really come on guys, now that spidey is a part of the MCU we will not see a reboot in the traditional sense. Has the mcu rebooted itself at all so far no. Again we are likely not going to see the mcu rebooted for a long long long time. The only thing that will change is writers, directors, and like kevin has said. They are treating the mcu like how james bond was before the craig reboot. A continuing story and actors replaced when they are fired or decide to move on. And look we have already seen that with warmachine going from howard to ceadle, norton as hulk to ruffalo as hulk, and the once upon a time guy as fedral to guy from chuck, and so forth. So again in spidey case we will likely see tom as spidey for probably a decade or a little more. Unless he becomes a problem for marvel and they boot him. So no i dont expect seeing a full on reboot again for ages.

Last edited:
But this is still the second reboot of Spider-Man in less than 10 years.

Spider-Man won't be rebooted anytime soon, if this movie fails its over for Spidey

The Vacation directors and Spider-man reboot writers did an interview regarding Hemsworth's um, cameo, in their new movie. But there was this blurb at the end.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/07/all-about-chris-hemsworths-vacation-dick.html

Daley and Goldstein will have to contend with special effects of a different sort over the next few months, as they've been drafted to write Marvel's new Spider-Man reboot. That's still in the early stages, as Goldstein says they're going in to Marvel this weekend to look at footage of Tom Holland's cameo as Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War. "We hear good things," he said. "We might even get to look at the Spidey suit, which is exciting." Forget any rumored cast lists that have been floating around the web, however: "We've discussed certain characters," said Daley, "but nothing is certain yet, for sure."

ya dont be worried for a reboot as it cant happen now that marvel is in the picture and with how the mcu is. Again like i said the only thing that could change now is actors for x role. Be it they either want to move on and do other things, or they get fired like norton and howard did.

Well we don't need anymore confirmation for him being in Civil War now.

So I saw Vacation today against my better judgment.

I have now accepted that story and script wise, this MCU Spidey film won't be better than the Raimi films if these guys are writing it.

Seesh just cause they did some crap movies doesn't mean mcu spidey can't be great. I would only worry if once we get closer to filming happening and any bad ploys leak out. Cause everything watts, thrm and feige been saying they all seem to grasp the character. Also like I said before who's to say they be the only ones on the script. We could end up with different writers down the road.

We have to except that nothing will be better than the Raimi films. They're just to perfect.

For me I am getting a bit sick of all the doom and gloom feelings from ithers. Again look at the writers and directors past works on all the mcu films. And look at how those films turned out. Plus we know kevin gets the character with all the good things he has said. On top of the quotes from watts and the writers themselfs seem to get it. So I would only be worried once their is a script done and if said script leaks and doesn't look good. Cause just cause they did a crap movie or movies doesn't mean they can't turn around and pull off a good film.

We have to accept that nothing will be better than the Raimi films. They're just too perfect.

The Raimi films weren't perfect though. Tons of stuff can still be built upon and improved.

First mistake Raimi's movies made was opening with the line "this, like any story worth telling, is all about a girl"

Ya as much as I loved the raimi films there was alot of stuff they missed or screwed up. So I can't wait to see how mcu spidey turns out. And with Kevin getting it. I think we will have a more marvel spidey this time then the past films.

Well well, with these writers onboard it looks like this is going to end up as another disaster.

Maybe it's a good thing Dylan didn't get it, he'll get better things to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"