Jon Watts Exits As Director

That's what bothered me about the Watts hiring in the first place. If Marvel wants to go back to the well, then go all the way back. Jon Favreau.

I’d LOVE this. Particularly now with his Star Wars experience, I think he’s advanced far beyond where he was with Iron Man.

But I suspect he has other things on his plate and not much free time.

Another contender ... Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert of Everything Everywhere All at Once and Swiss Army Man.

I hadn't even thought of The Daniels, I don't really see them working out w/the studio machine, but yeah, that's a pretty fantastic option.

That's what bothered me about the Watts hiring in the first place. If Marvel wants to go back to the well, then go all the way back. Jon Favreau.
If he came back just for this I think he could do something great. He’d probably be the lowest risk person to bring in and could properly establish F4 into the MCU even if that means another director takes the reins for sequels.

I'm less concerned that Watts is not directing as I am with the possibility that this is the first indication that this is a troubled project.

There have been multiple MCU projects that had the original director leave and they still all hit the big screen. The new Dr. Strange being one if them. Watts left due to burn out, so I imagine it was an amicable split.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"