Jude Law, Robert DeNiro in Thor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... actors get old and can't quite carry a movie like they have in their primes, unless the movie is all drama and dialouge which can be boring at times. But you look at guys like Brando, Hopkins, Nickolson, etc... they obviously never lost it overnight and continued to have great careers well after their prime.

robertdeniro20050818631.jpg

Where's the problem? He's got the look enough.
Then? Sure, he's got an okay look for Hogun.

Now?

alg_de-niro.jpg

Not so much. ;)

I'm not absolutely against it or anything, but if they're trying to be true to the comics and not reimagining the characters and their respective ages for the movie, Hogun's middle-aged at most. De Niro definitely doesn't look middle-aged anymore.

I'm also with Brian on this one, DeNiro is awesome. End of story.

It's a Thor Issue for De Niro and Law
By Genevieve M. Blaber "ScarletScribe" on October 23, 2009

Either someone doesn't know how to read German -- Downfall subtitles don't count -- or Matthias Schweighöfer (Valkyrie) is a big fat liar. (OK, maybe he was just confused?)

In any of these cases, the story that Jude Law and Robert De Niro had joined the cast of Thor has turned out to be but a mere rumor. In speaking to the German edition of GQ, Schweighöfer had said that he was trying out for Thor but that Law and De Niro had already been cast. However, representatives for both actors have now informed Gossip Cop that this statement was false..

Of course, there's always a chance that Law, De Niro, and their reps are lying -- but come on, do you really see Law and De Niro as being the types to be in Thor together? Law, yes, but Law and De Niro? Not likely.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/it-s-a-thor-issue-for-de-niro-and-law-8338

Yeah, this rumor has been debunked a few times now. I'm gonna go ahead and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"