Jude Law, Robert DeNiro in Thor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In perspective, Feige flipped out when Blunt only had 1 movie to schedule filming around. DeNiro has one currently filming and possibly ten on deck over the next year or so.

Feige flipped out? Or was he maybe just unable to schedule the film, given that she had a lead role in another film that was shooting at the exact same time?

She was forced to do that film because of an existing contract to another studio. She had like a 3 movie deal with that studio and they forced her to do Gulliver's Travels just to keep her off Iron Man 2. This also happened to Ed Norton when the studio fored hm to be in The Italian Job.

She was forced to do that film because of an existing contract to another studio. She had like a 3 movie deal with that studio and they forced her to do Gulliver's Travels just to keep her off Iron Man 2. This also happened to Ed Norton when the studio fored hm to be in The Italian Job.

That was Fox again, wasn't it? They just love making friends with the other movie studios... :hehe:

Yes, I know, I just found it odd that Philly Phanboy chose to claim that Feige "flipped out" :huh:

I'm a little late so I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned this but Branagh has worked with De Niro in his Frankenstein film he made in the 90's.

That with the fact that comic films are a big thing and a lot of the past ones have had big names attached I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true.

As for people doubting someone like Jude Law being in a "comic film" I have two words, Sherlock Holmes.

If De Niro WANTS to do it, then he will. But I have no idea what role he would play.

DeNiro being suggested for a role, unless it's some indie picture, he ain't playing a small supporting role. He'll be one of the big guys.

Swinton would fit Hela like a glove; I also happen to think that Nicole Kidman would too.

I'd be happy with either, to be honest.

Nicole Kidman would make a good Asgardian but she isn't creepy enough to play Hela IMHO. In the role of a villain Swinton has a more menacing presence in addition to an unusual physique.

Wow...if this cast list is true...this is wild. So many big names.

Yes, I know, I just found it odd that Philly Phanboy chose to claim that Feige "flipped out" :huh:

Oh I know, just wanted to nip it in the bud before they went balls to the wall with this Feige flipping out thing.

I think it would be nice to have DeNiro just not sure if he fits Odin or any of the Warriors Three.

I think Robert DeNiro should reprise his acclaimed role as a cabbage:

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqHfser_9_s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqHfser_9_s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Hey gang! I got a few little tidbits of information to share with you all concerning two highly anticipated Marvel films, Thor and Captain America.

It looks like Kenneth Branagh is going to start shooting Thor in about 8 to 10 weeks depending on how much the holidays slow down production. So we are looking at a late December early January shooting start date. The main cast is set and they are excited to get started on it.

As for the casting rumor started over at AICN that Jude Law and Robert DeNiro have been cast in Thor, it’s false information. When I asked about it, I got a big fat NO. So that rumor has been debunked, unless that’s what they want us to believe, and they didn’t want to confirm that they have been cast or they are being talked to. But it was a pretty confident and quick “No”.

The film will take place in Midgard, where partially disabled medical student Dr. Donald Blake discovers his heretofore unknown alter ego, the Norse warrior, Thor. The film is set to be released May 20th 2011.

As for Captain America, the the script is complete and was recently turned in, so people close to the project are reading through it right now. The movie will also start shooting a couple months after the Thor shoot begins.

Joe Johnston is directing the film, which I couldn’t be more excited about. So far we know that that the film will take place during World War II. After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America’s ideals. Captain America is set to come out on July 22, 2011.

I would think casting for Captain America is underway and there are some names on a list somewhere of potential actors. We know that they want to go with someone with big international star power, which I’m not a fan of. But maybe they will get a great actor. The one and only name that keeps popping up is Will Smith for the role of the Captain. I don’t think it will happen, but I can’t wait to see who eventually gets cast.
SOURCE

interesting that deniro/law seems to been debunked. Though maybe they could still be in the film.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, FilmNerdJamie is where I first heard of the AICN peddled Deniro/Law rumors in a pm he sent me yesterday. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now.

Donald Blake all of a sudden back in the mix? Will Smith? Haven't heard that one before... this debunking seems a bit sketchy to me.

Blake isn't back in the mix, that site copy/pasted that synopsis from IMDB, where it has been inaccurately up for years

Let's hope they play up the Asgard portions rather than Midgard. I was psyched when I originally heard the rumor that it would be about 75% Asgard.

isnt midgard part of asgard or is midgard what asgard people call the earth relm? I dont know alot of the details on thor.

Aw, shame to hear that Robert DeNiro and Jude Law are out. But nice to see they're ready to start shooting in 8-10 weeks - that means casting confirmation should be coming SOON, and then we can get into the fun of set reports and leaked photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"