• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are still on the scientific-accuracy kick over Jurassic Park? :oldrazz: :loco:

Gah. Even going by the 1993 science the original didn't make any effort to, it's not the point.

The Carnotaurus looks like it'll offer the most interesting scenes -- if only because I think this series actually has a lack of good dinosaur interactions and the fight looks potentially cool -- but why the @$%@ does that ceratopsian have holes in its frill...!? :facepalm:
The biologist at Ingen obviously didn't want to risk it being too aerodynamic. ;)

Overall, the original Jurassic Park is pretty decent, great for its time as a dinosaur sci-fi piece, and it's the only one where the human characters don't actively annoy me. I can respect it.

Jurassic World is a huge letdown -- it and the other movies are in the territory of "dumb" to me at this point, including Fallen Kingdom (which at this point I consider potentially better than its immediate predecessor) -- but I still consider it a better sequel than the other ones because there's some more interesting elements like a functioning park, more dinosaur-dinosaur interactions, and the Owen-raptor relationship. (All of which is underdone in my opinion, but it's there.) I'd watch it again but just skip over the human stuff and get to the dinosaur scenes because Owen, Irrfan Khan, and B.D. Wong are the only semi-interesting people in the movie -- granted, more for what they do rather than their actual personalities. (I don't actually like any of the characters).

Jurassic Park III feels aggressively stupid -- everyone's aggravating in some way -- but it's at least mercifully short and has the rex-spinosaur fight in addition to the aforementioned raptor improvements and the best pterosaurs in the whole franchise. (Aside from the teeth, grasping feet, and lack of fuzz, they're actually pretty anatomically good and just look pretty.)

The Lost World: Jurassic Park is just boring and bland. I've tried a few times to watch the whole thing in one sitting but was never able to do it. And don't even get me started on the logistics of the San Francisco bit...

Thanks for doing that. Just wanted to get some perspective.

The first one is one of my favourite films and the human characters contribute to the film for me rather than detract.

JP III just seems like an outright joke but still has entertainment value. I prefer Lost World, at least till it gets to the mainland. And JW has great dino action for me but I don't particularly like the human characters. The kids are very forgettable - as in I've even forgotten what they looked like.

I love the T-Rex and his tiny arms! :cmad:
:funny:

On topic. I watched all the movies this past week.

Ranking:

1. Jurassic Park - 10/10 - Oh god, amazing on every level. The visuals are stunnig to this date, the characters are great, making you care for them. And the dinosaurs feel sooo real.

2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7.5/10 - Visually great, with some amazing sequences, but bad writing and some very dumb dialoge. I deducted a whole point of the rating for the disgusting gymnastics Raptor killing.

3. Jurassic Park III - 7/10 - Yes, there are some very dumb things...and Tea Leoni, but there are some great scenes as well. The Spinosaurs is a good villain, and very scary!. It's not as bad as everyone claiming. Why is everybody hating that talking Raptor scene? It's a dream! Dinosaurs can talk in dreams.

4. Jurassic World - 6.5/10 - Generic as hell, with unbelivable bad acting and writing for the kids. Dumb final battle and dumb conclusion. It did not felt like a JP film for me. It felt like every other CGI fest blockbuster we get dozens each year.

That said, I can't wait for Fallen Kingdom. I like the feel of the trailers, and I do hope it's my new number two of the series. Let's be real, no chance it can be number one.
Oh nice, so all fresh in your mind.

Yes JP's visuals have held up surprisingly well decades later.

Yeah that seems like a fair reason for a 1 point deduction. Who knows what is going through the writer's head when they are thinking up something like that.

The talking raptor is hilarious but the film as a whole just seems like it's a big joke to me, at least with some fun dino action.

I guess JW feels a bit more like a regular mega-blockbuster than a strictly Jurassic series film. I hope they can get back towards the feel of the original but I did find plenty to enjoy in JW and hope this one is a big improvement.

Nice to see other people not hating II and III. Love 'em both in their own ways.

Today's the premiere in Madrid, most likely we'll see some reactions later on.

I don't particularly mind Lost World, and III was okay, but those annoying ass parents...

Early reactions from the premiere. I don't speak Spanish, but the tweets seem pretty damn positive!

Ehh I don’t even have time to worry about reactions positive or negative. I just need the days and weeks to go quickly so I can sit my butt in the theater and watch this :woot:

But moving along. That baby raptor squad is cute as hell.
I'm curious; it was my understanding that Pratt's Raptors were the only ones on the island, and it's been several years since the park closed and everyone moved on. How did Blue get impregnated?

I'm curious; it was my understanding that Pratt's Raptors were the only ones on the island, and it's been several years since the park closed and everyone moved on. How did Blue get impregnated?

That sequence is a flashback, that’s baby blue and the others.

I find it weird we haven't seen anything of Ted Levine or James Cromwell's characters yet. Who are they playing?

Apparently there is a post-credits scene.
And in a twist, we find out that the portal Thanos escaped into actually takes him to an alternate Earth where Dinosaurs are roaming through the streets and he's promptly eaten by Rexy.

the Rex lion scene maybe.
I assume you're being sarcastic. :p They're not going to release a post-credit scene to the public ahead of the film.

OGYSNtS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back