Justice League Justice League Early Reactions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why its bull! Movie with so many plot holes, weak narrative among other things can't be better than movie with strong story alone!...Placing JL above WW for that matter alone doesn't make any sense!

Have you seen JL already? I’ll be surprised if everyone places WW above JL based on the early reactions even if most or many do. JL is going to have some unique appeal if it manages to stay afloat and with that I think it’s going to be preferable to some even if WW is the consensus better overall film.

Well, I have the first reaction, very brief, for one of the best known comics bloggers:
This is THE MOVIE.

Saw JL last night in Paramus, NJ. To preface, I'm a big Snyder fan and looooove the BvS Ultimate Cut. I don't love the Marvel movies, especially the less serious new ones (Thor, GotG2).

With all of that said, I was really nervous about Justice League.

I LOVED IT. It's definitely a Snyder movie and it's surprisingly funny. The action is top notch and the characters are great. My biggest complaints would be the score and the CGI in certain spots.

Overall, it seriously exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to watch it again and again!

That's not the article, no. It was some time after the tragedy iirc. Or it may have been someone else I'm not too sure tbh.

Regardless, he is not a big fan of the previous films I think. Either way he is entitled to his opinion, and I dont care either way.

You're "not too sure tbh"? yet you go and accuse the guy of finding joy in some one else's misery, essentially declaring him as an ***hole?? All this because he doesn't share an opinion about a movie you haven't even seen yet? Seriously man, you should be better than that.

Saw JL last night in Paramus, NJ. To preface, I'm a big Snyder fan and looooove the BvS Ultimate Cut. I don't love the Marvel movies, especially the less serious new ones (Thor, GotG2).

With all of that said, I was really nervous about Justice League.

I LOVED IT. It's definitely a Snyder movie and it's surprisingly funny. The action is top notch and the characters are great. My biggest complaints would be the score and the CGI in certain spots.

Overall, it seriously exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to watch it again and again!

I hope i turn out to be you on thursday night. Im so nervous about it. Hearing how they changed snyders movie and all that.....got me real down on my excitement level past few days. Im a huge bvs ultimate cut fan....like one of my fav cbm movies. I reallly really liked mos.

I hope i am as ecstatic as you are. Thanks man!

Does it feel like the ending of the trilogy that zack began? Is it still serious and have stakes or is it like marvel movies?

A friend has seen it too.
He said the movie es very good, but he feels it could be better because two things:
A fast paced, He thinks maybe the movie needs more minutes and , of course, a weak villain.

I hope i turn out to be you on thursday night. Im so nervous about it. Hearing how they changed snyders movie and all that.....got me real down on my excitement level past few days. Im a huge bvs ultimate cut fan....like one of my fav cbm movies. I reallly really liked mos.

I hope i am as ecstatic as you are. Thanks man!

Does it feel like the ending of the trilogy that zack began? Is it still serious and have stakes or is it like marvel movies?

It's definitely more like the Marvel movies. But the action and style still feels very Snydery. I feel like it hits a good middle ground, though there were a few jokes I didn't like.

The thing I don't like about most Marvel Studios movies' use of humor is that it is constantly used to break tension. Both times something similar happened in JL, I didn't like it. But overall, the humor works because it is situational humor (like in WW).

This weak villain situation is something I'd love to see fixed, for all CBM's. For every Joker and Magneto we get tons of villains no one could remember further down the road.

It's definitely more like the Marvel movies. But the action and style still feels very Snydery. I feel like it hits a good middle ground, though there were a few jokes I didn't like.

The thing I don't like about most Marvel Studios movies' use of humor is that it is constantly used to break tension. Both times something similar happened in JL, I didn't like it. But overall, the humor works because it is situational humor (like in WW).

And it's not even premiere night yet.

This weak villain situation is something I'd love to see fixed, for all CBM's. For every Joker and Magneto we get tons of villains no one could remember further down the road.

The Gotham TV series has some of the best villain character development out there (more than their heroes). Maybe some of these directors should start to take notice.

iu

iu

iu

1) End to all monotone cgi villains. There is nothing memorable about a one color organic golem. Let the details pop. Make them colorful. Also just mix in real with CGI. Don't go all CGI.

2) The villain should be transformative for the hero. That doesn't mean they need to have any personal connection, but their existence should force the hero to reexamine themselves.

In the bulk of Marvels films the villain hardly get's going before defeat. This could be remedied by honestly applying what they are doing for Klaw. Introduce them in another scenario. Expand on them in another film. Take the next step and expand further.

Based on some spoilers, it would be best if the next few DCEU films keep their baddies around for a round two so that's going improve JL2.

Every studio is doing their big world destroying baddie right now, and it's going to be really interesting to see how Darkseid fares, coming in last. Apocalypse obviously tanked, sans few powerful moments. DC should be paying close attention to how the competition handles these very similar characters, and grow on that. It's really hard to make a villain like that interesting.

Early reaction thread should been closed by now, reviews around the corner.

Early reaction thread should been closed by now, reviews around the corner.
Yep, closing this down. I'm going to make the Rotten Tomatoes thread into a critics reviews thread and start a Hypesters review thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"