Justice League- How Would You Go About It

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
????
How would you go about Making a Justice League live actions. Cast, crew, thoughts, title, storyboards, scripts, posters, etc.
ANything and everything that has to do with your thoughts on JL

I would make the movie a culmination of all the solo DC superhero movies that should be made before it:

-Nolan's Batman trilogy
-A relaunched Superman that succeeds in bringing him to a new generation
-Wonder Woman
-Green Lantern
-Possibly Aquaman

Martian Manhunter would probably be the toughest sell as a solo movie, and even in the comics he's known primarily as a Justice Leaguer. I think Flash, contrary to the other heroes, would work better if he's introduced in the Justice League movie before he got a solo film. That's because both Barry and Wally are regarded as "true" Flashes, as opposed to Green Lantern where it's Hal and a bunch pretenders as far as many of the fans are concerned. It would be very awkward if a solo movie with Barry was made, and he was replaced by Wally in the sequels. My idea for a Justice League franchise is to introduce Barry in the first team movie and give him his heroic death at the end of it, paving the way for a Wally solo series. Wally will join the team in the first Justice League sequel.

The title would either be "Justice League of America" here in the states and "Justice League" in foreign countries, or just "Justice League" everywhere. Either way, I would show the full "of America" name in the actual movie.

I think that JLA should start with the passing down of the mantle between Hal Jordan and Kyle Ratner/ Barry Allen and Wally West

I would just take everything they did for Justice League: Mortal, and then do the opposite of that.

I would just take everything they did for Justice League: Mortal, and then do the opposite of that.
lol.

A big event should bring them all together much like the first few episodes of the Justice League cartoon. After establishing the main core league add a few more into the group through future movies.
thats a good idea

------------

Does anybody have any villain ideas. Manips? or anything like that

As above.

Big event brings together a bunch of heroes to combat a world wide threat.

Some kind of "alien" baddie would probably work best. Although, they would need to be human-like in order to avoid having the aliens be completely CGI.

A "simple" baddie (sole purpose is to conquer/destroy) also means plenty of time can be spent on establishing each of the Justice League members. At the end of the film, there could be some allusion to a "bigger" threat - for example, it is revealed that the aliens fled their home world because they lost a battle against Darkseid or another "big bad" from the DC Universe.

Then again, the OMAC plot from the scrapped movie didn't sound too bad (at a basic level).

As for trying to bring the various films together, I'd start off with some voice-over at the beginning talking about the multiple parallel universes and pretty much say that the "other" Batman, Superman, etc all exist in their own "universes". Then just go for "classic" versions of the big seven (or eight if they decide they need another female like in JLU) and don't worry about matching up to the other movie versions. It also enables them to set their own "lighter" tone (Iron Man vs. The Dark Knight).

I'd also be happy to see a Justice League movie which utilises the "B" class members and doesn't include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc so that it can't "damage" those franchises. Not much is happening with Super Max at the moment, so they could still include some "big" names like Green Arrow and even Martian Manhunter (who isn't rumoured to be getting a movie any time soon from memory). Add in other heroes like Black Canary, Captain Atom, Fire, Ice, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, etc and it should still be an interesting mix of characters. They could even "name-check" the A listers by saying they're off on some mission, or they could be in another "team" of Justice Leaguers.

Cheers.

I would just like to see wb take jl seriously and make it a grand epic film and not make it a cheesy popcorn kiddie flick.

Well, first of all, I'd get actual actors to play the roles. This isnt Smallville, mother****er, this is the Justice League movie! Be real.

yea even though i love the jl in smallville that is one take and one type of version of the group. For a full live action film we need actors who have the right skills, looks, and depth that can make us believe they are these characters and have the right presence. Miller's group of actors from what we know about them and what we believe was the direction he was going just didnt look right one bit.

JLA is going to be extremely hard to make. Call me pessimistic but I think its nearly impossible to create it without giving any sort of hint of Superfriends.

Finally saw Superman Returns and I have to say not only was it terrible (CGI Superman? Really?) but Routh was rather dull. I know they only made him try to Christopher Reeve, but perhaps I've now come to the realization that he is unmatchable because he had no where near the presence of Reeve. I don't think anyone else can duplicate that scene in Superman: The Movie where Lex tells Otis to tell Superman to move and he just backs up with one stare glare of his.

superman6019594304co5.jpg

http://www.juicy-flawless.org/krypton/details.php?image_id=4450

I say give Tom Welling a stab at it. If he wants to, of course. I actually don't think Routh looks much like Reeve at all.

Last edited:
should hawkgirl be in it...i think not

anybody have any fanart or scripts or manips

we dont need to go back to the routh welling debate again. even though many would love to see welling be superman and i would like to see it, but if wb does went to reboot totally superman welling and routh will likely not be asked at all.

I like (and by that I mean hate) how people say "Brandon Routh is better than Tom Welling" as a reason for Routh to play Supes again. Like...come on, it isnt very hard to be better than Welling. Doesnt mean Routh was any good... Routh was wrong for one very big reason. He wasnt playing Superman. He was playing Christopher Reeve playing Superman. Lets get some new blood to bring Supes to life.

sounds good to me. Henry Cavill FTW

I like (and by that I mean hate) how people say "Brandon Routh is better than Tom Welling" as a reason for Routh to play Supes again. Like...come on, it isnt very hard to be better than Welling. Doesnt mean Routh was any good... Routh was wrong for one very big reason. He wasnt playing Superman. He was playing Christopher Reeve playing Superman. Lets get some new blood to bring Supes to life.

Whatever. Just as long that there isn't any Superman CGI. The practicality in the original movie looks more realistic then a movie in 2006 with advanced technology :huh:

My plan would start with a new Superman movie. I would have Superman face off against Brainiac. We would find out that Brainiac was sent by someone else to recon the planet and do an assessment of its defenses, primarily Superman and the military. Brainiac is almost destroyed so he finds out the hard way that Superman is a very big threat so at the end of the movie, we see him activate something called the Doomsday Protocol. The final scene of the movie is in a desert area like Death Valley where we see the ground start shaking almost like an earthquake until we see Doomsday's fist smash up out of the ground. At this time we would also see the release of several other DC solo movies featuring their other characters such as Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Shazam, Green Arrow and such.

The next Superman movie would be Superman: Doomsday and would pretty much follow the comic book story. The movie would end with his death and his funeral attended by the other heroes from their solo movies. They feel guilty for not being there to help Superman fight off the monster being that he was such a big threat to life on Earth as he was. Inspired by that guilt and Superman's sacrifice, they decide to team up and form the Justice League to defend the Earth from major threats. The final scene of the movie shows Brainiac sending out a message that Superman (the Earth's most powerful defender) has been defeated and now the planet is "ripe for the picking" so to speak. The message is received on a far away hellish alien planet by massive shadowed figure with glowing red eyes. He closes the movie by saying in a deep ominous voice. "Excellent, let the invasion begin..."

This of course would lead straight into a Justice League movie where the team would have to deal with a full scale Apokoliptian invasion. The team holds its own until Darkseid himself shows up. The heroes start to fall and just as Darkseid is about to kill Wonder Woman, he gets leveled by a red, blue and yellow streak. Superman is back from the dead! The tide is turned and a cataclysmic battle ensues as Superman takes on Darkseid and the other heroes rise again to the fight after being beaten down, being inspired By Superman's return. The heroes win the day and drive Darkseid and his forces back to Apokalips.

There you have it, what do you guys think?

My plan would start with a new Superman movie. I would have Superman face off against Brainiac. We would find out that Brainiac was sent by someone else to recon the planet and do an assessment of its defenses, primarily Superman and the military. Brainiac is almost destroyed so he finds out the hard way that Superman is a very big threat so at the end of the movie, we see him activate something called the Doomsday Protocol. The final scene of the movie is in a desert area like Death Valley where we see the ground start shaking almost like an earthquake until we see Doomsday's fist smash up out of the ground. At this time we would also see the release of several other DC solo movies featuring their other characters such as Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Shazam, Green Arrow and such.

The next Superman movie would be Superman: Doomsday and would pretty much follow the comic book story. The movie would end with his death and his funeral attended by the other heroes from their solo movies. They feel guilty for not being there to help Superman fight off the monster being that he was such a big threat to life on Earth as he was. Inspired by that guilt and Superman's sacrifice, they decide to team up and form the Justice League to defend the Earth from major threats. The final scene of the movie shows Brainiac sending out a message that Superman (the Earth's most powerful defender) has been defeated and now the planet is "ripe for the picking" so to speak. The message is received on a far away hellish alien planet by massive shadowed figure with glowing red eyes. He closes the movie by saying in a deep ominous voice. "Excellent, let the invasion begin..."

This of course would lead straight into a Justice League movie where the team would have to deal with a full scale Apokoliptian invasion. The team holds its own until Darkseid himself shows up. The heroes start to fall and just as Darkseid is about to kill Wonder Woman, he gets leveled by a red, blue and yellow streak. Superman is back from the dead! The tide is turned and a cataclysmic battle ensues as Superman takes on Darkseid and the other heroes rise again to the fight after being beaten down, being inspired By Superman's return. The heroes win the day and drive Darkseid and his forces back to Apokalips.

There you have it, what do you guys think?

srry but corny

My vision?

Justice League: Over the centuries the immortal Vandal Savage has tried to conquer the Amazon island of Themyscira as well as seize their gigantic doomsday weapon. He's failed countless of times under the guises of different personas over the years (like Ceasar, Alexander The Great, etc.). Present day, Lex Luthor has been elected President and his Secretary of Defense is none other than Vandal Savage (his past is unknown to everyone). Ambassador Princess Diane and Queen Hippolyta enter the U.S. to speak to the World Summit to join the UN, but are met with scorn for the other nations don't feel they can be trusted. Meanwhile, Clark Kent is meeting with friend Bruce Wayne (it's hinted that they know each others identities after having discovered this in a previous engagement). The meeting is interrupted when Superman's assistance is needed at a laboratory where a scientist (using unstable teleportation technology) transports a hostile alien lifeform onto Earth. The government arrive and take the alien after he is subdued.

Vandal Savage brings information to Lex about the Amazons concealing a WMD. While both secretly have their own intentions for the weapon, Lex moves forward with a plan to send troops over seas to Themyscira to confiscate the weapon, but knowing of the strength of the Amazons, he gets a reluctant Superman recruited into the "cause", as well as scientist Barry Allen, who has been working with the government to develop a super speed formula. After testing it on himself he's able to tap into the Speed Force. Military pilot Hal Jordan is recruited as well (unknown to the world, accept a good military friend, he has in his possession a power ring he aquired months ago from Abin Sur). Talk of war begins and Superman, Barry Allen (who takes the codename "The Flash" as well as a constume), Hal Jordan (still hiding his ring), and other American troops invade Themyscira and a fight ensues. Meanwhile Batman begins investigating Lex Luthor's true motives after growing suspicious (due to Superman, who is receiving mental thoughts from the martian previously, who has gain knowledge of Lex and Vandal's plans after reading their minds onc ehe was captured). Batman is eventually led to the Martian on a military base and busts him out.

Meanwhile on Themyscira, the Princess Diane, Artemis, and Hippolyta charge into the battle field. The fight rages, with Hal revealing his ring. In the end, Superman returns home with his men and meets with Batman and the Martian. The Martian explains the doomsday weapon and how his race years ago helped the Amazons create it. With the knowledge of what is going on, Batman, Superman, The Flash, and Hal Jordan confront the government and are then labeled communists. Meanwhile, the Amazons prepare to invade the U.S. As war is slowly looming on the horizon, Superman and the others (including the Martian) hide underground and prepare to fight, while Diane hears of this, now discovering that Vandal is behind this. Her people don't listen and they charge into battle with her refusing to fight, which leads to her to being banded a traitor to her homeland. Battle makes it to U.S. soil and the heroes fight both sides. Diane arrives and joins the ranks of the heroes (while saving a young child, she's dubbed "a Wonder Woman"). Hal uses his ring to design a costume to join the ranks, but is then captured by Vandal to use his ring to steal the weapon.

The fight in the U.S. ends, and Hal, Superman, and The Martian manage to defeat(?) Vandal and hurl the doomsday weapon off into space just as it's about to explode (thanks to a self-destruct procedure the Martian knew of). In the end, the heroes are given medals (sans Batman and the Martian) and seen as heroes to the World. Lex is impeached and his term is over.

For a sequel?

Justice League 2: The Justice League are handling a crisis at a harbor where a man who claims to be the king of Atlantis who is on a crusade is attacking a harbor for pollution. He is subdued by the Justice League and brought into custody where he is being interrogated. He reveals his name is Orin and he is left with the government. Meanwhile, Kator and Shayera Hol of Thanagar arrive to warn Earth of the impending doom of Darkseid of Apokolips and ask for help in searching for Orion, the only one who can defeat him. While Green Lantern, Superman, and The Martian Manhunter travel into space to help find Orion, Lex has secretly been recruiting himself a team of villains to form a sort of Anti-Justice League. Batman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman begin to search for them and do battle, when they discover Orion is on their roster. It's revealed that he's been on Earth for quite sometime and had arrived on a mission of peace, but had seen what the planet had to offer and determined that the violent savage humans didn't deserve to live, so he's accepting his father Darkseid's destruciton.

Meanwhile in space, Katar and Shayera betray the heroes, revealing that they were never searching for Orion and were working for Darkseid, who wanted any threats gone from the planet. After their planet had been ravaged, they had no cohice but to serve Darkseid. After failing to eliminate them (followed by an uneasy form of forgiveness) Superman orders them to take them to Apokolips to see Darkseid himself. Superman is the only one who can be brought to see the villains, and he finally meets him, learns of his objective and his quest for the Anti-Life equation and a small confrontation ensues, but Superman is rescued by the Thanagarians and they all return to Earth, where they meet the others doing battle with Lex and his Injustice Gang. After defeating them, Lex escapes with some of his recruits, but Orion is left behind. The heroes try to convince him that he needs to help, and he finally agrees and they prepare for Darkseid as he approaches Earth (Superman also decides to release Orin, who agrees to help after he's informed that his own kingdom will be destroyed along with the Earth).

Darkseid and his troops arrive on Earth and the battle begins. Lex makes his way to Darkseid's ranks and "sells his soul" to him, gaining a battle suit in the process and joins his side and is later defeated again. During the battle, Hal's hometown Coast City is destroyed. Eventually, Orion and Superman defeat Darkseid (with Katar being killed in battle). Though Apokolips' minions have been defeated, an enraged Green Lantern strikes the League for the casualties the fight cost. He then flies off into space on a self imposed exile.

Justice League 3: Nearly a year has past since Darkseid's attack, and Hal has yet to return. While the League is handling a situation with the terrorist organization Kobra at a nuclear plant, something goes wrong and the plant explodes while The Flash is inside trying to rescue more workers. A funeral is held to mourn the hero, and the League considers disbanding. A hurt Wally West, the nephew of Barry Allen, tries to unlock his equation into tapping into the speed force to pick up where he left off since he looked up to him. Meanwhile, artist Kyle Rayner is found by the last surviving member of the Guardians who presents him with the last power ring, giving birth to the Last Green Lantern. He warns Kyle of the coming of the villain Parallax, who in turn warns the Justice League (after getting used to the power ring). After struggling, Wally has cracked the code and presents himself as the new Flash to the League, who meet him with scoff as an amature and a child.

Soon, the League discover that Parallax is none other than Hal Jordan and that he must be stopped. But opinions are divided on how the problem should be handled, with Batman up for defeating Parallax and Superman up for saving him, which splits the team and causes confrontation. As the villains nears Earth and begins his rampage, new members are recruited and the heroes eventually are forced to work as a team again to stop their friend. In the end, it's revealed that Hal had become host to the spirit of Parallax, and after the spirit has been "exorcised" the now conscious Hal sacrifices himself to destroy Parallax once and for all.

In the end, the League continues to act as a team with new recruits all around the world.

In a general way, the main goals I'd set for the movie are as follows:

1) Establish there are many different heroes in the world.

There should be no time to divulge a lot of past connections and secret origins. Focus on the threath(s) and the relationship between the heroes.

2)This is a team that has gone mostly beyond regular threats.

I don't think it HAS to be alien, but anything that calls for more than standard crime and beggins threatening the well being of one or more countries. In fact, as I see it, maybe the members of Justice League gave up most of their individual careers to focus on the team.

3) Being a superhero isn't cool.

Being in the Justice League is like a mix of the worst parts of being a world leader and being a soldier. Whenever they head out there, you never know who's gonna come back and how the world will react to what you did. The Justice League would not operate in a vacuum, though, and have to interact with various officials from different governments. Not taking orders, or applying their criteria unilaterarilly, but something in the middle of that.

4)Superman can't do it all.
I shouldn't have to make this a goal, but the viewers need to understand that Superman, or any other Leaguer could not in fact stop all crime everywhere.

6)Cameos! Justice League being in contact with other heroes that arn't in the main plot would bring leverage to the concept of a world with more than one hero.

Cast: No big stars. I'd gather lesser knowns where star recognition doesn't get in the way of the characters.

Director: Peter Jackson...or me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"