Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my feelings on the sequel are around the same as yours. Cassias shoukd have been the final battle for me though rather than RR's character who quite clearly didn't have a chance.

I do love the action in these movies, but for me nothing in the sequel topped the club scene in the first movie.

Man...RR was such a wasted character. She wasn't even as fun as Palicki in the first film. I kinda thought they were gonna do something cool in regards to RR character being deaf, like they were gonna get in some kind of combat situation where her not being able to hear would give her some kind of advantage, but no...we just got a standard villain that really got her ass kicked in no time flat.

I thought we could of got more of them as a couple and the reason she was so special to make John change his life.

Yeah, I don't think more flashbacks would have done anything but slow the movie down. I mean...he fell in love and that was enough to make him want a normal life. I'd actually say anyone that's ever actually been in genuine love can understand that. Personally, I'd give up anything for my fiancee, but I'm a sappy ass sucker. :D

Honestly, I have zero interest in that, lol. The flashbacks were blasé enough in the first one to me. There was just nothing special about them at all that I could see. If I want a convincing love story or cancer drama, I won't be watching a movie where Keanu Reeves headshots a hundred people. In fact I probably won't be watching a Keanu movie at all, because THAT kind of acting really ain't his forté, imo. But I get it, we watch for different things. :)

Oh I am not wanting a full on drama, just bits and pieces here and there

Man...RR was such a wasted character. She wasn't even as fun as Palicki in the first film. I kinda thought they were gonna do something cool in regards to RR character being deaf, like they were gonna get in some kind of combat situation where her not being able to hear would give her some kind of advantage, but no...we just got a standard villain that really got her ass kicked in no time flat.

Yeah all that build up and she got her ass kicked pretty easily.

Yeah, I don't think more flashbacks would have done anything but slow the movie down. I mean...he fell in love and that was enough to make him want a normal life. I'd actually say anyone that's ever actually been in genuine love can understand that. Personally, I'd give up anything for my fiancee, but I'm a sappy ass sucker. :D

I think a few more flashbacks wouldn't have gone amiss. The whole LF part could have made way for them.

Honestly, I have zero interest in that, lol. The flashbacks were blasé enough in the first one to me. There was just nothing special about them at all that I could see. If I want a convincing love story or cancer drama, I won't be watching a movie where Keanu Reeves headshots a hundred people. In fact I probably won't be watching a Keanu movie at all, because THAT kind of acting really ain't his forté, imo. But I get it, we watch for different things. :)

This right here is why one day you will have the honor of being my ex wife. Some dudes on here seeking for some sort of emotional connection with a guy who shoots hundreds of bullets into foreheads/faces. lol

By "emotion" I didn't just think about the wife and dog. In the first film, the action works because John himself is full of vitrol and his enemies feel real. They're fighting this almost invincible force of nature and their fear (and respect) is palpablle. In part two, John basically has to fight hordes of videogame obstacles for something he doesn't even really care that much about and his enemies are so devoid of personality and charisma you can never even pretend to root for them.

By "emotion" I didn't just think about the wife and dog. In the first film, the action works because John himself is full of vitrol and his enemies feel real. They're fighting this almost invincible force of nature and their fear (and respect) is palpablle. In part two, John basically has to fight hordes of videogame obstacles for something he doesn't even really care that much about and his enemies are so devoid of personality and charisma you can never even pretend to root for them.

:up: 100% spot on

Yup.

The second one kinda fell a bit apart in the middle, where it became too much about the 'mythology' instead of John and the story itself, and picked up some steam again in the end. The first one was a very tight action-thriller, the sequel felt a bit like it went all over the place in the middle.

It's still a good movie which I enjoyed, but less than the original, which really gets me pumped everytime I watch it.

But man, it did set up great possibilities for the third one, which I hope will be tighter and slightly more focused in its story department.

Last edited:

As much as I love Chapter 2 this is completely accurate. The first film had a lot more heart and felt more visceral. While Chapter 2, for my money's worth, was a great film and nice way to continue the story, I don't think it did all it could have.

Either way, I do hope that Chapter 3 fixes those issues because the premise going in is already fantastic. And I want to see how John comes out on top.

Also, I'm guessing that Common will be returning for Chapter 3?

Yup.

The second one kinda fell a bit apart in the middle, where it became too much about the 'mythology' instead of John and the story itself, and picked up some steam again in the end. The first one was a very tight action-thriller, the sequel felt a bit like it went all over the place in the middle.

It's still a good movie which I enjoyed, but less than the original, which really gets me pumped everytime I watch it.

But man, it did set up great possibilities for the third one, which I hope will be tighter and slightly more focused in its story department.

This is honestly why I'm hoping the TV show gets green lit and sees the light of day. From what I understand, it's purpose will be to delve into that mythology and assassin subculture. That way they can keep it from bogging down the actual movies.

Yup.

I think the problem was in the first movie you wanted John to kill the villains because of what happened.

In the sequel he is just killing random assassin's that we don't know or care about, other than Cassian.

That's why Cassian was such a breathe of fresh air when he showed up since he had some motivation beyond "I kill people."

The problem was though I sympathised more with Cassian in the end as JW had done something terrible to him. I should have been supporting John all the way but wasn't. As above in the first movie you wanted him to kill the villains as they were so horrible.

That's why Cassian was such a breathe of fresh air when he showed up since he had some motivation beyond "I kill people."

Indeed. I was so worried the character would end up being under-used but he was great and had a lot to work with.

To the people wanting a more emotional connection to John Wick:

VMWhich_Gilmore_Girl_Are_You.gif

:oldrazz:

Keanu Reeves Christmas present :eek:

[YT]4c_27w2Zw8k[/YT]
sx4lQAs.jpg

Cool fact. The girl on the left plays the current pink power ranger on "Power Ranger's Ninja Steel"

Filming should be relatively soon if Chapter 3 is out May 2019.

Casting announcements!

Filming should be relatively soon if Chapter 3 is out May 2019.

Casting announcements!

16 months left til Chapter 3 comes out!!!!

Also hoping Carrie Anne Moss or Hugo Weaving get a role in the film! Even seeing more Laurence Fishburne would be awesome!

Yassss. Ya know, between Outlander, American Gods (before that dissolves into garbage with the creative shake-ups), Ash vs. The Evil Dead, Counterpart and this, I'm really enjoying Starz's taste in projects these days. They're becoming the most "genre-y" of the premium cable outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"