Keanu Reeves is John Wick. Don't Set Him Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Wick vs The Yakuzas?

im all in for that one

Second was awesome, but I really do hope they find a way to make this a bit more personal again like the first. Not sure exactly how, but you really need to loathe the villains bigtime again and just wish them the absolute worst, while basically fist-pumping for Wick to get as crazy as possible.

Second was awesome, but I really do hope they find a way to make this a bit more personal again like the first. Not sure exactly how, but you really need to loathe the villains bigtime again and just wish them the absolute worst, while basically fist-pumping for Wick to get as crazy as possible.
I agree. I like JW2, but not nearly as much as I love JW1.

And that's not a knock on JW2, still a really killer action flick. It just packed less of a punch in terms of investment in John taking all these futhermuckers down.

Eh, just feel like there is no way to expect JW3 to be as emotional since the first. Wife is dead. Puppy is dead. He kinda got his car back. What else is there from an emotional point? Hurt the pitbull? I doubt they kill that dog. Survival mode is his only emotional angle left. That is it. JW will kill a bunch of yakuzas, but some of you bastahs will complain cause it didn't make you cry. I know i'm gonna be crying from all the sexy headshots and possibly pitbull attacking the badguys as well.

Apparently [BLACKOUT]Cassian is back[/BLACKOUT], which I kind of expected.

But also [BLACKOUT]Ruby Rose’s[/BLACKOUT] character back also, how?

Eh, just feel like there is no way to expect JW3 to be as emotional since the first. Wife is dead. Puppy is dead. He kinda got his car back. What else is there from an emotional point? Hurt the pitbull? I doubt they kill that dog. Survival mode is his only emotional angle left. That is it. JW will kill a bunch of yakuzas, but some of you bastahs will complain cause it didn't make you cry. I know i'm gonna be crying from all the sexy headshots and possibly pitbull attacking the badguys as well.

I feel this franchise will be alot like Rambo. First one true real classic dealing with some real emotional stuff. From then on only great action flicks. They will only try be more and more ridiculous

Well, I liked Chapter 2 better than the first, so even if it's only on par, I'll be happy.

Yeah, it's the tricky part, I don't have any idea how they'd go about doing it. But they've gotta find a way, if a third one goes further down the spectacle-and-cool-action-for-the-sake-of-it route, it's gonna get a little stale.

Hell, I don't know, maybe the tried-and-true angle of him protecting a little kid or something? Obviously been done a million times before, ehh. But the scripts are decent enough for these, I trust 'em to figure something out.

Well, I liked Chapter 2 better than the first, so even if it's only on par, I'll be happy.

Me too. It had enough emotion in it for me considering the last pieces of physical memory he had of his wife were burned to ash, and it has a better 3rd act and probably builds itself a little better. Plus the world building , action and Wick himself are still awesome. I don't think the Rambo comparison is that fair. I think First Blood is completely different from the others. Slower, smaller, grittier. The two Wicks are way more similar to one another.

Me too. It had enough emotion in it for me considering the last pieces of physical memory he had of his wife were burned to ash, and it has a better 3rd act and probably builds itself a little better. Plus the world building , action and Wick himself are still awesome. I don't think the Rambo comparison is that fair. I think First Blood is completely different from the others. Slower, smaller, grittier. The two Wicks are way more similar to one another.
That's true.

Heh, First Blood's a really interesting one. I've always considered it a lot grittier & grounded than the two 80s sequels (not "realistic", but you know, a little more serious). But my dad (a Vietnam vet) saw it for the first time on TV recently (I was pretty amazed he'd never seen it) and basically considered it "just another dumb action movie", like no redeeming value whatsoever, as dumb as most of us see the two sequels (not '08 Rambo, that movie's awesome). Heh.

Not sure there's as much of a gap between the two Wick movies as First Blood Part I & Part II, tonally they're pretty similar. First one just has a bit more of an emotional core to it.

I finally saw Chapter 2. **** me, I've never wanted a sequel this much since the ending of TDK. This series might be the best action film series in years.

jmc walking into this series like:

fTzYSGW.gif

Better late than never, son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"