Kevin Feige Heads To A Galaxy Far Far Away: Will Produce new Star Wars movie for Disney

If Feige already has someone he wants for a role then he must have a good idea of the film's story.

If Feige already has someone he wants for a role then he must have a good idea of the film's story.

Would be funny (re: vindictive) if he stole Tom Holland away from Spider-Man.

I'm actually a little concerned about this for the MCU. Maybe not so much for the established characters, but for the X-men and FF4.

However I'm hoping this means a few things:

1) Kevin has amassed a creative team that understands the source material and how to use it.
2) He is leaving a competent day to day successor in place with some fanboy-ish leanings at Marvel Studios
3) There is a long term plan in place at Marvel Studios
4) He still gets to read and comment on things to ensure a level of quality.

As for Star Wars I can't fault the guy. For a lot of us that would be a dream job and they need help. I'm guessing his initial input will be added to help right the ship, and provide the long term planning , fan understanding, and continuity aspects which seem to have been missing from the current trilogy. If I was a Star Wars fan, I would see this as a good thing, and hope Kevin does a Knights of the Old Republic / Ancient Jedi thing as his first film.

He's not leaving marvel, he's just also doing a Star Wars movie. One might be concerned about him being stretched too thin (but then, he also isn't doing Spider-man movies anymore) but there's no reason to worry about Marvel having to get by without him suddenly.

*Maybe there'll be 2 movies in 2022 now? I was wondering about Spider-Man being an announcement for one of the summer slots and now it's rumored that was a possibility. I wish Marvel would've fallen back on Ant-Man if this is the case.

*I think that maybe Marvel Studio's could have several top decision makers if Kevin is stretched too thin from a departmental standpoint. They'd just have to play ball much better than Marvel Publishing (and their TV Division) and Marvel Studio's.

Last edited:
I have more confidence in what Feige will put together than Johnson and the GoT writers.

I can see why Feige would want to move on to something else. From a popularity standpoint the MCU has probably peaked as a cinematic universe and the future is likely to be more hit-or-miss/ controversal based on the characters and properties.To be the guy to come in and potentially unite SW fans would be a nice feather in his cap. That being said the long term future of SW success is with streaming series, not films. Though you could say that with Marvel as well.

I can see why Feige would want to move on to something else. From a popularity standpoint the MCU has probably peaked as a cinematic universe and the future is likely to be more hit-or-miss/ controversal based on the characters and properties.To be the guy to come in and potentially unite SW fans would be a nice feather in his cap. That being said the long term future of SW success is with streaming series, not films. Though you could say that with Marvel as well.

He isn't leaving Marvel.

He isn't leaving Marvel.

Not yet, but eventually he'll want something new and going out on top isn't the worst thing. I wouldn't be surprised if his position in the company grows in the near future after Iger retires and Marvel isn't his biggest priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"