Kill the mutants

X-Maniac said:
I would *possibly* replace Quill with Gambit, Arclight with Avalanche... I wonder if they chose Quill and Arclight as characters who could die in battle without too much fuss from comicbook fans. There's no way I would put Quill in the main Brotherhood line-up. (I'd also make Jean's costume a little less like Scarlet Witch because i want to see the Witch in a future movie!)

I'd love to see Sabretooth and Deathstrike again, but the return of Jean is enough resurrections for this movie.
Yeah I'll agree with ya there.

INT. STRYKER'S BASE - CONTAINMENT HALL

A LARGE DOOR OPENS. Storm and Nightcrawler step into the large CONTAINMENT ROOM, gawking.

WIDE ON THE ROOM to reveal: A MASSIVE OPEN CYLINDER -- 150 feet in diameter. Above them, EIGHT GLASS CAGES swing from chains attached to the ceiling, each holding a different one of Xavier's students.

NIGHTCRAWLER
Mein Gott...

Storm and Nightcrawler start towards a BANK OF SWITCHES, when A FIGURE leaps from high above and lands in front of them.

THE FIGURE, crouched on all fours, crawls into a shaft of light, revealing:

TOAD -- his eyes still black and dilated. HE GRINS at Storm and sticks out his tongue, revealing it charred and scarred from their last encounter.

NIGHTCRAWLER
Get the kids.
(she hesitates)
Go!

Storm runs towards the bank of switches. Toad LEAPS towards her, but Nightcrawler JUMPS into the air and SLAMS against him, knocking him away from her.

Toad looks up at the ceiling. He grins and scurries up a massive column in the center of the room. Nightcrawler quickly follows -- racing upward.

ON THE GROUND

Storm approaches the large CONTROL BOX. She throws the first switch, and a cage begins to lower. She hits a second switch. SPARKS FLY. The cages stop. Inside, Jones watches, terrified.

ABOVE

Toad, chased by Nightcrawler, grabs onto a LARGE, THICK CHAIN and rips it from the ceiling.

It swings down toward Storm...

NIGHTCRAWLER
Miss Storm!

...SHE LOOKS UP just as it SLAMS into her, knocking her into the center of the room, unconscious.

(At this time Jean, Mystique, and Magneto are on their way to the evil Cerebro. Pyro, Bobby, and Rogue are in the X-Jet talking.)

INT. STRYKER'S BASE -- CONTAINMENT HALL -- SAME TIME

The children SCREAM as Toad and Nightcrawler fight each other, leaping from cage to cage.

Toad climbs to the top of the room. He looks at a PIN, which connects a cage to a chain. He SMILES and yanks the pin out.

THE CAGE BEGINS TO FALL. Inside the cage, Jubilee SCREAMS.

Nightcrawler sees her. BAMF! He teleports inside the cage, grabs Jubilee, and BAMF! They're gone.

BAMF! He puts Jubilee safely on the ground. The cage comes crashing down next to them.

He looks up to see Toad leap from one cage to another, yanking two more pins. TWO MORE CAGES begin to drop, the kids inside panic.

BAMF! Nightcrawler teleports from one cage to the next, saving the kids before they hit the ground.

ON THE GROUND

Nightcrawler appears, huffing and puffing -- fatigued. He looks up.

IN THE RAFTERS

Toad grins wickedly, and disappears in a blur of speed and movement. FIVE MORE CAGES, one after another, suddenly begin to drop.

PUSH IN ON NIGHTCRAWLER: As he closes his eyes. BAMF! BAMF! BAMF! BAMF! BAMF! BAMF! BAMF!

The silhouette of his movement screams through space. One by one, the kids safely appear on the ground.

CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! Cages are falling all around Storm's unconscious body.

IN THE RAFTERS

TOAD pulls a pin from the last cage. Jones is inside.

BAMF! Nightcrawler appears behind Toad. He wraps his arms around Toad...BAMF! The two of them teleport into Jones' falling cage...

INSIDE THE CAGE

...BAMF! Nightcrawler and Toad reappear. Nightcrawler GRABS JONES, and BAMF! They're out, leaving Toad behind, SCREAMING.

ON THE GROUND

Nightcrawler and Jones reappear to see the cage FALLING TOWARDS STORM'S BODY. BAMF!

BAMF! She disappears in a cloud of smoke as Toad's cage SMASHES into the ground.

Storm comes to. She and the kids stare in awe at Nightcrawler, who lies on the ground, trying to catch his breath.

JONES
I...think I have to throw up.

Abaddon said:
Most kids hit puberty at about 12,so I'd say those kids fit the bill.
just cause those kids hit puberty still doesn't mean their powers would have manifested themselves. ever heard of a "late bloomer?"
OR...for further proof, think back to Rogue in X1. she was 17-18 when her powers finally manifested themselves. just because a kid is in the pubescent age group doesn't mean they're developing at the same rate.

newwaveboy87 said:
just cause those kids hit puberty still doesn't mean their powers would have manifested themselves. ever heard of a "late bloomer?"
OR...for further proof, think back to Rogue in X1. she was 17-18 when her powers finally manifested themselves. just because a kid is in the pubescent age group doesn't mean they're developing at the same rate.

Well maybe those students just happened to manifest their abilities at about the same time.They weren't all the same age.

indeed.
but a majority of those kids in the X-mansion raid looked awfully young. the oldest ones were trying to help them escape....and haven't i already explained this before....?

*walks away*

I think we're walking in circles.The point is while many of them appeared young,they all were able to manifest their abilities.The end.

indeed.
i also feel like people are walking in circles when they ***** and moan about cameos from the likes of Quill and Arclight. it's just a cameo to flesh out the world. calm down.

Well theyre more extended than cameos,but I get your point.I'd rather see them,than have Gambit and Psylocke as ****ty background characters with no lines.

EXACTLY!
why put a good/entertaining fan favorite in for a 3 second cameo instead of some lower tier character who could just do something visual interesting and then go away?

message boards are where logic comes to die. who is with me?

Abaddon said:
Well theyre more extended than cameos,but I get your point.I'd rather see them,than have Gambit and Psylocke as ****ty background characters with no lines.

we can expect that psylock will have those one-liners like w/ lady deathsrike... sighs! and gambit... never existed. ;)

Abaddon said:

No kidding. I agree.

berzerko89 said:
we can expect that psylock will have those one-liners like w/ lady deathsrike... sighs! and gambit... never existed. ;)

Deathstrike only had one line.:rolleyes::down

What a waste of a character.Singer sickens me.:mad:

Mystique only had one line in X1 and yet everyone remembered her.
same thing applies to Deathstryke.

Abaddon said:
Deathstrike only had one line.:rolleyes::down

What a waste of a character.Singer sickens me.:mad:

poor kelly hu, she got paid for almost saying nothing... even if she had a line they should put more sense into it not the "What are you doing?!" line. sighs!

they should have added some lines in the wolvie vs lady d fight.

anyway, life must go on, thank god singer left. :p

newwaveboy87 said:

dude, who would not remember a blue naked babe?

newwaveboy87 said:

That bothered me as well.In the comics Mystique is much more than a henchwoman.Its like Singer wanted to make all the women in the movie appear weaker than their comic counterparts.Its femasculation.:o:down

berzerko89 said:
poor kelly hu, she got paid for almost saying nothing... even if she had a line they should put more sense into it not the "What are you doing?!" line. sighs!

they should have added some lines in the wolvie vs lady d fight.

anyway, life must go on, thank god singer left. :p

No doubt he wouldve made Emma somebody's *****.

Abaddon said:
That bothered me as well.In the comics Mystique is much more than a henchwoman.Its like Singer wanted to make all the women in the movie appear weaker than their comic counterparts.Its femasculation.:o:down
while they might have been mostly mute, both women were the two biggest ass kickers in the films.

newwaveboy87 said:
a gay guy who doesn't care about that sort of thing?

lol. dont tell me your gay?! :eek:

but if ratner had directed the two previous films would he surpass singers vision?

his vision would probably be those classic colorful tight uniform w/ childish effects. sighs! but i doubt it, ratners a great director he is a same as singer (he's not gay though), but he would have made it more TRUE to the COmics than what singer had envisiond.

newwaveboy87 said:
while they might have been mostly mute, both women were the two biggest ass kickers in the films.

True.

berzerko89 said:
lol. dont tell me your gay?! :eek:

but if ratner had directed the two previous films would he surpass singers vision?

his vision would probably be those classic colorful tight uniform w/ childish effects. sighs! but i doubt it, ratners a great director he is a same as singer (he's not gay though), but he would have made it more TRUE to the COmics than what singer had envisiond.
i prefer the black leather look actually. the X-Men are a team, and need to look like one. that was always my problem with the comics they never looked like a team, more like a bunch of hodge podge people thrown together. variations on a theme are nice in my opinion.

actually...i prefer the more reality based take on the X-franchise. i wouldn't want things like Mojo, Apocalypse, The Brood, Shi'iar, Imperial Guard, or Starjammers in the movies. those are just some examples.

yes, i'm a homo. you must have joined shortly before or after i took my 4 month hype break.

newwaveboy87 said:
i prefer the black leather look actually. the X-Men are a team, and need to look like one. that was always my problem with the comics they never looked like a team, more like a bunch of hodge podge people thrown together. variations on a theme are nice in my opinion.

actually...i prefer the more reality based take on the X-franchise. i wouldn't want things like Mojo, Apocalypse, The Brood, Shi'iar, Imperial Guard, or Starjammers in the movies. those are just some examples.

yes, i'm a homo. you must have joined shortly before or after i took my 4 month hype break.

no offense dude. ;)

nyway, i would have sticked to bryans vision with brett as the director, lol. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"