Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Rise, Dawn, and War are among the best trilogies of all time. All three are near perfection. I just think the titles for Rise and Dawn should've been reversed. The first movie is more of a "Dawn" IMO.

Also, I just read that this new film has a title already... Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes? If this is true, I like it!

I thought you meant Matt Reeves when you said MR :thf:

My bad, the director of the Maze Runner films is directing this. That’s why I mentioned that.

I love War and Dawn, even Rise, I forget sometimes Rupert Wyatt directed that, though.

My bad, the director of the Maze Runner films is directing this. That’s why I mentioned that.

I love War and Dawn, even Rise, I forget sometimes Rupert Wyatt directed that, though.
Yeah I didn't even think about that until after. I like the Maze Runner trilogy for what they are. I'm not sure I like any single one more than the other

The first is very good and looks great! The next two are pretty boring and ugly.

Not to sound like a broken record, but fingers crossed Serkis is in this, as he was in Wes Ball’s adaptation of Mouse Guard before Disney cancelled it.

Happy to see some movement on this. The last trilogy was phenomenal. Hope WETA comes back.

The last trilogy is one of the best ever for me. So this has a lot to live up to, but Ball is promising director and I liked all 3 MR movies.

The screenplay is by Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver and Patrick Aison. Joe Hartwick Jr, Jaffa, Silver and Jason Reed are the film’s producers, with Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping exec producing.

As for the casting process, while Teague was a top choice from the jump, the lead human has a long process that has been pursued by a longer list of rising stars in this town. In recent weeks, Allan tested several times including a final audition in front of Ball as he was scouting locations. She would eventually land the role.

Disney needs to have a rerelease of the trilogy before this new one. Recreate this with Caesar lol

Go_Ape_1974_linen_original_film_art_f_1200x.jpg

Awesome title, Freya Allen is great and so happy this is in continuity with the Caesar trilogy, can’t wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"