Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

With Disney now spearheading more movies and Marvel using the POTA comics license, this **** better show up on Disney+…

I think the Maze Runner trilogy is actually really underrated. I'm really happy this is still moving forward with Wes Ball attached.

Wonder where the story will go next

Never watched the Maze Runner movies, so I can’t judge Ball’s involvement in this. However, Reeves made the series feel so grounded and dark which I will miss desperately because I’m sure the new trilogy won’t look and feel that way.

Never watched the Maze Runner movies, so I can’t judge Ball’s involvement in this. However, Reeves made the series feel so grounded and dark which I will miss desperately because I’m sure the new trilogy won’t look and feel that way.
I mean we really have no evidence to say that it won't. I'm not talking about quality but there's nothing out there yet, I don't think, to say that Ball's movies won't also have the same feel

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2022/0...-description-teases-ties-matt-reeves-trilogy/

Many generations after the passing of Caesar, ape societies thrive among the remnants of what was once human civilization. The only humans left are nothing more than rudimentary pests, feral, and rarely seen. Meanwhile, apes are entering their Bronze Age, and difterent ape Cultures are beginning to emerge. While some ape societies have never even heard of Caesar, others have completely perverted his teachings for their own gain. PROXIMUS CAESAR, a powerful Ape leader, is at the verge of a breakthrough for his blossoming kingdom – he has discovered the last vestiges of human technology but its seealed away beneath the earth and will require enlisting many apes to excavate its treasures. Proximus sends a team of marauders, led by SYLVA, on a mission to bring him the ape-power needed to make his dreams a reality. NOA, a youg ape trom the idyllic and peaceful Eagle Clan, watches as his village is destroyed and his people taken by these marauders. Noa embarks on a journey to liberate his people, and along the way teams up with a wise orangutan, RAKA, and a human, who may not be who she seems. While Noa will expand his world-view and embark on self-discovery of his own, he could never predict what this human is capable of, for Mae has a goal of her own stop Proximus at all costs and do whatever it takes to keep the human species going..and plant the seeds for the return of human dominance…

Take it with some salt. Daniel Richtman reported this, and he’s hit or miss with his scoops.

It'd be cool to see Serkis play a completely different ape, maybe even this Proxima.

I love how after Caesar's sacrifice, you go in the opposite direction of what he intended. Is this Proxima even related to Caesar? Interesting stuff.

I lean towards buying this because this is too interesting for a fan to make up.

It'd be cool to see Serkis play a completely different ape, maybe even this Proxima.

I love how after Caesar's sacrifice, you go in the opposite direction of what he intended. Is this Proxima even related to Caesar? Interesting stuff.

I also find it interesting how if this is legit, some aren’t even aware of Caesar’s existence.

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2022/0...-description-teases-ties-matt-reeves-trilogy/

Take it with some salt. Daniel Richtman reported this, and he’s hit or miss with his scoops.

So, by saying that she’s not what she seems, they don’t know what she is capable of and she wants to help bring human civilization back to dominance, could she be a telepath, and this trilogy is doing its own twist on the “Beneath the Planet of the Apes” premise and the mutants? Because that would be really interesting.

Maybe, in this version, instead of nuclear fallout, a small percentage of humans who got the virus not only survived, but evolved over time to develop telepathy, and possibly other abilities. Or, maybe some of the humans who lost the ability to speak from the second virus strain evolved over centuries to communicate with their minds to compensate.

Either way, I’m really fascinated to see where they go with this.

After watching this demo reel for The Mouse Guard, and reading the rumoured synopsis, I’m much more intrigued now.

Last edited:
So, by saying that she’s not what she seems, they don’t know what she is capable of and she wants to help bring human civilization back to dominance, could she be a telepath, and this trilogy is doing its own twist on the “Beneath the Planet of the Apes” premise and the mutants? Because that would be really interesting.

Maybe, in this version, instead of nuclear fallout, a small percentage of humans who got the virus not only survived, but evolved over time to develop telepathy, and possibly other abilities. Or, maybe some of the humans who lost the ability to speak from the second virus strain evolved over centuries to communicate with their minds to compensate.

Either way, I’m really fascinated to see where they go with this.

I haven’t seen that one yet, sounds very intriguing.

Would be very interesting if they went in that direction.

Put it on Disney+, dammit.

The human technology is either a nuke or a way to control America's missle silos. Got to be.

Honestly, I don't even need a human character in these films. The trilogy proved that apes can carry this franchise and their society's development is far more interesting than watching a human try repeatedly to overthrow the apes.

I watched Montana Story a while back and Owen Teague was incredible in it.

Still have to check the MR trilogy, even though I heard the last two films are not as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"