Knights of the Old Republic - The Motion Picture Trilogy

I wish they would do something with the New Jedi Order or Legacy of the Force or hell almost any of the EU. There is so much untapped potential there

I wanna see a new Rogue Squadron game taking place during the Yuuzhan Vong War...
And KOTOR as a film series...I dunno...I'd rather see a TV series.
I think Lucas should leave The Force Unleashed as the events that happen between ROTS and ANH, and go with the KOTOR.
It has so much more potential than that other era. You have 5000 years of history compared to 20. You could get new casts every few seasons, make it take place hundreds of years later every few seasons...

I agree Speedball Id give my left nut to see anything from the Yuuzhan Vong War or anything from the Legacy comics. Imagine seeing Darth Krayt on the big screen that would be jawdroppingly awesome

:whatever:

A New Hope would have been so much better if it was gritty and dark. As would every movie ever made. Violent and dark means something is of high quality and mature.
People, don't forget, you can't just make it dark and violent. The screen must always appear as though covered in a thin layer of poo too. :woot:

On topic, while I admit to not being a big EU buff (not as much as someone I know), I'd like to see a few episodes set after RotJ. They've got so much to work with there in terms of EU novels, games, etc.

I also agree that a KOTOR movie or series would be excellent, allowing for much more creative freedom (especially as there is little in the EU about this time, or at least not to my knowledge). It would also allow for lots of Jedi vs Sith stuff (they'd be after ratings, duh).

I'd prefer George Lucas to produce as opposed to write and direct. He seems to have lost the magic (or the Force?).

There's a lot out there in the SW universe that could be turned into great movie, miniseries and series material. Only hinderance I see is George, though it's his baby and he has to limit it's output for some level of quality control.

After The Phantom Menace I don't think George Lucas and the term quality control should be mentioned in the same sentence.

After The Phantom Menace I don't think George Lucas and the term quality control should be mentioned in the same sentence.

Lucas made Star Wars mainly to a kids audience (because of money hunger).
But look at Ep. III...
PG-13 and it gives so much maturity than any other SW movie.
But, still, it's too much immature for my taste.
The KOTOR trilogy must be made and must be "R" rated work.

Lucas made Star Wars mainly to a kids audience (because of money hunger).
But look at Ep. III...
PG-13 and it gives so much maturity than any other SW movie.
But, still, it's too much immature for my taste.

I enjoyed A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, but the remainder of the series I could take or leave. Especially the prequels. George, all the young actors in Hollywood would've given their right arm to play Anakin Skywalker, and you cast quite possibly the worst actor in the past decade. What's the matter with you?

Umm... No it doesn't.

I don't see how you'd justify that, it's no more violent or dark than ROTS. An R rated Star Wars will never happen and in my opinion doesn't need to.

Umm... No it doesn't.

I don't see how you'd justify that, it's no more violent or dark than ROTS. An R rated Star Wars will never happen and in my opinion doesn't need to.

I'm with you on this one.

One of the biggest audiences for Star Wars are children. By not letting them see it, it would lose alot of money.

If they ever did the New Jedi Order it just might hafta be R because the Yuuzhan Vong are the definition of viscious

If it was rated R it wouldn't make a profit. Star Wars needs kids.

One question: Does Carth die?

If not, then **** this idea.

If it was rated R it wouldn't make a profit. Star Wars needs kids.

I agree Im just stating that the Yuuzhan Vong are totally viscious and it would be hard to adapt them accurately with a pg13 rating although i believe it could be done

Well haven't played it in a while, but if you chose Dark Side...I think you can kill him, I sure you can.

Lightside he lives.

Carth lives either way if memory serves me right, Dark Side he runs off, Light side he stays with you.

In Part 1: you can kill Carth near the end if you are a Female Dark Sider

I agree Speedball Id give my left nut to see anything from the Yuuzhan Vong War or anything from the Legacy comics. Imagine seeing Darth Krayt on the big screen that would be jawdroppingly awesome
God...He's be this massive monster!
I'd also like to see Darth Nihilus, he's gotta be one of the creepiest villians from any game. He was WAY too easy in the game, though.
I'd just like to see who they have playing Han and Leia's kids.
In one image, they have River Phoenix as Jacen and a young Jonathan Brandis as Anakin...which kinda foreshadows what happens in the story... (They die young). I always found the image kinda creepy...

Well, Canonically, Revan is a male and it's lightside..so he'd live.
The Exile from the second game is a woman and lightside...

God...He's be this massive monster!
I'd also like to see Darth Nihilus, he's gotta be one of the creepiest villians from any game. He was WAY too easy in the game, though.
I'd just like to see who they have playing Han and Leia's kids.
In one image, they have River Phoenix as Jacen and a young Jonathan Brandis as Anakin...which kinda foreshadows what happens in the story... (They die young). I always found the image kinda creepy...
Nihilus would be extremely kool to see. I think James Mcavoy would be a good Jacen and Rachel Leigh Cook for Jaina dont know bout Anakin Solo. Ive always though Colm Meany from Deep Space 9 would be perfect for Corran Horn but hes prolly to old now

Nihilus would be extremely kool to see. I think James Mcavoy would be a good Jacen and Rachel Leigh Cook for Jaina dont know bout Anakin Solo. Ive always though Colm Meany from Deep Space 9 would be perfect for Corran Horn but hes prolly to old now
I've always wanted to see a TV show about the Jedi Knights from the books.
Corran Horn, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Saba Sebatyne, people like them...McAvoy and Cook would be old enough to be Jacen and Jaina in the books actually...:csad:

yea a tv show would be great if it was based on njo or lotf

Am I the only one who thinks that if they ever decide to continue making Star Wars films, they should take place AFTER the the events of Return of the Jedi? Personally, I don't need any more explanations of "what has gone before" especially considering that all of the "old" technology in these prequels looks far superior to what was in the original series.

It'll never happen because...

1) It's a great story.
2) Lucas didn't write it.

Am I the only one who thinks that if they ever decide to continue making Star Wars films, they should take place AFTER the the events of Return of the Jedi? Personally, I don't need any more explanations of "what has gone before" especially considering that all of the "old" technology in these prequels looks far superior to what was in the original series.

I disagree, I want old republic, we've seen so much of the future in books and games, and now we are getting a clone wars tv show, I say lets go back to the Old Republic and see what it was like then, and the Jedi and Sith in them days, like the video games. They had some great villains and characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"