Kong: Skull Island - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to leave the film when the credits started to roll. What was the after credits scene?

Archive scenes of cave paintings with Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah and Rodan.

Vogt-Robers with the remains of the original Kong model.

C9wah-4UMAAHNeJ.jpg

Kind of off topic af, but I want him to do the Mass Effect movie. Legendary has the rights. And he's clearly a fan. Watch this.

[YT]FCF7RkZl0Zg[/YT]

This was definitely an inspiration for the Sam L vs Kong rivalry.

Vogt-Robers with the remains of the original Kong model.

C9wah-4UMAAHNeJ.jpg

I can't make up my mind on which is more impressive: the remains of the original Kong model or Vogt-Roberts' beard.

He looks like he should star in Peter Jackson's upcoming film, Middle-Earth Origins: Gandalf.

Haha he'd totally fit right in.

Speaking of Vogt-Roberts, I'm still hoping he gets offered GVKK. Keeping my fingers crossed on that.

He's already doing MGS next, ain't it?

Worldwide total as of today: $558,533,946

Really impressed with the performance of this one. Was initially worried it wouldn't do well to warrant a sequel post-Godzilla vs King Kong but it's good to see there was a lot of interest in this one. Still hope it crosses $600 million soon.

Happy to see it performing so well. Enjoyed it even more the second time around and whatever nitpicks I might have had simply faded away.

Really impressed with the performance of this one. Was initially worried it wouldn't do well to warrant a sequel post-Godzilla vs King Kong but it's good to see there was a lot of interest in this one. Still hope it crosses $600 million soon.

Any chance it crosses 600 million?

Yeah really good to see it doing well. Would be interested to see where they go with the sequel. As they could set it either before or after the VS movie.

Haha he'd totally fit right in.

Speaking of Vogt-Roberts, I'm still hoping he gets offered GVKK. Keeping my fingers crossed on that.

he did an interview with SJ saying he was done with the Monsterverse

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/04/24/junkie-xl-to-score-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters/

Really disappointed Junkie XL will be scoring the Godzilla sequel. Despot's score for the first film was amazing and one of my favorites of 2014. I would've loved to see him expand on his themes in a sequel, especially since the only other time he's done that is with Harry Potter.

It's not that Junkie is a bad composer (I actually quite like his work on 300 and Mad Max) but he's nowhere in the same league as Desplat. He's adequate but not very inventive, and uses the same sound palette (and sometimes even similar themes) in all of his movies.

I hope his hiring isn't indicative of the film's overall quality.

A score is never indicative of an entire film's quality.

There exist good films with just decent or mediocre scores, bad films with good scores, and so on and so on. They don't determine what the rest of the film is like.

A score is never indicative of an entire film's quality.

There exist good films with just decent or mediocre scores, bad films with good scores, and so on and so on. They don't determine what the rest of the film is like.

Sure, great films have been made that didn't feature a great score or even a good one. But usually those are smaller, independent art films. When it comes to a big blockbuster, most of the time the good ones also have good scores.

Now, there are plenty big budget movies that are terrible but feature great scores, but very seldomly does a big FX driven picture fair well without a memorable score. Usually when a film like that is being made by competent and creative filmmakers, they also take care to make sure something as important as the score is as well crafted as the rest of the project.

Luckily this won't be the case with Godzilla 2. Dougherty has dismissed the report on twitter.

Eh, I'd argue the Marvel films are great examples of good films with mostly mediocre scores.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/04/24/junkie-xl-to-score-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters/

Really disappointed Junkie XL will be scoring the Godzilla sequel. Despot's score for the first film was amazing and one of my favorites of 2014. I would've loved to see him expand on his themes in a sequel, especially since the only other time he's done that is with Harry Potter.

It's not that Junkie is a bad composer (I actually quite like his work on 300 and Mad Max) but he's nowhere in the same league as Desplat. He's adequate but not very inventive, and uses the same sound palette (and sometimes even similar themes) in all of his movies.

I hope his hiring isn't indicative of the film's overall quality.
Bates scored 300 if I'm not mistaken.

Bates did 300 and the whole controversy surrounding that. I still just don't get how junkie keeps getting all this work. Good composer sure, but not great. Not at all. Flavor of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"