Kong: Skull Island - Part 4

The final boss fight between Kong and the Alpha Skull Crawler is easily the best monster/kaiju fight in the MonsterVerse.

It was so dynamic and visceral. I remember when I watched this in theaters I was on the edge of my seat and I wanted Kong to kill that motherf**ker so bad lol.

Yeah to me the saddest thing about this whole situation is Vogt-Roberts not getting a bunch of offers after the success of this movie. I still believe the guy did a great job directing this even if people had issues with the characters. To me they were likable enough and I didn't need much more than that for this movie. He wanted to do something a lot different than the past Kong films and that's pretty much what we got. This movie just oozes a ton of visual style and the character work for Reilly and Jackson is better than what people give it credit for IMO. I'm honestly still kind of hurt that that couldn't get him back for Godzilla vs. Kong. I would have loved to see what he could have done with Godzilla, especially when it comes to the monster/kaiju battles.

Netflix Orders 'Skull Island,' 'Tomb Raider' Anime Series

Legendary Television's Skull Island will see a group of shipwrecked characters trying to escape a dangerous and mysterious island. Brian Duffield, known for Underwater and The Babysitter, will write and executive produce. Jacob Robinson also executive produces via his Tractor Pants banner. Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind Castlevania, is also behind the project.

King Kong fans are being well-fed this year. :up:

Ugggh, couldn't they have gotten a different animation studio.

Skull Island anime first look image, synopsis and more

The new series comes from executive producers Brian Duffield and Jacob Robinson. Duffield will write along with executive produce. He previously worked on the screenplay for the Kristen Stewart-led thriller Underwater (2020) and he also wrote the script for the Netflix slasher film The Babysitter(2017) starring Samara Weaving. Robinson will produce under his company Tractor Pants.

Skull Island is a co-production between Legendary Television with Netflix Animation, Powerhouse Animation and Tractor Pants Productions. Legendary has previously collaborated with Netflix on projects like Lost in Space, Love and Pacific Rim: The Black. Next, Legendary will work with Netflix Animation again in co-production with dj2 Entertainment and Square Enix to create a Tomb Raider anime series.

What is the Skull Island anime about?
From Netflix, Skull Island is “a thrilling animated adventure series, follow[ing] shipwrecked characters desperate to escape the most dangerous place on Earth—a mysterious island home to prehistoric monsters, including the greatest Titan of them all, Kong.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"