Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

Dgtp-iCXUAAMlNm.jpg

Nice. We have our Dr. Barbara Minerva. The academic's outfit and glasses suit Wigg nicely, and we can see here that she's standing in an African animal exhibit in a museum, foreshadowing who she will become.

I hope she's not mousey or timid though, otherwise that will be a bit of a cliche. There are some lecturers and academics who look like that and aren't timid at all but quite stern and no-nonsense.

Nice first look. It's something to tide us over at least. Can't wait to see her in full Cheetah mode.

An archeologist who gets possessed by an artifact? What could go wrong?

Enchantress_Dance.gif

Is this the return of the nerdy character who’s pushed aside by the hero and then cracks, turns evil and vows revenge on all those who ignored them?

Is this the return of the nerdy character who’s pushed aside by the hero and then cracks, turns evil and vows revenge on all those who ignored them?

I seriously hope not, because that character trope would be a cliche and has never even left us for very long.

I don't think so. Diana and Barbara Ann Minerva were friends in the Rebirth arc, weren't they?

If people don't want to see tropes I suggest they stop seeing genre films in general and super hero films in particular. They'll sleep better at night.

Some tropes work better than others.

I think they start out as friends.. It won't be WW fault, when they do have a falling out.. It's going to be something similar to rebirth, she blames WW for her transformation because she couldn't save her.. WW might be inadvertently responsible, something along those lines..

I can see a Harvey Dent from TDK style situation happening. Something of a tragic fall through no fault of her own were she ends up blaming Diana. It has to end with her dying in that case IMO.

first thing that came to my mind when i look at this picture. I hope your wrong though. Its been done too many times.

I like how the only real feature of the picture that points in the direction that you guys think it does... is glasses.

I hope they don’t make a joke that she looks like a cat lady

No way would Patty have WW put Barbara down in a disrespectful way, like she's not good enough.. I can see Barbara feeling that way on her own, It won't be WW or anyone else in the movie that's cause her to feel that way..

I like how the only real feature of the picture that points in the direction that you guys think it does... is glasses.

It is easy to make the assumption but you are correct. They could very well be going with Minerva's original backstory of being a selfish and manipulative archeologist.

Whether its true to comic character or not - I'd rather Barbera be "trapped" in Cheetah and have WW trying to rescue her.

It's not really the glasses at all actually. It's the hairstyle and rather dowdy clothing. I like how you've picked out the feature that least points in that direction.

A “Jim Carrey as The Riddler”/“Jaime Foxx as Electro” type would be in good company next to Lundendorff and Doctor Poison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"