The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Kurtzman and Orci influence on TASM

The people who wrote the cartoon shouldn't write a Spider-Man film. At least not until we get a Batman film written by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini first.

Seriously what was the point of the airplane sequence? And I mean all the stuff with Richard Parker was dropped midway through the movie.

I mean they could've really cut all of that.

On Kurtzman directing Venom, I'm a bit wary on that...since he has never directed an action movie before.

I love Venom but why does he need a movie why can't he just appear in a Spider-Man movie

Seriously what was the point of the airplane sequence? And I mean all the stuff with Richard Parker was dropped midway through the movie.

I mean they could've really cut all of that.

Yeah, I didn't care for the airplane sequence. In a movie overstuffed with plot points, you need to lose ones that don't mean anything.

Having Kurtzman direct Venom is like having Goyer direct Flash.

Terrible idea.

This film seems more like it was made for little children to be honest.

This film seems more like it was made for little children to be honest.

I think that's insulting to kids movies. Heck, (some) kids movies have been among the best in the last couple decades.

This movie most certainly does not measure up.

Having Kurtzman direct Venom is like having Goyer direct Flash.

Terrible idea.

I hope clearer heads prevail at Sony before they make a big blunder by placing this Venom film into the wrong hands.

It may not be a perfect comparison, but I think of Wally Pfister (Nolan's longtime cinematographer) who was given the directing chair on Johnny Depp's Transcendence. You know, the recent flop.

Got to go with proven directors, not a hail mary on inexperienced ones looking to cut their teeth. Especially when the studio is in financial peril like Sony reportedly is.

TASM shows Webb can direct the film well, there are many well directed parts in that film, I love the spidey sewer trap scene, but It always seems to be writing problems, I think it was writing problems that held back TASM, from the deleted scenes and concept art that there were Bigger ideas thereto at just for some reason didn't come about for incredibly unknown reasons

Last edited:
TASM shows Webb can direct the film well, there are many well directed parts in that film, I love the spidey sewer trap scene, but It always seems to be writing problems, I think it was writing problems that held back TASM, from the deleted scenes and concept art that there was Bigger ideas there just for some reason didn't come about for incredibly unknown reasons

My guess on that is too many cooks in the kitchen syndrome, or creative interference. I've always wished to see the version of TASM Webb intended to make. Same may be said for TASM2.

I enjoyed Orci and Kurtzman's comic influence on the film.
- Peter being techy with his web shooters
- Having the intro be Spidey wiping out Aleksei only to have him appear at the very end as Rhino
- Max Dillon

See this is why when Ben Affleck was announced as Batman, I was happy. Man of Steel's story and screenplay was bad because of Goyer. I knew Ben would rewrite it or be involved in rewriting. Now we have Oscar winning writer, Chris Terrio, onboard rewriting Goyer's mess.

It's simple, cast Ben Affleck in TASM3.

:doh:

And we still don't have proof that Affleck was the reason why this happened. It's been noted that Terrio has a relationship with WB.

I enjoyed Orci and Kurtzman's comic influence on the film.
- Peter being techy with his web shooters
- Having the intro be Spidey wiping out Aleksei only to have him appear at the very end as Rhino
- Max Dillon

That is also true. Don't forget that this is the first time we got the perfect Spider-man.

IMO, this was the first script of Kurtzman and Orci that was just really lacking. At least with Transformers, you could blame the blatant Bayisms in the film for the lack of quality or in Star Trek into Darkness with Lindelof making things needlessly convoluted like he always does. But this one the script is just lacking. Even with the stuff that Sony wanted put into it to create an expanded universe, they still could have been a better job.

Honestly, I don't think Kurtzman and Orci are really to blame all that much. I've heard the two of them referred to as "producer writers". Meaning, the studio hires them to write the script, tells them everything they want in it, and then their job is to write a (somewhat) coherent script with everything they were asked to include. In this case, Sony brought them on, told them to throw in way too much ****ing garbage and then they made...this. Not that they didn't have ANY influence, but truthfully, I feel like an original Spider-Man script created from scratch by Kurtzman and Orci would be better than what we got. Sony just doesn't understand what they're doing.

How many good movies have them 2 writers hit a win with? Transformers was one I remember was pretty well liked at the time sort of, the sequel was received worse, Star Trek did very well and into darkness has done well also although the hardcore Fans seem to have issues with the movie

Cowboys vs aliens wasn't very well recieved either and that was from the director of iron man

Star Trek has been their biggest movie

How many good movies have them 2 writers hit a win with? Transformers was one I remember was pretty well liked at the time sort of, the sequel was received worse, Star Trek did very well and into darkness has done well also although the hardcore Fans seem to have issues with the movie

Cowboys vs aliens wasn't very well recieved either and that was from the director of iron man

Star Trek has been their biggest movie

Don't forget that they wrote the second TF film during the writers' strike (?). I think that had something to do on how that film turned out.

Who do you want as the new writer or writers for that matter?

Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman. They've both worked together on X-Men: First Class, X-Men: DOFP and Kick-ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"