Lack of young black actors in Hollywood these days!

Eros

Superhero
Reaction score
Hello, as I young black man, I just noticed something, their seems to be a very huge lacking of up and coming young black actors [18 to 25] in Hollywood these days. I cannot name one, that has co-starred or starred in a Hollywood picture in recent years. Whos gonna be the next wesley snipes, or Denzel etc?

you're a lil early on the black orientated threads, it's only a month till martin luthor king day...

at least wait till then when there's the normal rush...

*yawn*
:o

ps, when will anyone ever start a thread on the lack of aboriginees in any form of media...?

Hello, as I young black man, I just noticed something, their seems to be a very huge lacking of up and coming young black actors [18 to 25] in Hollywood these days. I cannot name one, that has co-starred or starred in a Hollywood picture in recent years. Whos gonna be the next wesley snipes, or Denzel etc?

There are plenty. Also, considering that African Americans make up only about 13% of the population, what do you expect is going to happen? There's also a lack of young black plumbers, scientists and school teachers...

Hill Harper, Omar Epps (even though he's got a regular gig on House), Morris Chestnutt have all put in a lot of time. I wanna start seeing them in some Densel-caliber stuff.

EDIT: I guess none of these guys are in the actual age range you were referring to.

So I'll add, I'm keeping my eye on Columbus Short.

Thats how hollywood is. They would rather just give black roles to rappers and not have to find any new talent. And turn generic white women into "SEXY HOT SUPER STARS". Hopefully as whites become the minority things will become more balanced.

Thats how hollywood is. They would rather just give black roles to rappers and not have to find any new talent. And turn generic white women into "SEXY HOT SUPER STARS". Hopefully as whites become the minority things will become more balanced.

All races will become minorities as all races melt into each other over time. You don't seriously consider a white woman and a black man the parents of 'black' children, do you?

There are plenty. Also, considering that African Americans make up only about 13% of the population, what do you expect is going to happen? There's also a lack of young black plumbers, scientists and school teachers...

But blacks are the main contributers to american culture. They have created numerous fashion,musical, and linguistic trends. A vast majority of american culture begins in black inner cities. They should have a lot more representation and say. It isnt fair that untalented generic actors/actresses get more opportunities just because they are white.

All races will become minorities as all races melt into each other over time. You don't seriously consider a white woman and a black man the parents of 'black' children, do you?

I know they arent but that is how american society treats them, and thats what they will identify themselves as.

Maybe because there aren't that many good actors. I mean, come on, do you honestly expect Tyrese to become the next Denzel or Will Smith?

lol, this is the first Christmas I've ever seen where there are like 3 "No Whites Allowed" Black Christmas movies.

And if Will Smith/Denzel/Jamie Fox/Don Cheadle/Sam Jackson/Morgan Freeman, etc. don't count, because you want NEW, "up-and-coming" actors.....I'd be curious to hear,...who are all the up-and-coming White guys who are rising up to take the place of Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Matt Damon, etc. ?

But blacks are the main contributers to american culture. They have created numerous fashion,musical, and linguistic trends. A vast majority of american culture begins in black inner cities. They should have a lot more representation and say. It isnt fair that untalented generic actors/actresses get more opportunities just because they are white.

Umm, no, saying that blacks are the 'main' contributors to American culture is a gross exaggeration. They may be the 'main' contributers to the part of the American culture that is black, but they certainly do not contribute in any large degree to the 'main' part of the American culture that is white, asian, latino or any other ethic group.

lol, this is the first Christmas I've ever seen where there are like 3 "No Whites Allowed" Black Christmas movies.

And if Will Smith/Denzel/Jamie Fox/Don Cheadle/Sam Jackson/Morgan Freeman, etc. don't count, because you want NEW, "up-and-coming" actors.....I'd be curious to hear,...who are all the up-and-coming White guys who are rising up to take the place of Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Matt Damon, etc. ?

"This Chirstman" the no whites allowed movie has a black male/white female couple. Shia Lebouf,Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch, Hayden Christansen, Michael Cera, Freedy highmore, Garret Hedlund, Benjamin Mckenzie, Adam Brody, Vincent Karhtesier, Shawn Hatosy, Shawn Ashmore, Timothy Olyphant, Jonathan Rhys Meyers Davis, and hundreds more. Can you name black actors/actresses under 21 that are up and coming like thses guys? Didnt think so.

:whatever:

Umm, no, saying that blacks are the 'main' contributors to American culture is a gross exaggeration. They may be the 'main' contributers to the part of the American culture that is black, but they certainly do not contribute in any large degree to the 'main' part of the American culture that is white, asian, latino or any other ethic group.

Are you serious? You dont think blacks have had any impact what so ever on mainstream american culture? Who in your opinion has shaped american culture the most. And if you think it's whites what is white culture?

Are you serious? You dont think blacks have had any impact what so ever on mainstream american culture?
You're either a Troll playing a role to stir up some fun argument, or you have some problems with race, because you're brain is flipping out.

Not for a billionth of a second did he say they "haven't had any impact whatsoever".
He, very clearly, said they aren't the M.A.I.N. influence.
dude :o

I also think it's amusing how people of your ilk will simultaneously say there is an unfair Caucasian stranglehold on all media and entertainment, the Whites run everything, they get all the play, they get all the jobs........but, they have no culture.

LOL

CUckoo
CUckoo

Please whatever you do. Take them back. Whitetopia doesn't want them anymore. Fo sho.

Their has to be a main influence. Who is it? What does success have to do with culture? I thought white americans success came from years of genocide,slavery,discrimation,unfair trading policies,ect. Not from having a superior culture. Some "ethnic whites" like italians,irish,ect have retained some of their culture. But what common culture connects a white floridian, and white californian?

Are you serious? You dont think blacks have had any impact what so ever on mainstream american culture? Who in your opinion has shaped american culture the most. And if you think it's whites what is white culture?

Of course I believe they've had an impact, but the 'main' impact? No.

Their has to be a main influence. Who is it? What does success have to do with culture? I thought white americans success came from years of genocide,slavery,discrimation,unfair trading policies,ect. Not from having a superior culture. Some "ethnic whites" like italians,irish,ect have retained some of their culture. But what common culture connects a white floridian, and white californian?

Yeah, so the only successes that whites have experienced have been through genocide, slavery, discrimination and unfair trading policies.

Wow, I've now seen the light...

Yeah, so the only successes that whites have experienced have been through genocide, slavery, discrimination and unfair trading policies.

Wow, I've now seen the light...

Dont put words in my mouth. I know that their are plenty of hardworking whites who earned thier place in life. But you are kidding yourself if you dont think that those past events havent had a positive impact on white americans as a whole.

Of course I believe they've had an impact, but the 'main' impact? No.
So wait! You're saying we should catch Black people in nets, grind them up in giant machines and make pâté out of them?!? :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"