Superman Returns Ladies and Gents...I SAW IT!

Horizon

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm really not one to start threads, but I thought this would be worth it. I work as a designer and our company was invited to a pre-screening of Superman Returns. I gotta say...IT WAS AMAZING! It worked so well with the first and second film...didn’t say too much or too little about it which was nice. From the same credit font at the beginning of the movie, the same "safest way to travel" speech... to the fly and smile at the fans at the end, it worked really well as the third film we have all wanted. I was abit confused though...I haven’t been crazy about reading everything I could about the film, as I wanted to be somewhat surprised when I saw it...but I remember hearing that we would see bits of Krypton floating in space which wasn’t in the film, there was no Ben Hubberd (remember seeing a "I hear you flew in last night..." - wasn’t in the film) guess these were cut and will be on the DVD...which will be fun to see.

Anyway this film lived up to every expectation that I had...and I had ALOT!

Just thought you guys may like to know how good it was :D

Cheers

-H

Good to hear. Did Spacey do a good job?

Its well worth going man. Wed's isnt too far away...4 more sleeps haha:p

I bought my tickets today (well, Saturday...its 1 am now) for the Tuesday night show

Horizon said:
lol Dude...Spacey was GREAT!

I've heard from people that have seen the movie that Spacey WILL be nominated for an Academy Award for his performance, but alas, lilke almost all (if not all) comic movies, he doesn't stand a chance at winning, since "serious" H'Wood types look down their noses at comic movies. But what gets all, is that SPacey is one of the best and most "serious" actors out there. GO figure.

not_a_victim said:
I've heard from people that have seen the movie that Spacey WILL be nominated for an Academy Award for his performance, but alas, lilke almost all (if not all) comic movies, he doesn't stand a chance at winning, since "serious" H'Wood types look down their noses at comic movies. But what gets all, is that SPacey is one of the best and most "serious" actors out there. GO figure.

spacey was indeed amazing...but he's certainly not getting nominated for an academy award for this role.

Motown Marvel said:
spacey was indeed amazing...but he's certainly not getting nominated for an academy award for this role.
thats because of all the tightasses in the academy.
But when they die, guess who takes over, the now young hollywood crowd.

SpeedballLives said:
thats because of all the tightasses in the academy.
But when they die, guess who takes over, the now young hollywood crowd.

no, its not because of that at all. i've seen the film, loved the film, spacey was fantastic...but if i were allowed to personally choose the nominee's for best supporting actor (Which would be the appropriate category) i very likely would not be choosing spacey.

The Movie was amazing, saw a advanced screening yesterday morning. Spacey and Routh are both Great.
I bought tickets for it last tuesday for the Tue 10pm, Wed Noon wed 3 and wed 11
:D
Cant wait to see it again and again etc.

Is it true that we dont see Clark reading in the old newspapers in the basement!!! If so, it sucks, I dont care what people say, it sucks, and I'm dissapointed!! I thought the idea (no matter how short the scene may be) was so cool, that Ma Kent had kept the newspapers, so that Clark could catch up on what has been going on in his absence. If we dont see that (which we've seen in blogs and stuff) it right out loud sucks!! Tell me, it isn't so!

Wow,this is like the 5th thread I've seen you ask this question in.Just relax,and wait and see it.
Naite22 said:
Is it true that we dont see Clark reading in the old newspapers in the basement!!! If so, it sucks, I dont care what people say, it sucks, and I'm dissapointed!! I thought the idea (no matter how short the scene may be) was so cool, that Ma Kent had kept the newspapers, so that Clark could catch up on what has been going on in his absence. If we dont see that (which we've seen in blogs and stuff) it right out loud sucks!! Tell me, it isn't so!

Naite22 said:

Sorry man, that and a few other bits (see my starting message) wernt in the movie. Im guessing there will be ATON of extra stuff on the DVD...which I think is great, will be fun to see what they cut out!

But no worrys man, the movie doesnt lack in anyway because some little bits were taken out....your gunna love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"