Lady Sif Casting Thread (Jaimie Alexander)

She looks really young but she could probably pull it off. I haven't seen her act in anything, though.

Yeah, I haven't seen her act too much. Probably better than Biel though...

Gemma Arterton is my dream choice for Sif. She seems to fit the mold of what Branagh is casting so far

My perfect actress for Sif would definitely have to have these qualities -

- She has to be tall, which would make Natalie Portman (who's 5'3) out of the question. It would feel really awkward having someone as petite as her standing next to Chris Hemsworth, who is 6'3.

- Look intimidating as a warrior. Don't look like a damsel in distress. That's not in Sif's character - she kicks butt, takes names and doesn't need a man's help. Therefore, this arguement goes hand-in-hand with the height arguements too.

- Be a good actress. That's a given of course, but the problem is that many actresses cast as female characters in comic book movies have often felt lackluster or just not right. Natalie is certainly talented, but in terms of physicality, she just does not cut it. Jessica Biel (the other supposed candidate) certainly fits the bill in terms of being tall and amazon-like, but acting wise, she hasn't been particularly memorable. She should be a central character to the story, but not overshadow or get overshadowed by the others. And since Kenneth Branagh has been on the right track so far with the casting, I hope he knows what he's doing.

So yeah, I'm really stuck on who could be a good actress for Sif.

Since Wonder Woman will never get made....

Bridget Regan

3229270486_a9361a2525.jpg

legend_of_the_seeker_1x22_reckoning-5.jpg

3229270468_747ea85e09.jpg

Michelle Ryan and Gemma would be ok with me as well. I like them both.

Last edited:
Don't know if its old news by now

but I'll post it anyway

I think its official:

jaimie_alexander_03.jpg

Jaimie Alexander as Sif

i haven't seen it posted anyplace on the Hype Forum, but it's on the Hype homepage. I personally love it. I think she'll do fine

Here is the news:

Alexander and Feore Join Thor Cast
Source:The Hollywood Reporter
September 22, 2009

Jaimie Alexander ("Kyle XY") and Colm Feore have joined the cast of Marvel Studios' comic book adaptation Thor, to be directed by Kenneth Branagh.

Alexander and Feore join Chris Hemsworth, already cast as Thor; Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki, the god of mischief who serves as the movie's villain; and Natalie Portman is Thor's human love, Jane Foster.

In Marvel's epic fantasy, Alexander is playing Sif, a skilled Asgardian warrior who can hold her own against any man. She also is one of Thor's loves.

Feore's character is shrouded in mystery, though it is known to be a villain.

The Thor movie spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

I know nothing about her other than she's 25 years old and hot as hell.

Last edited:
^same here. Marvel Enterprise hasn't disappointed yet.

Finally some casting. It's been months since we got anything. :up:

I'm not sure what to think of it, but I'm not completely put off by it, so thats good.

Last edited:
Well we can rule out stunt casting. That's for sure not the reason they cast her. So it's either a $ issue or she may have just really impressed them. Given all the $ about to roll in with the Disney tidal wave, I'm going to be optimistic and assume the latter.

Well we can rule out stunt casting. That's for sure not the reason they cast her. So it's either a $ issue or she may have just really impressed them. Given all the $ about to roll in with the Disney tidal wave, I'm going to be optimistic and assume the latter.

Oh definitely. The role she's best known for is for a show that was cancelled due to ratings, so it's definitely not stunt casting.

Feore might be playing Malekith. He was in the first draft.

So what do you think, Sawyer? Is it them being cheap or do you think she made an impression at the auditions?

Feore might be playing Malekith. He was in the first draft.

I'm not familiar with Malekith. Does Thor have any non-Asgardian enemies? Any human enemies?

I'm not familiar with Malekith. Does Thor have any non-Asgardian enemies? Any human enemies?
The Wrecking Crew are humans, and so is Radioactive Man. And Absorbing Man, but he was in AngHulk.

Malekith is a Dark Elf.

EDIT: This description:
The Thor movie spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.
sounds like the "Loki sends Malekith and his forces to Earth" aspect of the first draft is still in, which would mean Malekith.

Last edited:
I just looked it up as well. Malekith sounds like a definite possibility. I was thinking more along the lines of schemer villains that Thor has who are themselves merely human. But apparently Thor doesn't have a Lex Luthor equivalent.

So what do you think, Sawyer? Is it them being cheap or do you think she made an impression at the auditions?

Probably a bit of both. I cant imagine them picking an actress just because she's cheap, given the past two Marvel Studios projects had such amazing casts, but I imagine it definitely helped.

I don't know much about this girl (except that she's smoking hot), but I trust Branagh with this decision.

Good luck to Jaime. Hopefully she has good chemistry with Hemsworth.

Jaime has a bit of a tough quality to her that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"