Comics Latest Cup O' Joe and possible Spider-Man spoiler

I still think if they needed to do away with the marriage (which I don't think they had to) it would have been better if it were a Loki trick instead of a knowing deal with Mephisto

anyone who makes a deal with Mephisto is stupid. There are countless movies and tv shows depicting how making a deal with Mephisto isnt a good thing....on top of that he knows Ghost Rider. He teamed up with him countless times and knows his back story. Peter shouldnt have even thought about it.

Aloha,
Ah, a little end of the year sparring. Okay.You and those like you have
page11_27300000.jpg
page11_27400000.jpg

completely ignored the fact that
EVER HAPPENED. The Beyonder made Spider-Man Mephisoto's CHAMPION. The Beyonder was going to destroy the known Marvel Universe and Mephisto made a deal with him. So based upon some of the logic that I've read on these threads,Spider-Man is responsible for saving Mephisto's Underworld.Actually, he is, along with the known Universe.Mephisto wanted Thor or some other God like hero. If you read these issues you'll see that Mephisto RESENTS THE HELL(you should pardon the expression) out of the fact that Spidey saved his bacon.That's reason enough for Mephisto to lay in wait for any opportunity to get back at Spidey.If you go to the bottom of this page you will see the Cloak and Dagger story arc where Spidey, Ghost Rider and C and D,spoiled Mephisto's plans at world domination using a Hate group.http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/library_amazingsp2_page4.html
Just as importantly if you go to the The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z, it states "KNOWING PETER WOULD NEVER FORGIVE HIMSELF FOR ALLOWING AUNT MAY TO DIE SO THAT HE COULD REMAIN HAPPILY MARRIED, MARY JANE AGREED,FOLLOWED BY PETER".Along with responsibility and duty, Peter Parker is motivated by a great deal of GUILT.Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacey in particular. I've said it before, had Aunt May died, Peter would have made good on his threat to go back and KILL Kingpin. It would have been downhill from then on. His wife, knew this, and she told Peter to at least hear Mephisto out.Go back and please read the four parts-Mary Jane made a deal within a deal with Mephisto that we still don't know about.Peter told Mephisto to take a walk, until MJ intervened. NO WHERE did Peter sell his soul or sign any contract with Mephisto.As stated in OMD, Mephisto's Prize was the LOVE of Peter and MJ that he despised.And even in their last moments together as husband and wife, they continued to pledge their love to one another.
Now-Let's get it on!
Spidey rules

there is a big difference in being made the defender of hell in some cosmic game of chess and willingly making a deal with the devil....and I dont believe that JQ and the planners of OMD went and look to these issues as the begining of OMD.
No matter what spin you put on it evil won...and not just any old Fixer evil...ultimate evil, the original supervillain won.
Another thing is we dont know what the marriage would be used for in Mephisto's hands...and we probably wont ever know now that the agenda has been forced on Peter and MJ. What if the marriage was used for a superweapon to kill God???? It should have been right up there with the Red Skull asking for the cosmic cube in exchange for saving May's life.
...and if Peter just stood there while MJ made the deal he is still a guilty party.

there is a big difference in being made the defender of hell in some cosmic game of chess and willingly making a deal with the devil....and I dont believe that JQ and the planners of OMD went and look to these issues as the begining of OMD.
No matter what spin you put on it evil won...and not just any old Fixer evil...ultimate evil, the original supervillain won.
Another thing is we dont know what the marriage would be used for in Mephisto's hands...and we probably wont ever know now that the agenda has been forced on Peter and MJ. What if the marriage was used for a superweapon to kill God???? It should have been right up there with the Red Skull asking for the cosmic cube in exchange for saving May's life.
...and if Peter just stood there while MJ made the deal he is still a guilty party.

Aloha,
Knowledge is power and DENIAL is all too common.You are making up and reading things into this whole thing that has not been established. You are denying that the official stand is that very little changed within Amazing continuity except, of course, the dissolving of the marriage. And like I've said for YEARS now. No marriage, no honeymoon in Paris. They could have still gone to Paris as a lover's holiday but no honeymoon.You WANT to create conditions that are negative, but yo have not quoted ONE issue of an Amazing Spider-Man to back up your doom and gloom.No contract with Mephisto!!!
Spidey rules HAPPY HOLIDAYS

It doesnt matter if its a contract of a handshake...a deal is a deal. The gave up something for Mephisto to heal Aunt May. That is the definition of a deal.
I am not putting a doom and gloom spin of this. The devil got something he wanted. He won. they did the same thing that made Anakin Skywalker evil. I went to ultimate evil to keep someone from dying. I am not even talking about continuity. I didnt create this situation

MJ with a BABY?
Alright, thats worst idea to come out of marvel in a long time. I was actually on board for the whole Brand new day thing and was enjoying the stories as much as I could, but that just sounds horrible.

It doesnt matter if its a contract of a handshake...a deal is a deal. The gave up something for Mephisto to heal Aunt May. That is the definition of a deal.
I am not putting a doom and gloom spin of this. The devil got something he wanted. He won. they did the same thing that made Anakin Skywalker evil. I went to ultimate evil to keep someone from dying. I am not even talking about continuity. I didnt create this situation

Aloha,
Star Wars has nothing to do with Amazing Spider-Man continuity. Let's look at Ghost Riders relation with Mephisto
Marvel.com:When Crash revealed he was dying of cancer, he asked Johnny once more to take over the show, but Johnny refused despite Roxanne's disappointment. Distraught, John turned to the occult in search of answers. His studies ultimately led to a spell that supposedly could summon Satan himself. John didn't realize it, but the entity he summoned was actually the same Mephisto who had cheated Naomi Kale years before. Mephisto cured Crash of his cancer in return for Johnny's promise of servitude. Crash died almost immediately afterwards, however, in a failed attempt to set a world's record by jumping over 22 cars.
Now please show me in OMD where Peter Parker made any PLEDGE of servitude to Mephisto.Please show me in OMD where Peter Parker made any PLEDGE of ANY KIND to Mephisto!He waited to the very last moment when Aunt May was at death's door before he agreed to the deal made mostly by MJ.MJ has much more to be concerned about than Peter.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Star Wars has nothing to do with Amazing Spider-Man continuity. Let's look at Ghost Riders relation with Mephisto
Marvel.com:When Crash revealed he was dying of cancer, he asked Johnny once more to take over the show, but Johnny refused despite Roxanne's disappointment. Distraught, John turned to the occult in search of answers. His studies ultimately led to a spell that supposedly could summon Satan himself. John didn't realize it, but the entity he summoned was actually the same Mephisto who had cheated Naomi Kale years before. Mephisto cured Crash of his cancer in return for Johnny's promise of servitude. Crash died almost immediately afterwards, however, in a failed attempt to set a world's record by jumping over 22 cars.
Now please show me in OMD where Peter Parker made any PLEDGE of servitude to Mephisto.Please show me in OMD where Peter Parker made any PLEDGE of ANY KIND to Mephisto!He waited to the very last moment when Aunt May was at death's door before he agreed to the deal made mostly by MJ.MJ has much more to be concerned about than Peter.
Spidey rules

you are twisting my words. I didnt say anything about Peter making a pledge of servitude to Mephisto. A deal was made. Thats all I said. Peter could have stopped MJ from going ahead with the deal. He didnt do a thing.

I mentioned star wars because they both did the same thing.
Anakin doesnt want Padme to die so he accepts Palpatine's help.
Peter doesnt want Aunt May to die so he accepts Mephisto's help.

so....that JQ...he's a crazy guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"