The Dark Knight L'Ecran Fantastique - Interviews with Christian Bale, Lindy Hemming and Chris Churchy

hersheydarkknight3.jpg

I believe this is the bike he means.

Whered you get that picture of my bike? I thought that damn thing was locked up, Robin how did you break in to get a picture you sneeky little bird you? lol

This is the bike Bruce Wayne rides in a scene, right? (Except that it's red in the pics I've seen).

Yea I remember those but I don't have them anymore can someone post them. I remember there was one of bale in a black leather jacket on top of the motorcycle in an alley. It seems that TDK will have far more bruce action than we have ever seen. Hopefuly this scene will take place during the police funeral march, it would rock to see bruce in disguise suddenly cuting the joker and his goons. I can imagine a newscast with the reporter talking about how a misterious individual foiled joker's latest act of terrorism. Even speculating if this was maybe the batman.

Yeah, sure. Bruce Wayne rides a bike with a giant "The Dark Knight" print on the side of it.

you re wrong. I cant see why people think that Bale underacted. If anything he was given more emotional scenes than any other actor playing batman. He was good.
What did you want from this guy? He was playing BW, not the joker and also, they way he acted was directed by Nolan.

In my opinion there was plenty of emotion in his Bruce Wayne.

Furthermore, may i remind you that Bale is hailed as the new DeNiro of our time? Yeah, so cut it out!

Finally, the notorious "DOOOOO" is a bad product of Bale's delivery in his Batman voice. Give it a damn rest!
Um...by whom?

Yeah, sure. Bruce Wayne rides a bike with a giant "The Dark Knight" print on the side of it.

Is the same model..but without the logos ofcourse. I remember those pics too.

Who said there was The Dark Knight printed on it? :o

I think it was the same model, just another color, and of course, without the TDK print ;)

I do have to say both Michael Caine and Jack Nicholson somewhere in the mid 80s stopped acting really, and just started to play themselves. With Jack, I think it's right after the Shining.

Are you kidding? I know it's the popular thing to do now, rag on "Jack as Jack", but the guy is still a master.

The Pledge, About Schmidt, The Departed - great, great performances. And the first two were certainly not Jack as Jack.

Bruce on a bike? Holy crap, I hadn't heard about that!

A Year One homage?

As I said, this explains why nearly all the pivotal lines in BB were under-delivered.

Aside from "It's what I DOOOOOOOOOO...."

I think the more relevant explanation is that Bale means to play Wayne as being unable to emote normally; emotionally closed-off. This is why Batman is so incredibly overt and explosive; he's the outlet for all the emotion Wayne doesn't know how to express.

Merci Mandalore, beau travail. Do you know if "Mad Movies" is doing anything on TDK ?

"swear to me!!!".... ya, that was subtle..

Your taking it out of its context, Batman wasn't trying to be subtle, he was invoking fear into Flass, I didn't care for that line, but I didn't hate it either, for what he was needing to do, it worked. I'd much rather watch someone be too subtle or underact, then go overboard and overact (JIM CARREY!!!). Sometimes its really more when you do less.

my guess is that bruce changes his suit so the joker stops killing the fake batmen that he might think are actually batman......... if that makes sense

my guess is that bruce changes his suit so the joker stops killing the fake batmen that he might think are actually batman......... if that makes sense
Isn't the Joker trying to send a message to the real Batman by killing fake ones ("Will the real Batman please stand up" written on that Joker card in the film). I mean, from the pics we saw, these guys (The bat-wannabes) look like amateurs and not exactly like the real deal.

since some one mentioned the bike, i decided to post these pix:

12.jpg

14.jpg

I think the more relevant explanation is that Bale means to play Wayne as being unable to emote normally; emotionally closed-off. This is why Batman is so incredibly overt and explosive; he's the outlet for all the emotion Wayne doesn't know how to express.

Hey I agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"