Legion LEGION S1E7 - "Chapter 7" (Spoilers)

oh dear..
17362691_10155156637626617_8106613948216041870_n.jpg

Personally, it was cool that he went a bit Stewarty when talking about his biological dad.

yeah, they definitely told him "Now when you deliver this line, give your best Patrick Stewart impression"

The cartoon was great to get everyone together on the same page before the finale and presumably, even crazier things come. Plus the Shadow King there was very Shadow King-y.

As Logan said when he first saw Laura's powers "Holy ****"

That whole sequence was not just visually stunning, but worked on a thematic level and never felt confusing despite going from one place to the other.

Seriously, it's a tragedy that we can't get this kind of storytelling in the X-Men films and we're about to be stuck with whatever drivel Kinberg gives us when we could have something of this caliber.

Whomever edits Legion deserves an award. We're moving through multiple levels of the astral plane and things never felt cluttered. I wonder if Hawley writes these into the scripts.

Frankly, you can't get this type of stuff in a major blockbuster.

It's all going down next week.

Last edited:
I love every episode we've gotten

this show just brings it, man.

The doctor from the first episode would make a pretty good CBM villain somewhere to be honest. Very Two-Face looking fellow now.

But yeah, this show is just mad genius. Cream of the crop not only of CBM shows, but of TV in general. Petition to give Noah Hawley everything!

The doctor from the first episode would make a pretty good CBM villain somewhere to be honest. Very Two-Face looking fellow now.

But yeah, this show is just mad genius. Cream of the crop not only of CBM shows, but of TV in general. Petition to give Noah Hawley everything!

Yeah, seriously? Forget Kinerg doing the X-Men films. Let Hawley do this, James Mangold do X-23 later, Reese and Wernick handle the Deadpool/X-Force stuff.

But no. We probably won't get Hawley doing a main series film, which is a huge missed opportunity.

Yeah, seriously? Forget Kinerg doing the X-Men films. Let Hawley do this, James Mangold do X-23 later, Reese and Wernick handle the Deadpool/X-Force stuff.

But no. We probably won't get Hawley doing a main series film, which is a huge missed opportunity.

dude is kinda busy with fargo,legion and is making his film debut soon

I feel bad for Matt Nix, because nothing he gives us will top this. Polaris, Thunderbird and Blink be damned, give us more Oliver, Cary/Kerry, Ptonomy, Melanie, Syd and David!

It sucks that the Champion of FX is so busy with everything right now, but maybe the stars will align and Fox will deliver truckloads of money to his house to do an X-Men film. (But he's probably more suited for TV and prefers it, let's be real)

He doesn't seem to be a film guy. Is trying to get him to do a film, which has a LOT more pressures and interference from the studio, worth giving this up for?

I get it. You see something you like, and you think it would work just as easily on the big screen. I would take more Legion than try to get a movie out of Hawley.

dude is kinda busy with fargo,legion and is making his film debut soon

I know, I know, just that between this, Logan, and Deadpool, it would suck for the X-Men series to, after having these inventive takes on the franchise, suddenly slide backwards because Fox decides to fall back on Kinberg.

It's a pipe dream for me to say Hawley should have some involvement with the films, I'm aware, and I'm sure no one here realistically would expect him to drop his plans to do one, but the writing is on the wall: if the X-Men series wants to continue innovating and telling new, creative stories, you need minds like your Hawley, your Mangold, your Reese and Wernick.

Singer and Kinberg might've gotten the ball rolling, but this franchise has evolved past them.

But as far as Legion goes, I can already see this being one of my top favorite TV shows of the year.

"I am pretty. I am loved."

I really dread the thought of Kinberg getting hands-on with this and forcing it into his own vision.

sigh

Why would you even think so? I swear to god, fanboys aversion to Kinberg is getting really annoying.

sigh

Why would you even think so? I swear to god, fanboys aversion to Kinberg is getting really annoying.

So is the trust some may have in the man. If he had a better track record, you'd see less aversion to him. But he doesn't, so for now, you won't see less of it. So whether annoying to anyone or otherwise, there's room for concern.

He is also not relevant to this thread.

Well, if someone wants to come on down and clean shop by deleting non relevant posts, by all means. He's tied to this franchise, so he's going to come up.

Anybody know whose version of Bolero they played during that epic battle? Recaps say Ravel but Ravel wrote the original, the show used an electronica style cover. Just curious.... Google didn't help me there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"