The Dark Knight Let's go ahead and clear the air about "the twist" or, "the spoiler of spoilers!"

Mysterio

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think most know the melodrama surrounding the backstory and those involved. the following has been posted on a public forum. let's go ahead and quit pretending unconfirmed information is the end-all, be-all truth and quit handling things with kid gloves. for the most part, we're all adults and capable of running our own lives and making decisions for ourselves without need for others to make those decisions for us.

"I will say this: The "twist" I heard of is that someone dies. And I know who. See what I mean about it's so big that no one wants to let the lips be the one that released. They said someone dies, and they do. But they don't wanna say, and I'm still not saying." - Anjow

so we can discuss the veracity of this, and we can discuss the likely candidates (if true).

Well if it's something that'll piss off a lot of fans....it CAN'T be Rachel.

So we're left with very few choices:

Dent
Gordon
Joker (most likely not)
Alfred

I hate stupid and unnecessary deaths. :down

My guess is Rachel, and the reason he feels it will piss off a lot of fans is becase he is in the group that absolutly loves that character for whatever reasons.

It would be absolute suicide for Nolan to kill of Dent or Gordon. I would be just as pissed if it were Alfred as well, but Dent or Gordon I think would have the community in an uproar.

given the flair for melodrama, keep in mind the "dividing the fans" may just be the overblown reaction of a fanboy.

Falafel Assistant!!!!!!!!!!

Lets all join hands and pray this is true. :up:

I'm not sure what to say, fish tank. I've never been keen on the whole argument about posting spoilers in spoiler boards -- I do understand about it not being in thread titles though.

However, if people have information, it is solely their choice if they want to share it . . . but coming on a SPOILER board saying they know something but don't want to say is just being a tease . . . almost to the point of being rude.

it could be lucious fox. if AMH is playing the riddler he could get his start by offing fox. but that is just my opinion and it really means nothing.

it could be lucious fox. if AMH is playing the riddler he could get his start by offing fox. but that is just my opinion and it really means nothing.
I could go for that, Freeman said he wasnt gonna return if his role was as small as Begins, might be Nolan's way of fixing a problem for the third film.

Dent
Gordon
Joker (most likely not)
Alfred

Fox dies! come on that's BIG it's MORGAN ****ING FREEMAN!

I don't think it will be Gordon, and since the film seems to be as much an origin story for Two-Face as it is a Joker story, I doubt Dent will be off'd. Alfred cannot die, simply cannot -- he is Bruce's guiding light, steering him clear of becoming completely consumed by the monster he created.

I agree with sweetclydesoda that Fox would be the easiest to imagine being killed, but that doesn't mean that i like it.

given the flair for melodrama, keep in mind the "dividing the fans" may just be the overblown reaction of a fanboy.
Perhaps, but Rachel is the one person that's universally agreed here to be a pain. There are very few that actually like her, and most of us have already been speculating/hoping for her death for months.

I just can't see THAT being the twist, even if she does die.

Fox dies! come on that's BIG it's MORGAN ****ING FREEMAN!
He's also possible, but he's also a relatively small character. We'd be sad Freeman is gone, but nothing to be bickering about.

Dent
Gordon
Joker (most likely not)
Alfred

They can't kill alfred...because i will hunt Nolan down:cmad:
I like alfred more than bruce.

I had a Spidey one the last time I called it you, dude. Now that I've reminded myself that, I think I better work on some new material.

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Perhaps, but Rachel is the one person that's universally agreed here to be a pain. There are very few that actually like her, and most of us have already been speculating/hoping for her death for months.
i didn't mean that in regards to Rachel specifically, but to anything. what may be significant or spoilerish for you could be trivial for another. hell, you've seen some of the silly debates here about the silliest of details.

I'm going for Bruce faking his death. Again, but fer realz this time.

But that would be something everyone wanted and expected, if Nolan, Wanted to throw a "Twist" at us, then it would be Fox, he's expendable and no one would see it coming.

Fox's death (even if it could be so) would have an extremely minor dramatic impact compared to Rachel's death !!!:o :cwink:

I hate to say it but ....the girl must die !!!:ninja:

see the fox thing is the only one that really would hurt batman the most. he'd lose all of his gadgets, and he needs his gadgets. rachel is probably going to die, just so that her death can push harvey over the edge.

It cant be Alfred, Caine signed on for two more films, right? Unless they bought out his contract:(

I just can't see THAT being the twist, even if she does die.

We only represent a small small portion of the viewing audience though. For the average movie goer, this could come as quite a surprise. Everyone is used to the damsel getting saved a la spiderman...so what happens when she dies?

As far as being something comic fans would hate, if it is Rachel I can think of two ways the comment could apply

1) the comment was sarcastic in nature
2) The way in which Rachel dies could be controversial, in which case either Batman or the Joker do something out of character. Or maybe two-face gets her?

Jow said that the report is misleading and the only way it is misleading is trying to insinuate that Rachel is the one to die.

Jow already confirmed it's not Gordon and he said that Joker is going to be in the next one as well.

It all comes down to Dent, Lucius, and Alfred.

If we were to believe that Goyer is still following his three arc script treatment, then Two-Face is going to be the main villain in the next movie so Alred or Lucius are going to get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"