Sequels Let's pretend for a minute...

Scorpion, Sandman, Electro, Mysterio, Kraven, and The Chameleon.
Although, he is a Spidey and Daredevil villian and we probably won't see him because of any future Daredevil movies by 20th Century Fox, I would love to see The Kingpin.

The Ceb-Man!

I'd love to see Scorpion, although I'd like to see his origin tweaked a little bit; I dunno who, but JJJ shouldn't be responsible for creating him, b/c that makes him a criminal & he should just be a jerk.
Sandman would be cool, & he's a fave of Tobey's, but it would take a hell of a script to sell him as he's always been kind of a low-tier villain.
Electro-likewise. Although something along the lines of "Light the Night" could work. Plus I'd like to see a villain who was always bad as opposed to the victims we've been seeing.
Mysterio would be awesome. A failed Hollywood FX man w/a Spidey fixation has the makings of a great supervillain.
Kraven-a hard sell. If they're not careful, he comes across as a knockoff of either the Crocodile Hunter or "Crocodile" Dundee.
Chameleon-he's too limited. I can't really see him working on film. Go with the masks & you've got Ethan Hunt; go w/the techno-morphing & you've got a bargain-basement Mystique. Either way he's a pretty two-dimensional character w/not a lot to offer. And I'm still resistant to the two villains notion.

Kingpin's not gonna happen & he shouldn't. Let Spidey deal w/the genetically twisted freaks, at least as far as his main nemeses go, & leave the gangsters to the likes of DD & the Punisher.

Dark Carnage said:
Though I would love to see Scorpion, I don't think he will make it.

1) He was in the first movie game.

2) Jameson has already seen what happens when Spider-Man isn't around and has admitted he was a hero. Paying for Scopion's creation would be going back on that.

(And yeah, I know that Harry could do it ok.:o)
1-What happens in video games doesn't matter. I doubt Raimi & Co. would focus on that.
2-it doesn't necessarily have to be Jameson who funds it; Scorpion doesn't even have to be designed specifically to take Spidey out; maybe just to upstage him. And even if JJJ were behind it, he recanted anything positive he said about SPidey upon realizing he was back in action.
And we don't want Harry to hire any more hitmen.

how about if JJJ just contributes a sizeable chunk towards the funding of the scorpion 'ultimate spidey slayer' project???

He's still responsible. Plus, Spider-Man is still a human being w/legal rights. He's not wanted for any particular crime that would justify hunting him down, & he's certianly not some terrorist that you can legally kill on sight.

well in some places, acting as a vigilante is taken to be a crime

I'd like to add The Shocker he could translate well to the screen. Imagine the damage he could do!

The Ceb-Man!

Odin's Lapdog said:
well in some places, acting as a vigilante is taken to be a crime
But not one punishable by death. Especially since he doesn't kill people. The most he's guilty of is maybe obstructing justice and/or assault & battery. And even that's debatable. If you see a thief running out of a store & you trip him, what would the law do to you? Probably nothing, as long ass no innocent bystanders got hurt.

Ceb-Man said:
I'd like to add The Shocker he could translate well to the screen. Imagine the damage he could do!

The Ceb-Man!
Shocker's kinda iffy; I've liked what I've seen him do in comics & he's a pain in the rump on the game, but the SPider-Man movies aren't just about Spider-Man & whoever he's fighting, but the men behind the masks. Herman Schultz is not a very interesting character once he takes those gauntlets off.

shocker in the movies could play a part almost identical to his usm counterpart.

This thread has one me to Scorpion... he would rock...

If Harry is the villain, then Shocker would make a great opening scene villain. A big five-ten minute sequence where he tries to rob a bank and gets beaten by Spider-Man. I think that's about right at Shocker's level of villainy.

Scorpion as a superhero funded by Jameson to be a "real" superhero. Something like a former police detective who, through Spider-Man's actions or inactions, was wounded so that he had to give up being a cop. He blames Spider-Man and gets put in the suit. But he doesn't wear a mask (well, he does, but he admits to his true identity I mean). Eventually he goes insane and tries to kill Spider-Man.

Electro as... I don't know, a crimelord or something. One with a badass costume and mega-superpowers trying to kill Spidey. Because, lets face it. Electro roxxors your boxers.

NO! Electro as a crimeboss would be a throwback to Cameron's horrible script.

Chris Wallace said:
Electro is actually stronger than Spiderman,I think...

Not in any way relevant to my point. And he's not; at least not in terms of actual physical strength. His power is energy projection. He can't lift a truck w/his bare hands & flatten Spidey with it.

Let's pretend that this post doesn't exist.

Chris Wallace said:

Cameron had one of two good ideas in there. And I can't think of anything else for Electro to do but try to gain control of New York's underworld. That's certainly a grand goal and perfectly in character.

Zev said:
Cameron had one of two good ideas in there. And I can't think of anything else for Electro to do but try to gain control of New York's underworld. That's certainly a grand goal and perfectly in character.

Especially if you've read The New Avengers #1: he busts out all of SHIED penitentiary's inmates for no apparent reason (to them) and says, "You all owe me huge."

That said.....geez, who's left that's any good with those qualifications? Lizard.

Or, we could have one of these sure-fire winners:
WhiteRabbit.gif
ArachnoidSpider&Friends_felipe.gif
Videoman_Spider&Friends.gif
Ringmaster.gif

I really want to see Vulture in a future movie, myself. :o Whether it's as one of the main villains, an opening fight scene or whatever, as long as Toomes is in there.
wink.gif

As far as other villain possibilites fitting the criteria of this thread---Electro would be a great villain both character and power-wise. Mysterio and Sandman would both be good choices for kickass visuals. Maybe Kraven, but only if some elements from Kraven's Last Hunt are used. Scorpion could be interesting, but he'd have to be the menacing Scorpion that was originally created as opposed to the character he's become today. Rhino could make for a fun, short opening fight scene in a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"