Sequels Let's pretend for a minute...

Dr.Dude said:
I really want to see Vulture in a future movie, myself. :o Whether it's as one of the main villains, an opening fight scene or whatever, as long as Toomes is in there.
wink.gif

As far as other villain possibilites fitting the criteria of this thread---Electro would be a great villain both character and power-wise. Mysterio and Sandman would both be good choices for kickass visuals. Maybe Kraven, but only if some elements from Kraven's Last Hunt are used. Scorpion could be interesting, but he'd have to be the menacing Scorpion that was originally created as opposed to the character he's become today. Rhino could make for a fun, short opening fight scene in a movie.

Well, Vulture would only work for me as an opening fight kind of a guy. (After the last two movies, is anybody going to buy Peter Parker getting his butt handed to him by a geriatric for two hours?)

Agree with Mysterio and Sandman--they also fit the tone of the last two movies well. Scorpion might work for me, but only if he was paired with another villian, or maybe as part of the Six.

RabbitSamurai said:
Well, Vulture would only work for me as an opening fight kind of a guy. (After the last two movies, is anybody going to buy Peter Parker getting his butt handed to him by a geriatric for two hours?)

Agree with Mysterio and Sandman--they also fit the tone of the last two movies well. Scorpion might work for me, but only if he was paired with another villian, or maybe as part of the Six.

Ironically, I wrote an opening fight for Vulture in my Spider-Man 3 script. Trust me, it is RIDICULOUSLY easy to write quips against Vulture. He's an old bald guy who dresses like a bird! Although if GG2 is going to be the villain, I don't think both villains should be aerial combat villains. I'd prefer Shocker or Rhino. They're classic lackey types.

Zev said:
Ironically, I wrote an opening fight for Vulture in my Spider-Man 3 script. Trust me, it is RIDICULOUSLY easy to write quips against Vulture. He's an old bald guy who dresses like a bird! Although if GG2 is going to be the villain, I don't think both villains should be aerial combat villains. I'd prefer Shocker or Rhino. They're classic lackey types.

Yes....indeed.

RabbitSamurai said:

yeah...Vulture doesn't even worth being minor villain....he can only work for maybe opening fight

I thought we were only pretending for a minute...

American_Hobo said:
I prefer Shocker better than Electro
I like Shocker but he's too one-dimensional; he's just a guy w/a gadget. One that can be easily taken from him.

One thing about some of these characters.. Electro, Shocker, Sandman,Scorpion, Mysterio, Vulture, Kraven The Hunter, Chameleon , Rhino they are great villians, and I would like to see them on screen, but some them would need to be tweaked as Chris said.
I love Shocker and would make a great visual, but his character some of his powers needs to be worked on. Scorpion is great and has somewhat of a good origin. Electro is a great visual but working on a power line and getting powers is somewhat lame.. you would just be electrocuted. Kraven if using some of the character from right before he died in comics was great in the "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline.
Vulture's costume/ appearance and character could be worked on somewhat. Sandman is a great visual, but really needs to be worked on as far as character development. Chameleon would work somewhat if he was working for another villian or crimeboss and possibly the same with Rhino.
Mysterio could work great visually and story wise. Mysterio is probably the leat of the villians mentioned you would have to work on.
Remember working on these characters or character development is not bad if done the right way.
Mr. Freeze was a lame Batman villian I did not care too much for until Bruce Timm came and worked on his origin for the Batman animated series and Freeze became one of my favorates.

The Ceb-Man!

Odin's Lapdog said:
i just can't get why people don't want to see the scorpion.

a villain tha spidey physically can't take in an all out battle because gargan has been designed to be BETTER

One that you have to see spidey using his applied knowledge to be able to defeat, by the constructions of spidey tracer, web enchancer (possibly mixing his ordinary webbing with concrete), and just happenin to be able to use his surroundings to come out on top (jackie chan style)

I'd like to see an intelligent spiderman, one that starts off ol joky at the beginnig of the film, but becomes deadly serious at the end when he realises that Gargan could crush him without a thought, only to pull the GREATEST one liner ever right at the end of the tension.

There's only one choice, there's only Mac Gargan to consider....

scorpion would be my choice too

The Arachnoid & Video Man, both form the "Amazing Friends" series.

Ceb-Man said:
One thing about some of these characters.. Electro, Shocker, Sandman,Scorpion, Mysterio, Vulture, Kraven The Hunter, Chameleon , Rhino they are great villians, and I would like to see them on screen, but some them would need to be tweaked as Chris said.
I love Shocker and would make a great visual, but his character some of his powers needs to be worked on. Scorpion is great and has somewhat of a good origin. Electro is a great visual but working on a power line and getting powers is somewhat lame.. you would just be electrocuted. Kraven if using some of the character from right before he died in comics was great in the "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline.
Vulture's costume/ appearance and character could be worked on somewhat. Sandman is a great visual, but really needs to be worked on as far as character development. Chameleon would work somewhat if he was working for another villian or crimeboss and possibly the same with Rhino.
Mysterio could work great visually and story wise. Mysterio is probably the leat of the villians mentioned you would have to work on.
Remember working on these characters or character development is not bad if done the right way.
Mr. Freeze was a lame Batman villian I did not care too much for until Bruce Timm came and worked on his origin for the Batman animated series and Freeze became one of my favorates.

The Ceb-Man!
I don't remember actually saying that they'd need to be tweaked, but they would. Hell, Ock & GG were tweaked.

So you must have really hated "Batman & Robin". i've always thought (since the Bruce Timm reimagining, anyway) that Freeze was the most sympathetic of Batman's villains. The Joker could wear makeup. Two-Face could get a skin graft. Ivy can control the toxins in her body which means she could just choose not to use them. But if I had to wear a refrigerator everywhere I went-because I tried to keep my wife alive-hell, yeah I'd wanna freeze everything!

Zev said:
Cameron had one of two good ideas in there. And I can't think of anything else for Electro to do but try to gain control of New York's underworld. That's certainly a grand goal and perfectly in character.
Electro could be a wanna-be bigshot; not a Kingpin type. Carlton Strand was just a bad idea.

Chris Wallace said:
Electro could be a wanna-be bigshot; not a Kingpin type. Carlton Strand was just a bad idea.
Electro is a awesome villain

electro.jpg

electro.jpg

Sandman

The Lizard

Elector and Scorpion... maybe if they were both in it...
'cause honestly... alone by themselves they can't carry the movie...
They r both too..................................... errr........... how shall I put it !?

DUMB !!!

I mean even SPIDER-MAN never took ELECTRO n SCORPION seriously... even since the beginning.
SURE... ELECTRO became very powerful n cool in the TAS n once in the comicbook...
butr he's still tht same old powerful lameO

Scorpion is even worse... other being stronger n faster... he makes it up by being an even bigger idiot... almost RHINO level.
n
SHOCKER is just a plain thug...

MYSTERIO... maybe... if its cleverly done.

Who else !?... HOBGOBLIN... DEMOGOBLIN !?... no
BUT

Maybe they can pull of a MAN-SPIDER story...
PETER would the hero AND the villain... it would something fresh.

Bapman said:
Sandman

The Lizard

Elector and Scorpion... maybe if they were both in it...
'cause honestly... alone by themselves they can't carry the movie...
They r both too..................................... errr........... how shall I put it !?

DUMB !!!

I mean even SPIDER-MAN never took ELECTRO n SCORPION seriously... even since the beginning.
SURE... ELECTRO became very powerful n cool in the TAS n once in the comicbook...
butr he's still tht same old powerful lameO

Scorpion is even worse... other being stronger n faster... he makes it up by being an even bigger idiot... almost RHINO level.
n
SHOCKER is just a plain thug...

MYSTERIO... maybe... if its cleverly done.

Who else !?... HOBGOBLIN... DEMOGOBLIN !?... no
BUT

Maybe they can pull of a MAN-SPIDER story...
PETER would the hero AND the villain... it would something fresh.
mysterio can bring down the whole movie by himself

Chris Wallace said:
u dont get it, Electro would WANT control, Kingpin HAD control...

American_Hobo said:
mysterio can bring down the whole movie by himself
Mysterio would work better for DD2, if the did the guardian devil story arc

spideyboy_1111 said:
u dont get it, Electro would WANT control, Kingpin HAD control...
yeah...Kingping had control, while Electro wanted to have a control

electro has great power, the problem is hes always wanted more, and that craving is what defeats him in the end. Its actually interesting to me that way

Yes... interesting... tht's good for a series or comics...
BUT
Not good enuf to carry an entire movie.
n
besides like I said... he's no where near an intellectual match for PETE.
If you check carefully all of his main villains are scary 'cause of their metal capabilites.

GOBLIN.................. now if I need to explain this...... u need to stop calling urself a SPIDEY fan n crawl into a hole n never show ur face again.

OCK...................... complex psychological character... way bigger genius thn PETE... very tactical.

VENOM................. another psychologically complex character...... knows EVERYTHING about PETER....... damn cunning..... relentless........ n ofcoure...... scares PETER

CARNAGE............. JOKER with a passion for murder n..... oh ofcourse a super power symbiote.

After these........ how CAN you take the other villains like VULTURE... SCORPION...n ELECTRO seriously !?

So what if they have real power.... they r still idiots.

Bapman said:
Yes... interesting... tht's good for a series or comics...
BUT
Not good enuf to carry an entire movie.
n
besides like I said... he's no where near an intellectual match for PETE.
If you check carefully all of his main villains are scary 'cause of their metal capabilites.

GOBLIN.................. now if I need to explain this...... u need to stop calling urself a SPIDEY fan n crawl into a hole n never show ur face again.

OCK...................... complex psychological character... way bigger genius thn PETE... very tactical.

VENOM................. another psychologically complex character...... knows EVERYTHING about PETER....... damn cunning..... relentless........ n ofcoure...... scares PETER

CARNAGE............. JOKER with a passion for murder n..... oh ofcourse a super power symbiote.

After these........ how CAN you take the other villains like VULTURE... SCORPION...n ELECTRO seriously !?

So what if they have real power.... they r still idiots.

carnage was a poor choice for intelligents... hes just psychotic... and venom just knows things.. hes not intelligent.

Vulture, Kraven, Chameleon and Lizard are all fairly intelligent...

though i agree Vulture could not carry a movie... though if you really knew electro.. you would know he could... though i think he'd work better with a team up with sandman or hydro-man, those are 2 deadly combos because well water conducts electricity and sandman wouldnt be electrocuted... though sandman would be a secondary villain and electro the main one..

Scorpion on the other hand has a GREAT story, and he doesnt have to be intelligent to be a leading villain... Scorpion and Lizard have the best storys that are left next to Venom (who will not be in spidey 3)

spideyboy_1111 said:
carnage was a poor choice for intelligents... hes just psychotic... and venom just knows things.. hes not intelligent.

Vulture, Kraven, Chameleon and Lizard are all fairly intelligent...

though i agree Vulture could not carry a movie... though if you really knew electro.. you would know he could... though i think he'd work better with a team up with sandman or hydro-man, those are 2 deadly combos because well water conducts electricity and sandman wouldnt be electrocuted... though sandman would be a secondary villain and electro the main one..

Scorpion on the other hand has a GREAT story, and he doesnt have to be intelligent to be a leading villain... Scorpion and Lizard have the best storys that are left next to Venom (who will not be in spidey 3)
Carnage can bring down the whole movie, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"