Endgame Lets Talk Avengers 4 and what we know #Spoilers?

1tks5k.jpg

A few random thoughts...

1) A4 could be the very first time where the team is fighting to "avenge" the damage that was done to humanity. That's kinda cool. I hope they take the opportunity to add more depth to why we call them the Avengers.

2) I think most of us can agree that the devil in the box here is if Marvel chooses to reset the timeline so that all the movies didn't happen or were somehow undone. That is the only bad choice here. Don't erase all the previous movies! There's other ways to do this. I trust that Marvel won't choose this route.

3) The job of A4 is so much harder than A:IW. Thematically, throwing a stick of dynamite into a situation and breaking everything apart is easy, but bringing everything together again...that can be really really hard.

4) I think there might be more to the soul stone than meets the eye. We haven't really seen its powers yet, but we know it has a certain wisdom. I think it could hold the key, along with the time stone obviously.

5) There's obviously going to be self sacrifice. I'm a betting man, so I'll say... Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Nebula, Mantis, Wong, and... maybe Vision, but I don't think so. I'm betting that he's just de-powered, and slightly different without the stone. He might not be able to phase shift anymore.

Last edited:
If they make any changes to the timeline I see it being a case of "everything happened the way it always happened... except where its different", and using it as an excuse to make adjustments. Bring back characters they regret killing etc. Then going ahead if people ask where the X-Men or whoever they introduce were during the previous films they can always say that they didn't exist in the previous timeline if they want to if people won't accept the reasons Marvel give.

At the end of Avengers 4 have a couple of characters talking about possible changes then pan away to show that Quicksilver is still alive, they could even have him talking to Coulson (yes he is alive but only if people have watched the TV series, for people that only watched the films he is still dead).

They could have it that Quicksilver was hurt not killed, Ronan was captured not killed, the Inhumans series was never made, etc.

Just make adjustments and corrections to things they did in the earlier films which when they look back on would prefer that they hadn't.

I suppose the infinity gauntlet affected the Netflix series too. Maybe iron fist copped it and they could start again. Having quicksilver back would be so much fun now and perfect for when magneto turns up.

If they make any changes to the timeline I see it being a case of "everything happened the way it always happened... except where its different", and using it as an excuse to make adjustments. Bring back characters they regret killing etc. Then going ahead if people ask where the X-Men or whoever they introduce were during the previous films they can always say that they didn't exist in the previous timeline if they want to if people won't accept the reasons Marvel give.

At the end of Avengers 4 have a couple of characters talking about possible changes then pan away to show that Quicksilver is still alive, they could even have him talking to Coulson (yes he is alive but only if people have watched the TV series, for people that only watched the films he is still dead).

They could have it that Quicksilver was hurt not killed, Ronan was captured not killed, the Inhumans series was never made, etc.

Just make adjustments and corrections to things they did in the earlier films which when they look back on would prefer that they hadn't.

I like how you snuck this in there among the other stuff... :p

-Scenes were filmed featuring CAPTAIN MARVEL, FURY, and HILL

I believe it might be filmed for CM movie, unless the "antisnap" takes place in the middle...

Yeah I think the timeline gets altered a la Back to the Future with the time space continuum being affected as a result of the Snap and the Infinity Gauntlet

All I know is don’t trust any group running shots in the trailer.

Has to be alternate realities.

Tony in the SHIELD garb suggests that. Current timeline states SHIELD doesn't exist following TWS.

Has to be alternate realities.

Tony in the SHIELD garb suggests that. Current timeline states SHIELD doesn't exist following TWS.

you dont think in the 5 years between infinity war and avengers 4 with this god threat that can easily snap and wipe out half of the universe again Tony cant go create Shield? That whats left of earth doesnt want an organization to try to stop this threat?

If this was the Infinity War cast:

Thanos
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Doctor Strange

Captain America
Banner
Black Widow
Thor
Loki
Heimdall
Black Panther

Okoye
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Bucky
Falcon
Star-Lord
Gamora

Rocket
War Machine
Groot
Mantis
Drax
Ebony Maw
Proxima Midnight
Corvus Glaive
Cull Obsidian

And you cross out those who won't be in the sequel the list gets pretty light.

Thanos
Iron Man
Captain America
Banner
Thor
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket
War Machine
Hawkeye
Ant-Man
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Death

And then you add Ant-Man, the Wasp, Captain Marvel and Hawkeye you get a rough plot estimate. The quantum realm is probably involved. Both the team from the original Avengers film remains alive as well as the team from the original Avengers comic. I don't think either is a coincidence.

Okoye and Rocket kinda serve as place holders for Wakanda and the Guardians respectively. Eitri I just left off because I think the odds we see him again anytime soon are slim. Unless we see Uru armor Iron Man. O_O

Personally I just want to know how they proceed with Thanos. What is his motivation going to be in the sequel? PERHAPS (and this is just a theory) he does go mad. He has murdered half the world and maybe now is when he starts to see things. Such as the personification of death? And now perhaps he'll desire to feel love once more?

I don't know how the sequel is gonna be and if it will involve time travel, alternative realities or something like that. But if there is any kind of element that will show us somehow the dead characters, I wonder if we'll see Quicksilver again. Aaron Taylor Johnson did sign a multi-picture deal. And with the merge coming... maybe?

If Thanos took out half of Asguard, before getting all of the stones, who can possibly defeat him?

Ant man flying in his ear and driving him crazy??????

you dont think in the 5 years between infinity war and avengers 4 with this god threat that can easily snap and wipe out half of the universe again Tony cant go create Shield? That whats left of earth doesnt want an organization to try to stop this threat?

I don't think the TV show's existence allows it to happen. If he does it and if it's resurrected it basically undermines the show, or means the show is no longer on air.

Personally I just want to know how they proceed with Thanos. What is his motivation going to be in the sequel? PERHAPS (and this is just a theory) he does go mad. He has murdered half the world and maybe now is when he starts to see things. Such as the personification of death? And now perhaps he'll desire to feel love once more?

My guess is that they try and undo what he did. I don't believe we see him with the gauntlet at the sunset, and it looked damaged after the snap.

So either we get a Thanos who tries to stop them, or we get a motivated Thanos who exists before the snap.

Maybe A4 goes ultra cosmic and we start to see more cosmic entities challenge his godhood

All I know for sure is that this movie is going to be craaaazy. Time travel is definitely going to play a huge part in this. I'm so excited for that.

For those who keep criticizing the MCU for playing it safe: Time travel is NEVER a safe form of storytelling, I'd say. At this point, I trust the Russos with whatever they want to do, though.

This is a huge speculation and I'm probably wrong, but ... Stark plays a huge role in all of this. We know this because of Doctor Strange saving Tony's life at the price of the Time Stone. Tony NEEDS to be around to help save the day, according to the millions of realities that Strange saw.

What if ... What if Tony needs to die with the nuke in the battle of NYC this time?

But i still Wonder how they will Time Travel , will the Remaining Heroes Steal the Time Stone from Thanos or will they find a another Cosmic Power with Time Travel Abilitys ?

Seems like Pym made a device that was able to enter the Quantum Realm. The guy is a genius he can likely use that to help the team go back with B.A.R.F tech.

Unless there's some issue with Saldana's availability going forward, I can't imagine that Gamora stays dead. Infinity War doesn't work at all as an ending for her character arc.

Saldana is going to be busy shooting Avatar sequels and to be honest, her death was one of the most effective moments in the movie and there has to be some long lasting consequences to these two movies. Some people have to stay dead.

Saldana is going to be busy shooting Avatar sequels and to be honest, her death was one of the most effective moments in the movie and there has to be some long lasting consequences to these two movies. Some people have to stay dead.

Didn’t they say Gotg3 will be the last with the current team? She could come back to life but still be written out.

The real casualties (other than perhaps the Asgardians) would presumably come as a result of the fight to defeat Thanos in the next film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"