Liam Neeson's Taken, The Real Punisher Movie We Should Have Got?

D) It was just a badly written/acted movie, save for Stevenson and Knight they're the only two that seemed to give genuine performances.
Sure some might say it was a badly written and acted film, but I think among Ray and Knight is West and Hutchison.

Taken was a great movie and shouldn't even be compared to this mess.

The writer of Taken produced the first Punisher movie with Dolph. :p

Taken is doing very well at the box office!

War Zone, not so much.

One had horrible commericals, one had quite compelling commercials.

Must be a coincidence.

this next part is very important...

they're going to take you.

I have seen Taken and PWZ.

I prefer PWZ to Taken as the movie is just a lazily produced Luc Besson script.

I could have guesses that it would be set in Paris (Kiss of the Dragon, District 13, Taxi 1,2, 3 and 4) I could guess that it would have some cheesy acting too (Taxi anyone?)

Some tough guy comes to Paris and tears it up. Yawn.

Although Neeson is quite good in it everything else is not up to scratch.

Taken, kicking butt.........

Domestic: $126,833,000 63.5% + Foreign : $73,055,510 36.5% = Worldwide: $199,888,510

Taken was better than War Zone because we could relate to the characters and sympathize with them better than War Zone which was too much like an over-the-top colorful comic book story. I liked both movies but I prefer Taken only because it feels more realistic.

Liam Neeson deliveres the most brutal and efficient killings you will ever see on screen.
woah, I saw a total different movie..

I haven't seen PWZ yet; but I was thoroughly blown away with Taken. A complete surprise. I didn't think Neeson could pull it off, but he did, imho. Moral of the story: don't mess with a retired American spy, much less an active one. If you do, you'll get your back side handed to you.

'I'm not a millionaire but what i do have is a particular set of skills...'

LOVED this film

PWZ- It was what frank does...kill. I mean what do people expect

Taken and Punisher are two different films. Punisher doesn't have a family anymore. He hunts down crooks who haven't done anything to him. Also, Castle is already armed when he's doing his business.

Taken and Punisher are two different films. Punisher doesn't have a family anymore. He hunts down crooks who haven't done anything to him. Also, Castle is already armed when he's doing his business.

I think people are talking tonally, that Taken was the tone that they wanted out of a Punisher movie, something less cartoony. Much like Man on Fire with the 2004 film.

I find that hard to apply. "Man on Fire" and "Taken" both involve heroes who have much more personal involvement with the abducted victims. Both Creasy and Mills were somewhat hurt by their past occupation. Then they find themselves fully embracing their deadly skills to accomplish their goal. Castle's military and police background doesn't haunt him. I've never read about Frank regretting his years in service. Also, fans wanted the Punisher set in New York. "Man on Fire" and "Taken" use the old 'American victim overseas' approach.

Not much is subtle about Punisher when he's on a mission. One day he'll hit organized crime. Then the next day he might be the guy hunting down Rusty Nail or the Hitcher.

Last edited:
I keep hearing great things about this movie. I guess I have to get off my ass and go see it, finally. :hehe:

I keep hearing great things about this movie. I guess I have to get off my ass and go see it, finally. :hehe:

Taken is so much more exciting than Dark Knight. Best action film I've seen this year.

I find that hard to apply. "Man on Fire" and "Taken" both involve heroes who have much more personal involvement with the abducted victims. Both Creasy and Mills were somewhat hurt by their past occupation. Then they find themselves fully embracing their deadly skills to accomplish their goal. Castle's military and police background doesn't haunt him. I've never read about Frank regretting his years in service. Also, fans wanted the Punisher set in New York. "Man on Fire" and "Taken" use the old 'American victim overseas' approach.

Not much is subtle about Punisher when he's on a mission. One day he'll hit organized crime. Then the next day he might be the guy hunting down Rusty Nail or the Hitcher.

Like I said tonally, it's what a lot of fans would have preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"