Non-Spoiler Review

Bubonic

Superhero
Reaction score
So far it has been said that this is the best Punisher movie ever.
The violence is intense, the Punisher is brutal, and it is the way it should be.

Ray finally gets the Punisher, portraying the character perfectly.

Unfortunately there is still a lot of bad acting and bad lines in the movie and some side stories that some felt were unnecessary.

Overall if you've kept your expectations low and you are a fan of Punisher MAX, chances are you might enjoy this.

Nomad's non-spoiler review

Lexi Alexander, cast and crew brought Frank Castle and HIS world to life. Those fans who wanted exactly that will be thrilled. Those who wanted to see Frank Castle in Taxi Driver will be less than thrilled. And screw them!

Punisher: War Zone is satisfying in every way. The acting is amazing, the look and FEEL of the film is better than perfect and no one will accuse THIS film version of Frank Castle of over-stylised, fancy-schmancy kills. Frank Castle PUNISHES; swiftly, brutally, PERIOD.

And guess what? The chandelier scene makes total sense. After gunning down the Cesare dinner gueats, Frank realises that all the french doors surrounding the dining room are about to burst open admitting the *beep* with guns blazing. So he leaps up into the chandelier and takes them out in the only way open to him. This is exactly what one would expect of a highly trained special forces soldier: IMPROVISING according to the demands of situation.

I don't want to speak too much about the story so nothing is spoiled for those who don't want that. But I'll tell you about my conversations at the after party with various artists of both cast and crew whice include Ray Stevenson, Steve Gainer (Director of Photography), Wayne Knight (Microchip), Larry Day (Agent Miller), Keram Malicki-Sánchez (Ink), TJ Storm (Maginty), Andrew Neskoromny (Production Designer), and Michael Wandmacher (film score composer).

Maybe I should do last first. Michael Wandmacher has given us a score that both reflects and amplifies Frank Castle's inner war zone. I had mentioned to him how many of you wanted that, and he was both surprised and very pleased to have read that in many of your posts. It is very likely that the CD of Michael's score will be released before the end of this year. YOU are to thank for that, because Michael's MySpace site has had so many hits over the last couple of days since he uploaded some of the tracks, the Powers That Be seem to want to release the CD sooner than they might have otherwise. Kudos to Michael Wandmacher and kudos to you descriminating fanboys!

Andrew Neskoromny, production designer, spoke of his efforts to find just the right locations and of the collaborative work with Lexi Alexander, Steve Gainer and many others that resulted in the very distinctive look and feel of the film. The comics, of course, were the direct inspiration and all who looked forward to that will be thrilled.

Not nearly enough could EVER be said of Steve Gainer's work, so you'll just have to go SEE the film to appreciate HIS genius.

One of my favorite people tonight was Keram Malicki-Sánchez (Ink). I told him of how much his pod-casts meant to us all, and expressed our appreciation. Like many actors, he's not a regular reader of message boards, but he really wants to know who else you would like him to interview and what questions you want him to ask. He spoke with Ray Stevenson this evening about doing an interview. So we can only hope that happens, and SOON. And Keram's performance as Ink will knock your socks off.

Speaking of performances that will knock your socks off, Doug Hutchison's Looney Bin Jim is a scene stealer. When he's on the screen, he commands your attention. He's simply amazing. My only disappointment of the evening was that I never spoke to him. Had I, I think I would have bowed at his feet, he was THAT good.

Larry Day (Agent Miller) flew in from Canada. His enthusiam for the film echoed that of every person there. This was a family that worked long and hard together and it shows on the screen.

Ray Stevenson...what a face. His face and eyes are so expressive, dialog is almost superfluous. Anyone who thinks Punisher: War Zone is merely a gore-fest lacking in emotional depth should prepare to get owned. Really OWNED.

So, forget that the economy sucks, your job is in jeopardy, you have final exams coming up and you have yet to begin Christmas shopping. Go see Punisher: War Zone and have fun. And wear your skull tee shirts!

That's it for now. I'm finally tired! And I'm not proof-reading this so it's likely a mess. And I'm sure I forgot to mention another dozen things. Maybe tomorrow. Night night!

Nomad
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450314/board/thread/124213822?p=1

So far it has been said that this is the best Punisher movie ever.
The violence is intense, the Punisher is brutal, and it is the way it should be.

Ray finally gets the Punisher, portraying the character perfectly.

Unfortunately there is still a lot of bad acting and bad lines in the movie and some side stories that some felt were unnecessary.

Overall if you've kept your expectations low and you are a fan of Punisher MAX, chances are you might enjoy this.
Its about time we got a real punisher movie.Even if some of the acting is bad at least Ray gets the character plus every movie will have a few flaws.

People are having varying reasons why the acting is bad. Some say West is bad (which is hard to believe, from the B-footage and "Destroyed" clip I saw) while others say he's good. Hutchinson has been praised as scene-stealing, while others are calling his role the worst acting they've seen.

What people are agreeing on is that the violence is brutal and amazing, the lighting works great, and the movie overall is way better than the last two, lots of fun and features a great punisher.

People are having varying reasons why the acting is bad. Some say West is bad (which is hard to believe, from the B-footage and "Destroyed" clip I saw) while others say he's good. Hutchinson has been praised as scene-stealing, while others are calling his role the worst acting they've seen.

What people are agreeing on is that the violence is brutal and amazing, the lighting works great, and the movie overall is way better than the last two, lots of fun and features a great punisher.
Thas all I nedd to know about the flick but I don't get why west is getting some bad feedback my gusse is that not every critc is okay with the idea that west is playing it in a campy way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"