The Dark Knight Rises Lifting the Bat-Bells II: Bale's physique

How is it not accurate and you just reiterated everything I posted with that picture.

Taller than Flash and most of the women and GL was around the same height with SM and MM being taller...

If you read my post, which Jak just supported, john stewart is consistently SHORTER THAN BATMAN, not the same height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttUBGrqHVMk

The first three seconds of that alone shows how wrong you are about that. The only time height that seemed to vary was with Wonder Woman, who was shown as being a little shorter than Batman, or the same height...and this is when she is wearing high heels.

Either way, Batman is consistently shown to be taller than a great deal of his peers, not shorter, which was my main point in the first place.

Last edited:
Opps I was off about Green Lantern who I said was around the same height.

That doesn't counteract the fact that his size varies from artist through artist now does it?

Not a single artist sticks to height criteria some do but most don't. Sometimes he looks far taller than 6'2 or just a bit shorter than 6'0.

That doesn't counteract the fact that his size varies from artist through artist now does it?

Not a single artist sticks to height criteria some do but most don't. Sometimes he looks far taller than 6'2 or just a bit shorter than 6'0.
If we're going by how artists vary then we could make the argument that Bane should be 8 feet tall.

Which is why posting stills of a cartoon isnt always a good idea, though honestly, anyone who watched the cartoon knew for a fact Stewart wasn't the same height...or even about.

Either way, DC has written numerous books detailing Batman's actual height, in addition to the fact that Batman is consistently portrayed as being taller than most of the characters he interacts with...which again, is my main point.

JAK®;19925465 said:
If we're going by how artists vary then we could make the argument that Bane should be 8 feet tall.

According to Graham Nolan that seems to be the case. :hehe:

Which is why posting stills of a cartoon isnt always a good idea, though honestly, anyone who watched the cartoon knew for a fact Stewart wasn't the same height...or even about.

I was right about all the other characters and said Stewart was around the same height. Sorry for being off about a show that hasn't been on air for like 6 years.

When it comes down to it, it's really a matter of preference more than anything. :up:

I would personally like to see something in-between BB and TDK. In BB he was big, and I liked that, but you could still tell that he had on some fat-weight in addition to his muscle mass. TDK he got a bit too skinny for my liking. I'd like him to put on some mass, but keep it lean muscle.

Does anyone know how much Christian Bale weighed in TDK? Judging on careful examination alone from watching it several times, I'd say 140-160 pounds no more than that, its somewhat hard to tell in certain parts due to Nolan's careful camerawork and smart choice in clothing for Wayne and camera tricks. Double sweatshirts, loose silky white shirt, nice tailored suits giving nice shoulder width and the thin waist and heavier torso, camera angles etc.

I actually did like that about TDK the ability of Nolan to play around more with Wayne keeping a more toned/slender physique it still worked. But Begins still remains favorite in body type based on the fact that I think I just really like Jim Lee's Wayne which Bale reminded me a lot of in Begins.

So I agree with Infinity in that I'd like something in between his weight in Begins and TDK. Maybe 175-180 pounds would be good.

He's in a tone slender

No way he was 140lbs. I'm guessing somewhere between 160-185lbs.

^ I recall reading somewhere that he was at around 140lbs for "The Fighter". Maybe that's where people got that number from.

I did read somewhere that Bale is training even harder than he did for BB for this film. Looking forward to a massive Batman, the way it's supposed to be.....hope they don't cut it down too much like in BB (apparently, Bale was told to slim down prior to filming)

Speaking in specific muscles sense, he needs a lot more work upper body wise and we need to see more than what was shown in TDK. Main ones being traps and shoulders. I mean, he's big, but Batman is supposed to be a really physically imposing guy. He needs wide, muscular shoulders.

...as long as Bale doesn't end up being bigger than Hardy's Bane.

So 2 inches is a really big deal around here, huh??

Bale being 6' (tho, I think he´s actualy 6'1''...not that it matters at all) and Batman being "described" as 6'2'' all the time but being drawn as 7'....mmm...yeah...really guys?? I mean, really??

Also, how anyone can call his TDK size "skinny" is beyond me...yeah, he wasn´t as big as in BB (there wasn´t a big difference either), but calling him "skinny"?? :doh:

Polux

The TDK suit really humanized and dimished Batman. That's the issue.

So 2 inches is a really big deal around here, huh??

Bale being 6' (tho, I think he´s actualy 6'1''...not that it matters at all) and Batman being "described" as 6'2'' all the time but being drawn as 7'....mmm...yeah...really guys?? I mean, really??

Also, how anyone can call his TDK size "skinny" is beyond me...yeah, he wasn´t as big as in BB (there wasn´t a big difference either), but calling him "skinny"?? :doh:

Polux

Welcome to the Hype. Home of the hyperbole.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Bale was pretty damn thin in TDK. He didn't look frail, and he certainly wasn't 140, but he wasn't large either.

The tireless and endless debate continues. lol

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually liked his leaner look in TDK better then his bulky look in Begins. In Begins, I don't know, I have no problem with his look, if he looks like that again, I'd be fine with it, but he kind of came off as too stocky. Bale doesn't need to be huge, he just needs to be ripped and have definition. I'm sure that's what Bale will be like. He will be his TDK size with great definition.

It'd be cool if he did his American Psycho physique.

Bale's frame isn't suited for bulk. That's why he looked stocky in Begins.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Bale was pretty damn thin in TDK. He didn't look frail, and he certainly wasn't 140, but he wasn't large either.
I agree. When comparing Bale from BB to TDK, he looks much "thinner" in TDK. Sure, he's not "The Machinist thin", but again, when comparing both Batman films(which should be a no-brainer), there is most certainly a thinner version of Bale.

JAK®;19952181 said:
Bale's frame isn't suited for bulk. That's why he looked stocky in Begins.
I'd say that's more to do with his rushed fitness regime. He looked close to ideal in Equilibrium. His constant weight shifts since then probably don't help to make him look so physically perfect now.

xBBFh.jpg

Lv8jN.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"