Like or hate your job?

I work at a movie theater and I suppose that I like my job due to working with some of my friends there. At times it kind of depends on what kind of mood I'm in, what movies are playing, and so forth. But overall I tend to enjoy it as it keeps me busy along with free movies, free snacks, and drinks.

I don't hate my Walgreens job as I did before, but I don't like it either. I'm starting to get use to it actually, I don't find my co-workers annoying like I did before (except a couple of people) and in a way it's good exercise.

But what I hate are the foreign customers, I never really had a problem with foreigners until I got this job; they can be so irritating. And there's always the hours, we close at 12am everynight even Sunday while the stores in the area close early like at 9pm; and I'm ALWAYS closing.

Hate it.

The work here is beneath me, so much so that my enthusiasm and intellect have actually dropped due to the tedium. I mean I spend ALL day on the hype, even when 'busy' and have no problems meeting deadlines.

The bosses are mostly clueless, arrogant tossers and a lot of my peers are either dull or dirty old blokes. :(

I'd move on, but due to circumstances that's not possible at the moment.

Being paid to do a PhD so can't complain. Who wouldn't want to get paid to be a student.

Wished I had a lil bit more money though but the freedom is top notch.

Should be starting a real job at the end of the year, That should be awesome...

Currently I don't have a job...........

but I start my new job on Monday. I don't have an opinion on the job yet. So, we'll have to wait and see :)

I don't mind my job, but currently they are simply a means to an end. I am moving to Australia in September so I just need as much cash as I can get my paws on.

I love my job ( I guess)
I work in decorative concrete finishing.Its the same job I had when I lived in Chicago (now in TN) My boss and coworkers use to live in Kenosha, so for a while there it was like living in some kind of commune.During the week it was never practical to go home so Id stay in Kenosha.Get off work and just go to his house fall asleep ,wake up and head out the door at 4-5 am,.It was some total Upton Sinclair communism.Id only get down to my apartment on the weekends or a slow week.
Most people would probably hate my job.Its tough work and Ive had my fair share of on the job injuries.Ive been cut by 6 inch grinders,burned with heat guns and once i broke out in a crazy face rash from chemical fumes,..everyone thought i had frostbite.I think I have more dust and crap in my lungs than a miner.And theres always a slow down during fall/winter...But in the end I get a lot of satisfaction from the finished product.

I hate my job......so much.....flames.....flames....coming.......from the side of my face...

Seriously though, I wish I was dead.

I like my job for the most part. To bad my last day is next thursday. I got a summer internship doing video production and Ill host my own radio show each week. The pay for the internship is actually more than my previous job and they have already told me that they will probably offer me a job after the summer so Im pretty excited.

What is this booming out, you mean travel? It certainly was the main sell to go Union. ;)
Yep go to the hall and check which locals have work. From what I hear the electricians up here are swamped

So what would everyone's dream job be?

Realistic ones, not "movie star" stuff.

Working actress. Not 'movie star' (especially since most movie suck right now anyway) but, lots of theatre, maybe some CSI-type tv shows... if they can drag out Heroes for a few more seasons and I could...

*smacks self*

I'm thinking too far ahead.

Currently I don't have a job...........

but I start my new job on Monday. I don't have an opinion on the job yet. So, we'll have to wait and see :)

That's uber excting news! Hope you have a great first day on the job! :)

Yep go to the hall and check which locals have work. From what I hear the electricians up here are swamped

Nice, thanks for the heads up. :up:
I still need to get my license though, I graduated from the apprenticeship last year and I make mechanic wages but I'm not licensed yet. :O

I like my job. I work at a plant nursery, which means I spend most the time outside, and I don't have to deal with people. That's nice. It's cool.

So what would everyone's dream job be?

Realistic ones, not "movie star" stuff.

I have plans of being a part of the board in some big company, like Nokia ( I put that there, because that's only finnish company that you know :oldrazz:)

I hate my job.

Actually I don't know , I feel conflicted. Sometimes my job is good I have the freedom to do certain things and there isn't anyone looking over my shoulder because I am out on the road.. I replenish Atm machines.

I have been working 12 hour days but lately i have had the weekends off because they are trying keep people from having an obscene amount of hours. Anything over 40 is time and a half . I usually get 55 sometimes more.

Sometimes I feel like I am working my life away and really dont have much to show for it becuase I have to pay off a car loan and rent. My job can be very stressful and when I come to work It's a guess as to what problems I'll encounter . It's alot to get into .

For you Movie fans , Leonardo Dicaprio was filming a scene right around the corner for my work base . The area is being used by the production crew and there are signs posted all around leading to the street . It was an old stop and shop warehouse that used to be there but was torn down .

I get paid fairly well at my job because the manager loves me and gives me a ****load of hours. Compared to most doorman/box office cashiers I get paid quite a bit. I still live at home with no real responsibilities as the only bill I pay is my cell phone bill.

I take home at least close to 300 dollars every two weeks and once I get my two raises this year I'll be taking home more. So it's not bad, it's just dealing with stupid customers can get to you a bit, you know?

I like my job... I hate dealing with management, and 90% of my co-workers. I'm a Dairy Manager for a major grocery chain. We get treated pretty badly, the union blows, my co-workers are all worthless, but my job... I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"