Lionsgate confirms the running time

Its not about the gainer thing or del prte thing I'm talking about how it seems like everytime one good thing is said about the movie it seem you got to point out something wrong with the movie.

Well, that's because I think that they got the wrong director for the job and had a bad script to work off of.

I have said that I like the actors that were chosen for this movie.

Well, that's because I think that they got the wrong director for the job and had a bad script to work off of.

I have said that I like the actors that were chosen for this movie.
I agree the script was mediocre and like the 04 version had some parts that were un-punisher.I can't say anything about the director since I have not seen any of her movies.Back on the script thing The script was rewritten by two guys who made iron man which turned out to be a really good movie so that does help the movie a bit add to the fact that the director has said its been almost completely rewritten means the first script been taken care of.Kurt can't talk all that bad about the new script since sutter script was said to be pretty crappy.

Marcum and Holloway did do a rewrite, but in one of Sutter's blog posts he mentions that someone else worked on the script after them (and is going uncredited) which Kurt said had "less than organic dialouge".

I'm guessing that person was Lexi Alexander (I mean her draft of the script had some bad dialouge in it), plus like a couple of days after Sutter's blog post Alexander wrote something on her blog which seemed like she was trying to take a pot shot at Sutter by mentioning The Shield and how Frank Castle can not work in a gritty realistic setting. That to me show she doesn't full understand Castle (well, and some of the dialouge she had written for him).

Last edited:
I see what you mean but lets be honesty sutter does come off as bitter plus your forgetting that he still liked the script.From what I recall iron man did not have any bad dialouge and to bring this up once more it was said that sutters script sucked so he can't talk about about how bad Marcum and Holloway rewrite was when he did worse.

He said Holloway and Marcum were rewritten, he doesn't reveal the persons name, but like I said I suspect it was Alexander.

And Iron Man had 3 other who people who wrote on it, not to mention what ever Faverau and Downey Jr. improvised. Regarding Punisher how do you think your dialogue is gonna turn out if a c-list director rewrites you, not good.

Maybe she had a couple scenes she, as the director, wanted to put in there and rewrote a few things to make those scenes possible. She probably didn't go through and tweak the whole thing.

He said Holloway and Marcum were rewritten, he doesn't reveal the persons name, but like I said I suspect it was Alexander.

And Iron Man had 3 other who people who wrote on it, not to mention what ever Faverau and Downey Jr. improvised. Regarding Punisher how do you think your dialogue is gonna turn out if a c-list director rewrites you, not good.
The director and downey jr maybe did do a couple of changes like lexi will do with this movie but that does not mean the final cut will be different from the final script.I also have not heard anything about Holloway and Marcum script being rewritten.As for dialogue well kurts is a tv show writer who was going to write the punisher script for all we know maybe his dialogue was really bad. I don't think simple dialogue will harm this movie its not trying to be citzen kane or the godfather its a action flick and most action movies don't have great dialogue that oscar worthy.I think your expecting way too much for this movie.

The director and downey jr maybe did do a couple of changes like lexi will do with this movie but that does not mean the final cut will be different from the final script.I also have not heard anything about Holloway and Marcum script being rewritten.As for dialogue well kurts is a tv show writer who was going to write the punisher script for all we know maybe his dialogue was really bad. I don't think simple dialogue will harm this movie its not trying to be citzen kane or the godfather its a action flick and most action movies don't have great dialogue that oscar worthy.I think your expecting way too much for this movie.

Thank You!! Thats what i have been saying, I have a feeling this will be more a visual type movie. I mean look at 300 if we had read the script everybody would be saying the same (it reads corny) thing... but it worked visually. Lexi has constantly said how she has tried to somewhat match the look for the movie. Judge this when it opens,, but its script is not gonna win an oscar.

300 was coming off of some pretty shoddy material to begin with and Snyder did the best he could with that script.

Just because the script isn't 'Oscar worthy', doesn't mean it shouldn't be good.

Why does everyone think this movie is going to suck or rock with such certainty off of a couple minute trailer and circulating script. It's amazing how polarizing this movie is and its still about three months away from being released. Sheesh...

I also happen to think the director was a horrible choice.

300 was coming off of some pretty shoddy material to begin with and Snyder did the best he could with that script.

Just because the script isn't 'Oscar worthy', doesn't mean it shouldn't be good.
I agree but the lines of the movie is not going to break the movie it would be the story and action.

I like that the run time is short. Although, I don't expect the characters to really get a good build up but I could be wrong.

I think 47 minutes would go on record for the longest short film ever that no one would watch. Unless it was a TV episode.

it would probably be 47 minutes long if they took out all the violence.

this just in: warzone now officially rated pg-13 with a running time of 47 minutes. :woot:

I also happen to think the director was a horrible choice.

Why make that judgment now before the movie has come out...What did Nolan ever do to make anyone think he would be the best pick for Batman Begins before it came out.

Why make that judgment now before the movie has come out...What did Nolan ever do to make anyone think he would be the best pick for Batman Begins before it came out.

Well Memento was amazing.

He directed a good movie.

Edit: What Brendan said.

Lionsgate is listing the running time of the 'Punisher: War Zone' movie as one hour, 47 minutes
I wanna see it first :oldrazz: then I'll tell you what I think :grin:

He directed a good movie.

Edit: What Brendan said.

I agree, but nothing to warant he would be a choice for Batman. Memento-insomnia...lets give him Batman???? Im just saying you may be right but cant make that choice until we see the movie. Nolan good, but based on what he has done before batman is a different ballgame in movies. Lexi didnt get her lunch eaten with hooligans.

Last edited:
I saw it twice a while back, and I just found it pretty mediocre. There are better movies that have been done about the subject.

Also, I'm pretty convinced she doesn't get the character and her draft of the script was pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"