Rangers of the New Republic on Disney+

Please let Vanessa Marshall play her in live action.

Introducing a live action version of Hera Syndulla and/or Iden Versio would be ideal replacements for Cara
The introduction of Hera to live action would be so much better then having the vast majority of characters around. :atp:
Please let Vanessa Marshall play her in live action.
That'd be great. Plus Rogue One already established her in live action by name, Chopper and the Ghost all present (just needed a zoom in to the canopy)

oeDDKy3.jpg

C6sFues.jpg

Last edited:
Hera is massively underrated. As far as I’m concerned she was the heart of Star Wars Rebels.
Hera & Kanan were also one of the best couples we’ve seen so far in the Star Wars franchise, just a notch below Han & Leia and slightly better than Anakin & Padme

Well...that’d be one heck of an upgrade character-wise. If true, then how about a good actress this time around?

Bringing this "rumor" (essentially someone attaching a logo to a Hera image, or is there more to it than that? ) out of the Gina Carrano thread, and into the Rangers thread, where it better belongs and deserves discussion. :yay:

Fyi Source of rumor, not vouching for it, just breaking down where it came from, (seems the usual speculative but it's enough to get people directed to our site type click-bait) , just rather it be here than in that other thread, no idea who they are or who their supposed source is at LucasFilm, or if this is even remotely credible - Hera Syndulla To Replace Cara Dune On Rangers Of The New Republic? Exclusive
LRM‘s source over at Lucasfilm has told us that creatives are looking to bring in Hera Syndulla as the bridge to connect the show to The Mandalorian universe.

And I agree with all those saying Vanessa Marshall should just play her...
AX1KGpF.jpg

Also all four Favreau & Filoni spin-off shows would have characters spun out of and tied to Filoni's Clone and Rebels -
Mando with Bo Katan
Fett with Fennec Shand (retroactively being put into Bad Batch)
Ahsoka with Ahsoka
and Rangers with Hera.

Last edited:
Except didn't Favreau himself say this show is set right after Return of the Jedi?
If this is the interview you are referencing, with his anecdote about being an usher in Queens NY
He said "all of them take place in the similar time line, that is right after ROTJ" , which is also where Mando is set.
There is no conflict (the Luke who shows up at the end of S2 supports this too)
Jump to abt 2:30 -
Seems like websites citing this interview, broke it up as if when he said "the ones I'm involved with" and the later "all of them". as if he wasn't talking abt all four of their shows.
Yet if you actually listen to it, it's clear he is.

I think they are wanting these four shows (Mando, Fett, Ahsoka & Rangers) , to all stand on their own, yet also set in the same period, where they can still intersect as Thrawn will likley be revealed as the main villain behind all, and all four dove tail back together where they (and their separate plot-lines) will all need to come together to defeat Thrawn.

Last edited:
oeDDKy3.jpg

ghost2222.jpg

Speaking of Hera + Kanan.
How old would Jacen be at this point in the timeline?
Not sure when that last scene which introduced him was supposed to take place?
Also any hint he was force sensitive like his father? Could force ghost Kanan appear to him?) Would he be on Luke's radar at this point in time? If they reference back to Grogu, could Jacen be there training?
Or would he be co-pilot to Hera of tho Ghost? A "Ranger" himself, with a ship of his own?
Age?

I do wish his design had gotten more of his mother's skin-tone, and a hint of head-tails. Maybe they come at a later age?
If (instead of Cara) Hera does appear or become a substitute lead here, which would be fantastic, just wondering how (if at all) Jacen would play into it?

Last edited:
Speaking of Hera + Kanan.
How old would Jacen be at this point in the timeline?
Not sure when that last scene which introduced him was supposed to take place?
Also any hint he was force sensitive like his father? Could force ghost Kanan appear to him?) Would he be on Luke's radar at this point in time? If they reference back to Grogu, could Jacen be there training?
Or would he be co-pilot to Hera of tho Ghost? A "Ranger" himself, with a ship of his own?
Age?

I do wish his design had gotten more of his mother's skin-tone, and a hint of head-tails. Maybe they come at a later age?
If (instead of Cara) Hera does appear or become a substitute lead here, which would be fantastic, just wondering how (if at all) Jacen would play into it?
Jacen would be about 9-10 at this point in the timeline, assuming the show picks up at about the same point that Mando season 2 ended.

Yeah Jacen would only be about 10 or so. And honestly outside of books and comics I really don't expect Jacen to be used much. That was just a fun easter egg Filoni decided to put in at the end. People had been discussing how involved Kanan and Hera were throughout the show.......and well......Filoni gave you the answer there.

honestly outside of books and comics I really don't expect Jacen to be used much.
That was just a fun easter egg Filoni decided to put in at the end
Well that's just it, if they are going to use Hera, he becomes more than as you say "just an easter egg" and can't just be ignored. They would have to address him, hence his age matters, why I'm asking about it.

If he's not with his mother as we last saw, something needs to be said and shown she's thinking of him and where he is, wanting to return to him, etc., they can't just have her act like he doesn't exist.
10 puts him in an interesting spot;
Unless something happened to Hera, he's likley not going to be out on his own, So he would likley be by Her side (or or minimum she's returning to him between missions.
If they establish he is force sensitive probably the easiest (and best) explanation for him not being around, is he's off with Luke Jedi training.

Last edited:
After Carano got dumped for being terrible, I wondered what would happen with this. When they announced it was a prequel to the Mando stuff we have watched so far, I was even more confused. Now I wonder if they just let it go, and work in whatever ideas they need for the Thrawn storyline elsewhere.

Not surprising. Out of all the shows announced, this was probably my least anticipated next to Cassian show along with but I still would have watched it.

same here - instead Andor is my most anticipated

Honestly, why do people keep bashing Disney and Lucasfilm for firing Carano to begin with? She's NOT innocent in any way! And no, it wasn't "Just one tweet". She was being mean towards trans people and other things for MONTHS. The incident in January with here stupid Holocaust comparison was the final straw. And YES, she was being bigoted with that tweet. You don't compare Republicans to persecuted, innocent Jewish people after the former started a freaking SEIGE earlier this year. The Republicans are NOT innocent here, so that's not comparison, that's using an inappropriate, sensitive reference to defend criminal actions. Carano should've known better than that and yet she couldn't keep her big mouth shut and it destroyed her career. That's HER fault, not Disney or anyone else.

So, if you're seriously defending Carano and her actions, look me right in the ****ing eye and tell me WHY. I DARE YOU. Cause all I see is the same crowd who demonized Brie Larson, Kathleen Kennedy, and Rey being horrible again, and I'm TIRED of it.

Last edited:
Cancelling this seems kinda crazy but also very Disney. If they really have so little to work with that losing Gina Carano has killed the project, then it should die. We know so little about Cara Dune that I doubt anyone would notice if you just changed her name in the script.

Not surprised Rangers was put on hiatus after dumbass Gina Carano got canned

Hopefully they can find a way to rework it without her. Perhaps revamp the show as a tie in to the Rogue Squadron movie in development

Wraith Squadron. Spin-off of Rogue Squadron.

Cancelling this seems kinda crazy but also very Disney. If they really have so little to work with that losing Gina Carano has killed the project, then it should die. We know so little about Cara Dune that I doubt anyone would notice if you just changed her name in the script.
It sounded like a concept they came up with that wasn't fully formed, but basically would revolve around the idea of New Republic members, that would tie into the Thrawn situation. Then they announced it was a "prequel" which probably meant they were starting over to specific separate it from what happened in season 2. Now it seems they just want to focus on the Thrawn stuff specifically, which I am cool with. It is what I am interested in. Every character outside of Dune will probably show up elsewhere.

It sounded like a concept they came up with that wasn't fully formed, but basically would revolve around the idea of New Republic members, that would tie into the Thrawn situation. Then they announced it was a "prequel" which probably meant they were starting over to specific separate it from what happened in season 2. Now it seems they just want to focus on the Thrawn stuff specifically, which I am cool with. It is what I am interested in. Every character outside of Dune will probably show up elsewhere.
Disappointing, but if it means a focus on Thrawn then I'm cool with it.

Imma reiterate this here as well: Carano was meant to maybe star in Rangers, but Cara Dune's show was a completely separate project. It has been said on multiple occasions that the Cara Dune show was removed from the line-up on Disney's Investor Day. So it was never announced to begin with. Whatever problems the Ranger show is having, it likely has absolutely nothing to do with Cara Dune.

Now there are some lovely rumors about 'x replaced Cara Dune' in the show and that should tell you exactly how credible those are. That said, it would have made sense for Hera to be in this show.

Another really annoying thing that a lot of these clickbait sites have done is change the wording of "not currently in active development" to "no longer being developed." Not in active development at this stage could just mean that Filoni and Favreau are busy with the three other shows they need to get up and running. No longer being developed however reads as fully canceled which has not been confirmed.

Last edited:
Imma reiterate this here as well: Carano was meant to maybe star in Rangers, but Cara Dune's show was a completely separate project. It has been said on multiple occasions that the Cara Dune show was removed from the line-up on Disney's Investor Day. So it was never announced to begin with. Whatever problems the Ranger show is having, it likely has absolutely nothing to do with Cara Dune.

Now there are some lovely rumors about 'x replaced Cara Dune' in the show and that should tell you exactly how credible those are. That said, it would have made sense for Hera to be in this show.

Another really annoying thing that a lot of these clickbait sites have done is change the wording of "not currently in active development" to "no longer being developed." Not in active development at this stage could just mean that Filoni and Favreau are busy with the three other shows they need to get up and running. No longer being developed however reads as fully canceled which has not been confirmed.
Everything says Rangers replaced the Cara Dune show. The idea was seemingly to make, "Cara Dune". Then she got super transphobic and problematic in general, so they switched it to a show that would theoretically feature her, if she stopped acting like a hateful person. She couldn't do that. Every other show had a pretty clear directive. That one didn't. I don't think that was an accident.

Everything says Rangers replaced the Cara Dune show. The idea was seemingly to make, "Cara Dune". Then she got super transphobic and problematic in general, so they switched it to a show that would theoretically feature her, if she stopped acting like a hateful person. She couldn't do that. Every other show had a pretty clear directive. That one didn't. I don't think that was an accident.
That is definitely possible, and maybe even pretty likely, though we don't have any information on when Rangers was greenlit to confirm that. For all we know it could have been a Hera-focused show all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"