Rangers of the New Republic on Disney+

That is definitely possible, and maybe even pretty likely, though we don't have any information on when Rangers was greenlit to confirm that. For all we know it could have been a Hera-focused show all along.
Not likely. The trades were pretty spot on. Boba, Ahsoka, and the Cara Dune show. Only one of those didn't appear, and Rangers had no other track record.

I’m so glad she got the boot before of any of these shows came out. Hopefully whatever does come out is amazing and extremely successful and her effective replacement becomes one of the faces of Star Wars for the next few decades. This could have been you Cara, but you just had to send some (very expensive) tweets!

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/book-of-boba-fett-premiere-date-disney-plus-1235076965/

There had been plans for a “Rangers of the New Republic” series that was likely to star “The Mandalorian’s” Gina Carrano, but the project is no longer in active development after Disney cut ties with the actress following backlash due to her social media posts.

But then you have this:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...noff-book-boba-fett-premiere-date-1235022518/

The streamer also has a limited series centered on Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) in the works along with two other Mandalorian spinoffs, Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they're re-working the Rangers Of The New Republic to not center on Cara Dune.
Wasn't there talk about them re-working it into a Hera show? I could see that being what happened, and the re-work ended up being bigger than they thought it would be so it's just gone silent for now until it comes back with a new name.

Was it ever confirmed this was going to center around Cara anyway? Would seem to make sense, but don't think they ever nailed that down publically. Could have been more a broad ensemble about the New Republic types out on the frontier like those X-Wing guys.

Wasn't there talk about them re-working it into a Hera show? I could see that being what happened, and the re-work ended up being bigger than they thought it would be so it's just gone silent for now until it comes back with a new name.
I’d be cool with that if that was the case.

Was it ever confirmed this was going to center around Cara anyway? Would seem to make sense, but don't think they ever nailed that down publically. Could have been more a broad ensemble about the New Republic types out on the frontier like those X-Wing guys.

No it wasn't. And I think that scenario you suggested was possible.

So the Rogue Squadron movie is put on hold, and now Rangers has been canceled. Makes me wonder if they intend to make Rogue Squadron a Disney+ series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"