Stand-Alone Movies Jon Favreau to Produce Live-Action 'Star Wars' Series

Waititi will probably be a one off. He is a busy man.
Do you know what he’s got on his lates at the moment? I think he’ll be invited back to the MCU for a project at some point.

Do you know what he’s got on his lates at the moment? I think he’ll be invited back to the MCU for a project at some point.

He's doing a film set in the second world war about a kid with an imaginary freind. He's playing hitler. He's doing something for marvel and he's also doing a live action akira bassed on the manga which i believe will be a trilogy.

He's doing a film set in the second world war about a kid with an imaginary freind. He's playing hitler. He's doing something for marvel and he's also doing a live action akira bassed on the manga which i believe will be a trilogy.
Oh thanks. Looks like he's in demand.

And he is involved in a What We Do In The Shadows type series and a stop motion animated movie called Bubbles about Michael Jackson's pet chimp.

And he is involved in a What We Do In The Shadows type series and a stop motion animated movie called Bubbles about Michael Jackson's pet chimp.
Nice. Next up, Ragnarok 2. ;)

Dp8lMHUXQAI7Uyw.jpg
Dp6lthyUwAAwXKP.jpg

Uncle George went to the Mandalorian set :)

Very cool. He visited Rogue One and Solo too.

Heh, didn't realize Favreau was that tall either, always figured the dude only looked big because he was standing beside RDJ. :funny:

So do we know when this is going to hit? Is it going to be the big launch-content thing as soon as the streaming service goes live, or...?

Pretty psyched for it. Star Wars live-action TV is something I've wanted since I was a kid, still feels pretty nuts it's actually happened. Was pretty bummed when George's original project never came to fruition, but man I hope down the line post-The Mandalorian some of those ideas make it into another show. Even if it's more of an anthology thing, one-off episodes rather than an ongoing story.

I recall some talk about previously planned TV series focusing on a young Emperor Palpatine. So apparently there were some outlines or scripts written for that premise. That comes from God of War's Cory Barlog:

God of War director Cory Barlog says that Sony’s violent series is growing up with the industry

I think a live-action TV series is a great idea and a good way to get the Star Wars fix outside of the movies rather than getting a new movie every six months.

I think TV is where you can explore all the other corners of the galaxy and do more experimental stuff without getting punished because it's not going to be viewed by as wide of an audience.

A Palpatine script was one of the episodes (or a multi-episode arc, we don't really have any details) for the show George was working on (think with McCallum still producing) soon before the Disney sale. Apparently they had dozens of scripts ready to go, from all sorts of different writers (ie. not George), and it was all greenlit, but they couldn't find a way to get the inevitable budgets down enough for it to be managable. Sounds like at the time it would have been like way more expensive than Game Of Thrones or whatever, and they felt they had to wait and find a way to get the costs down before moving forward.

Someone, forget who, some scriptwriter or industry person, read the Palpatine stuff and basically said it was some of the most amazing **** he's ever read. Sounds pretty crazy. He said something along the lines of "it did the impossible, makes you actually feel for Palpatine", and it was "about some woman who just absolutely broke/ruined him in earlier life".

Which I...don't think is exactly a good idea, Sheev should pretty much stay a Satan analogue, just pure evil for the sake of evil, he was born a wretched mother****er and just does all of this because he can. Buuuutt it's pretty interesting to think about, going by what this guy said, I would have loved to have at least read the script for that. Seems George had a backstory in mind for the guy beyond just the vague Plagueis stuff.

But yeah, we're almost guaranteed to get more SW shows on the streaming service post-The Mandalorian, who knows, maybe some of the ideas/concepts from George there, post-prequels but pre-Disney sale, might get resurrected. The initial Rogue One pitch (which sounded like it leaned a little more into the heist/spy elements and lighter on the actual big military conflict stuff) was for an episode of that TV series, before eventually making it over to Edwards for the movie.

Yeah I think it was Cory Barlog in the above link who said it was amazing and basically something like what you mentioned.

But I agree with what you said. I'm not sure I want to see young Palpatine as a sympathetic character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"