Rangers of the New Republic on Disney+

Looking forward to this show. After the last episode, hopefully the line up will be Cara, Fennec, and Bill Burr’s character. Maybe Boba Fett can join in with Cobb Vanth.

Nah, I can't see any of those except Cara as being Rangers. Implicit in the name is that they are actual agents of law and order. I would say the primary candidates, in no particular order, are Cara, Cobb, and Lee's X-Wing Space Cop.

Boba potentially has his own spinoff, and if she shows up anywhere, Fennec would show up there.

Going to guess that Cara was going to be in this, and isn’t anymore.

Looking forward to this show. After the last episode, hopefully the line up will be Cara, Fennec, and Bill Burr’s character. Maybe Boba Fett can join in with Cobb Vanth.
I don't know about Fennec, but I definitely felt they were foreshadowing Mayfield (Bill Burr) being recruited by the Rangers in this last episode of Mando. Which I would love, because more Bill Burr in Star Wars is more than fine by me.

It will be very interesting to see how they handle it given the controversies surrounding Carano. It's pretty clear she was mean to be the lead here. But are they willing to make that investment/risk now?

I don't know about Fennec, but I definitely felt they were foreshadowing Mayfield (Bill Burr) being recruited by the Rangers in this last episode of Mando. Which I would love, because more Bill Burr in Star Wars is more than fine by me.

It will be very interesting to see how they handle it given the controversies surrounding Carano. It's pretty clear she was mean to be the lead here. But are they willing to make that investment/risk now?
Burr definitely deserves another opportunity if he wants one. He did very well with a small amount of screentime in Mandalorian.

But what’s the risk though? I doubt people will boycott the show or Disney if Carano is in it. The only people talking about her are on Twitter.

But what’s the risk though? I doubt people will boycott the show or Disney if Carano is in it. The only people talking about her are on Twitter.
Just PR. I doubt they'd really take a hit on streamers, it's just a matter of them deciding whether they want her to continue to be associated with the brand. Which, these are the people who thanked a genocidal government for their assistance shooting Mulan a stone's throw away from concentration camps, so the odds of them caring here are slim. It's ultimately a matter of how public the controversy gets and how their buddies in the industry react to her.

Now that Boba Fett is getting his own spin-off, I hope that we'll still get Cobb Vanth to join this show.

star-wars-mandalorian-timoyth-olyphant-cobb-vanth-poster-1243278.jpeg

Now that Boba Fett is getting his own spin-off, I hope that we'll still get Cobb Vanth to join this show.

star-wars-mandalorian-timoyth-olyphant-cobb-vanth-poster-1243278.jpeg

Cobb Vanth seems pretty deeply rooted in Mos Pelgo. He loves that town and the people in it and wants to protect it. I doubt he would leave. Maybe if they go to Tattooine we could see him again if they ask for his help.

Jon Favreau Reveals ‘Rangers of the New Republic’ Setting, Who’s Behind ‘Ahsoka’

As for Rangers of the New Republic, that one sounds like it will be spearheaded by Favreau. And what’s more, while both spinoffs are set in the general timeline of The Mandalorian, he let slip that it would be set “right after” the events of Return of the Jedi, a movie that holds a very special place in Favreau’s heart.

“That was a film that we all grew up with. I was an usher in the movie theater back in Queens when Return of the Jedi was playing so I saw that movie dozens and dozens of times at work and now it’s so fun to be continuing the story after that with some of those characters,” Favreau said, a Baby Yoda Tiki mug peeking out behind him.

If it starts right after Return of the Jedi, that pretty much eliminates Mayfeld and Cara Dune appearing as regulars.

Personal spitballing:

I'm guessing it's right around the New Republic getting established, and sending out newly ratified officers to bring the law to the lawless. It will be like Star Wars meets Galaxy Rangers. They can maintain a western theme and call it the "new frontier" as they are dealing with places that have been under Imperial rule for over 2 decades.

Last edited:
If it starts right after Rangers of the New Republic that pretty much eliminates ... Cara Dune appearing as regulars.
Isn't Cara Dune potentially still a shock trooper for the new republic during this time?
Although the implication is she soon drifts off to become a mercenary.

Last edited:
Isn't Cara Dune potentially still a shock trooper for the new republic during this time?
Although the implication is she soon drifts off to become a mercenary.

That's my point. She was a shock trooper but eventually deserted, and lying low so much so she was worried about bounties on her head. Like maybe we could see some cameos, but it wouldn't make sense to have her as a regular for this series if it's "Rangers of the New Republic."

“That was a film that we all grew up with. I was an usher in the movie theater back in Queens when Return of the Jedi was playing so I saw that movie dozens and dozens of times at work and now it’s so fun to be continuing the story after that with some of those characters."

Hmmm.

“That was a film that we all grew up with. I was an usher in the movie theater back in Queens when Return of the Jedi was playing so I saw that movie dozens and dozens of times at work and now it’s so fun to be continuing the story after that with some of those characters."

Hmmm.
Finally the Legend of Prune Face the Nick Fury of the SW U. will be told!

Dressellian.jpg

Last edited:

Hmmm.
Mon Mothma is a character on Andor, no?

Part is cast.

Perhaps made up to be older she factors in here too?

Wondering if Leia will have a part?

Bummed that there's presumably no Mayfield here. I'd bet this was conceived as a Cara Dune spinoff and they changed plans once Carano grew too controversial to lead her own show.

Hmmm.
Gimme Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, Admiral Akbar and, yes, good ole' Pruneface (Orrimarko) Ooh, and Airen Cracken, too! I had a whole Photonovel FanFic about him I wrote back in High School!

I feel like Madine is almost a given after these comments. Wonder who they get to play him.

I very much hope we will get Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, in this show. Plus Trapper Wolf, Carson Teva, some of the other pilots/officers we met in Mandalorian.

Would love to see Wedge make an appearance. Could also serve as a good way to connect with the Rogue Squadron movie

THR notes that Cara Dune was originally going to be a lead character in the upcoming spinoff series, Rangers of the New Republic. However, Lucasfilm reportedly changed course ...
There it is.
Adios!

It’s unclear if Lucasfilm will write out the character or recast her. It’s also too early to tell whether Cara Dune’s fate will ever be addressed onscreen.

If the character is killed, or just straight vanishes that's fine. Especially since this was a new show , just pretend she never existed.
Unlike Fett, or Ahsoka shows, don't know how significant her character or role was (if ever) to spin this off.
If she must be re-cast (for some reason they need to acknowledge the character past, at Mando, Alderan, her recruitment, etc.to tell this story?) I've seen many suggest Lana Parilla

Who instead of hard stone Cara, would likley bring a fun lighter campyness to the role.

Et5bu3cVoAIDmoB.jpg

Although more than likley, they'll be creating an all new character.

If they have to connect spin it off Mando, the only real takeaway they need to connect is the established fact that the New Republic has been recruiting, implication being suposedly all over.
So who that is and shows up, going forward can be any one.

4xpddx.gif

Last edited:
Introducing a live action version of Hera Syndulla and/or Iden Versio would be ideal replacements for Cara

Introducing a live action version of Hera Syndulla and/or Iden Versio would be ideal replacements for Cara
The introduction of Hera to live action would be so much better then having the vast majority of characters around. :atp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"